Steering with Analogue Stick is Unresponsive?

• Thread starter Spade13
  • 7 comments
United States
Texas
Anoush13
Whenever you turn the wheel to full lock using the controller then try to steer back, there is a one second lag before the game responds. This is so frustrating. It practically makes slide recoveries impossible to do. It makes drifting impossible, too, unless you take the lag into consideration and overcompensate. I don't remember GT5 or GT6 being like this. Ironically, this issue only exists if you're using the analogue sticks. It's perfectly normal and responsive if you use motion controlling. Is anybody else frustrated by this? Is PD doing anything to fix this?

EDIT: I put the steering sensitivity to max and even tried turning on the counter-steer assist, but this doesn't fix the issue.

Last edited:
It's been flagged as a bug by PD. Not a deal breaker though, just more reason to avoid spinning. Drive well and it won't be an issue.

What if i want to buy this game to drift?....
Motion control with the D4 is very well implemented. I used it to get past the one drift lesson.

That said, there's very limited drift content in the game. If that's all you're buying it for then you may be disappointed.

Motion control with the D4 is very well implemented. I used it to get past the one drift lesson.

That said, there's very limited drift content in the game. If that's all you're buying it for then you may be disappointed.

Im not a fan of motion steering or touchscreen games or anything in that category.

Also , all i need is a car with enough power and a racetrack.

I really liked drifting in gt5 and 6 but not in this game

Last edited:
Try using motion-control instead of sticks. I promise you that you will be addicted to it, once you master it. First couple of races feel weird, but when you get how it works, you will never ever go back to the sticks. Not to mention that it is much healthier for your hands.

It's been flagged as a bug by PD. Not a deal breaker though, just more reason to avoid spinning. Drive well and it won't be an issue.

I'm glad PD has acknowledged the problem. I'm assuming they'll patch it in a future update, right? While it may not be deal breaker, it's still a big issue. In the off-chance that a car loses grip, you should be able to counter-steer and continue the race without an issue. Right now, that's impossible to do because of the 1-second respond time.

Plus drifting is still a big part of the game. Even there aren't much drift events, many people like to drift around in the time trial mode or online lobbies. This issue takes away from that experience.

Back