Stellantis News

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 12 comments

Populuxe

シアトル買い出し紀行
Premium
United States
Seattle-ish
Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares was speaking in Amsterdam this morning. He said Chrysler would be getting several new models in an effort to revive the brand. The electric Airflow concept is almost certain to be one of them.
airflow.jpg

The goal is for Chrysler to be all electric by 2028, and the entire US fleet at least 50% electric, including trucks, by 2030.

No decision has been made on the future of Fiat in the US. Right now the only model they sell here is the 500X.

Although the former PSA+Opel had ambitious plans to re-enter the US market, that won't be happening under Tavares. He believes they have enough brands in the US already.

This article goes into greater detail about what Stellantis is doing, including images of what is supposed to be the first fully electric Jeep.
ev-jeep-1646146612.png

The most interesting thing to me is that it appears Stellantis has no plans to kill any brands. Even Lancia and Vauxhall appear to have a future, at least according to this chart.
brands-1646145017.png

Last edited:
Bring back the Thesis as an EV, with a striking new, luxury saloon body. Free of the packaging constraints, it could be a designer's dream.

The electric Airflow concept is almost certain to be one of them.
I can assure you by the word of a guy who works in the aero department that the Airflow concept is not going into production. We've discussed it back and forth because that thing looks 98% production ready but he's adamant that car is not going into production. He says all is is a proof of concept/design study. He's a good friend, I don't think he would make that up, but I'm still skeptical lol. Those of you who thought it looked like a Panamera, rejoice.

Also, being that he works in Auburn Hills for Jeep specifically, and he had no idea what that little Jeep EV was when I showed him, I'm going to assume that thing was fully designed in Europe on a European platform. Not a spec of its body shape or aero were developed in their Detroit facilities.

Also I love how their description of the American brands is just straight up hoorah :lol:

Last edited:
I can assure you by the word of a guy who works in the aero department that the Airflow concept is not going into production. We've discussed it back and forth because that thing looks 98% production ready but he's adamant that car is not going into production. He says all is is a proof of concept/design study. He's a good friend, I don't think he would make that up, but I'm still skeptical lol. Those of you who thought it looked like a Panamera, rejoice.

Also, being that he works in Auburn Hills for Jeep specifically, and he had no idea what that little Jeep EV was when I showed him, I'm going to assume that thing was fully designed in Europe on a European platform. Not a spec of its body shape or aero were developed in their Detroit facilities.

Also I love how their description of the American brands is just straight up hoorah :lol:
The Jeep is supposed to use the STLA Small platform and will be built in Poland, along with an Alfa Romeo equivalent.

Last edited:
Thieves steal high-end vehicles from Stellantis Sterling Heights Assembly Plant lot
Despite security, thieves are simply walking on to the lots and stealing high end vehicles that cost as much as $100,000. Rebel TRXs, Hellcat Chargers and Challengers, and Trackhawk Jeeps are among the stolen vehicles. This comment from the article might help shine a light on how they're doing it.

Following GPS, drove onto the plant ground for a food order within the plant. Drove all over the place, passed security and finally game to a closed gate with a guard in the booth. Tried to wave him to come to the window, but he just opened the gate and waved us through, never looking up from his phone. First comment I made was "we should have picked up a newer vehicle if it was that easy." You get what you pay for./quote]

Thieves steal high-end vehicles from Stellantis Sterling Heights Assembly Plant lot
Despite security, thieves are simply walking on to the lots and stealing high end vehicles that cost as much as $100,000. Rebel TRXs, Hellcat Chargers and Challengers, and Trackhawk Jeeps are among the stolen vehicles. This comment from the article might help shine a light on how they're doing it.
It's not just auto plants, this kind of thing has been reported at a lot of industrial locations over the last year or two. Largely its due to the companies using the pandemic as an excuse to sack their highest paid security personnel and replace them with people who will work for barely above minimum wage but aren't even qualified to lock their own front doors, let alone properly guard a large multi-million dollar production facility.

The main difference here is that the product is just sitting out in the open instead of being locked in shipping containers or warehouses that are harder to get into, so the rate of successful theft is an order of magnitude higher.

Good thing this news is coming out. Chrysler about to fire all their security guards lmao. Wow.

Not surprisingly, the Russian invasion of Ukraine has had an impact on manufacturers in Russia. Stellantis has a plant in Kaluga, Russia building vans. The demand for vans has increased from an explosive growth in home deliveries due to the pandemic. While Stellantis is not moving out of Russia entirely, they are moving all the exporting they were doing from Russia to plants in England and France. Peugeot, Opel and Citroën vans are built there. The plant is a cooperative venture between Stellantis and Mitsubishi who build the Outlander and Pajero there.

Latest Posts

Back