Steering...

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtvirgin
  • 3 comments
  • 535 views
Messages
1
Hello - I am a GT virgin - just received a PS2 and GT4 as a present. I also got a Williams F1 steering wheel, but find this very unsatisfactory.........the wheel requires a good quarter turn before making any response to the direction of the car on screen. I find the hand controller much better, but hoped a wheel would add to the realism of the game.

Does anyone else have this problem (is this a normal issue)? Is there a "better" steering wheel that gives a more realistic feedback?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jim.
 
Hi Jim & WELCOME to GTPlanet! 👍 The Logitech GTPro Wheel is designed just for GT4 although it works (w/occasional "Gliches") on GT3 as well. I know it "Sounds" expensive but I've seen them at "Membership" Stores for about US$109.00. IMHO you wont' experience all GT4 has to offer without one!...O.G. :D
 
The driving force pro by logitech is the best wheel by far for gt4 as it was made for gt4. The price is a little steep (about $100) but if you have the money and are enjoying gt4 id reccommend getting it. The coolest thing about the DFP is the force feedback, which turns the wheel with motors to make it act like a real car steering wheel.

Oh and the DFP will most likely be supported by future racing games (e.g. enthusia)
 
I don't think the wheel is compatible with the game, man. Sorry to say, but you'll have to get another one. I suggest getting the Logitech Driving Force Pro, the wheel made for GT4 w/ 900 degree steering.

Try Tigerdirect.com or Target...they have the Logitech Driving Force Pro for $110 + shipping.
 
Back