Stick it where?

• Thread starter JacktheHat
  • 8 comments
I'm currently using an ironing board to attach my DFP to whilst in use, although it works fairly well there are a few issues that I have with this setup.
The main bones of contention are that: a) it's too wide and annoys the wife (when playing I am sitting next to her on the sofa), and b) the legs (of the ironing board) can be a pain in the ane as they form a triangle above the pedals which can hinder braking/accelerating.

What I would like to know is if there are any easily available, and relatively cheap, tables for sale in the UK that I could use instead.
Having checked the new Argos (oh, what a joyful place to shop!) catalogue I noticed a kind of portable picnic table that looked the ideal size but I have doubts about it's sturdiness.

Has anybody got any experience of using something similar?

What do other 'sofa/armchair' drivers attach their DFP to?

Please bare in mind that I don't have room (or the bank account) to buy/construct a cockpit...

All help appreciated :cheers:

My set up creates a perfect driving position.

I used a childrens IKEA wooden table to attach the wheel to, (we already had this, but they are cheap at around £10)
and a big leather bean bag to sit on (colour co-ordinated with the room to impress the Mrs, and it's also useful for sitting on when you have friends round - dual purpose!! I think it cost about £20)

The most important factor is the height of the table in relation to the size of the bean bag.
As long as you have enough beans in it the bean bag will mould to fit you perfectly, it's like sitting in a Recaro!
You can adjust how many beans you are sitting on to raise or lower your position.
It's easy to move back and forward for different height drivers.
The table should be short enough to give a good view and driving position, (you could always chop the legs by an inch if you need to!) and the pedals are fine to reach, as your legs can go under the table at the perfect angle 👍

Even my wife doesn't mind having a drive on GT4 now, as she finds it fun. She never got used to the DS2 controller.

Back