Stock A-Spec Seasonal #2 - (450PP, 550PP NR, 700PP R - 6/25 to 7/09)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 14 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal A-Spec Races that focuses on winning gold in the stock versions of the cars. The A-Spec seasonal appears to be very open ended allowing people to choose a wide variety of cars. This format should often allow players to use their favourite cars. One of the challenges, however, will be finding the cars that come with the right tires.

Warning: Some of these challenges might be extreme and should be approached with caution!

This thread is for people to post the cars they used to win gold which used the following limitations:

1) Car must be stock: no upgrades to cars are permitted (this includes upgrades that do not increase PP such as transmissions).
2) Fresh oil changes in order to temporarily increase HP and PP are not permitted. If you have done an oil change recently you should lower your car's power to the non-fresh-oil-change HP level or wait until the HP has returned to the OEM oil level.
3) You must use the original tires that the car came with.
4) No "Car Settings" like Brake Balance can be adjusted.
5) No SRF or ASM is allowed: other Driver Assists are permitted. [SRF is obviously permitted if PD has forced drivers to employ it.]

Stock A-Spec Seasonals #2:

Beginner Non-Race Car Challenge: Autumn Ring Mini - 450 PP - SH
Intermediate Non-Race Car Challenge: Apricot Hill - 550 PP - SM
Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Spa-Francorchamps - 700 PP - RH

This week's Expert Level challenge is quite easy in terms of car selection since the event is limited to RH (PD could have put RS on the AI...:scared:)

With a wheel and an automatic transmission:
Beginner - Corvette Coup (C2) '63 - CS - Rabbit was the TVR V8S '91
Intermediate - Shelby Cobra 427 '66 - SH - Rabbit was the Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Expert - 2011 Monster Sport SX4 Pikes Peak Special - RH - Rabbit was the Toyota Minolta

The Rabbits were definitely close on my rear; especially in the Expert Challenge, where the Minolta really tries to take you out, but he got a penalty for ramming. :rolleyes: Be careful of the cars coming back onto the track once they go off...sheesh.

Just recently got a DFGT and have started the process of learning how to cope with 900 degrees of rotation, FFB, and pedals. :D

You'll have fun and it shouldn't be too hard. I went from a DS3 to the DFGT in order to gold two of the X1 challenges in GT5. After many, many weeks of nothing but the X1 on the DS3, it only took me a few days to gold them with the DFGT. The arm memory for specific turns is much more precise than thumb memory. The wheel's precision will make you faster in most cases: though that was with an automatic transmission and I'm not sure what the DS3 is like on GT6 (besides drift trials, since drifting with a wheel is impossible for me).

Beginner Non-Race Car Challenge: Autumn Ring Mini - 450 PP - SH = Toyota FT-86 Concept '09 @ 433pp [SH]

Intermediate Non-Race Car Challenge: Apricot Hill - 550 PP - SM = Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 @ 535pp [SH]

You'll have fun and it shouldn't be too hard. The arm memory for specific turns is much more precise than thumb memory. The wheel's precision will make you faster in most cases.

Well I'm getting the hang of it, slowly. I have only had the wheel since Sunday and running these A-Spec seasonal events in many of the eligible 'stock' cars is just what I need to help me improve. ;)

Beginner Non-Race Car Challenge: Autumn Ring Mini - 450 PP -
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63 cs 338pp
Golf GTI 76 cs 359pp
Toyota 2000GT 67 cs 373pp
Lancia Stratos 15th Anniversary '73 cs 434PP

Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 '52 cs 300pp (2nd)

This one's very leisurely for sure. I started out with a Honda S2000 but that was way too easy. The Abarth was fun. Flat out for nearly the whole lap. I was 12s down so I don't think a win is possible but I might have another go. There must be other cars in the low 300s that could do this.

Edit
Second place in the Abarth by less than a second. Three times in a row. The car handles beautifully on CS tyres but has no acceleration to speak of. If you lose momentum avoiding the AI you're doomed.

Last edited:
Beginner Non-Race Car Challenge: Autumn Ring Mini - 450 PP - SH - Civic SiR-ll eg '95 CS 383 PP, Civic 1500 3door 25i '83 349pp CS

Intermediate Non-Race Car Challenge: Apricot Hill - 550 PP - SM Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 486PP, Impreza Sedan WRX STi spec C type ll '04 SH, 470 pp

Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Spa-Francorchamps - 700 PP - RH Sauber Merc C '89 691 PP, R10 TDI '06 655 PP

Last edited:
Beginner:
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro '07 - CS - 433PP
Lexus SC 300 '97 - CS - 430PP (I don't know why I have this car)
Volvo C30 R-Design '09 - CS - 415PP
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo '00 - CS - 423PP (So much fun!)
Lexus SC 430 (EU) '01 - CS - 428PP
Chrysler Crossfire '04 - CS - 417PP (Really fast - so easy to drive - went to 7 laps)
Pontiac Solstice Coupe Concept '02 - CS - 433PP
Toyota Supra SZ-R '97 - CS - 411PP (Pretty easy really)
Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97 - CS - 404PP
Hyundai HCD-6 '01 - CS - 419PP
Vauxhall VX220 '00 - CS - 403PP (A lot of fun, too!)
Toyota FT-86II Concept '11 - SH - 406PP (Overkill a little, lol)
Lancia Stratos 15th Anniversary '73 - CS - 434PP (Wow, most fun I've had in a while)
Ford RS200 '84 - SH - 432PP

At least in the beginner race the AI doesn't drive like 10yr olds are behind the wheel, so I enjoy repeating this one.

Intermediate:
Ferrari SP1 '08 - SH - 540PP
Ferrari F430 '06 - SH - 540
Ferrari California '08 - SH - 522PP
Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line - SH - 536PP

Will edit this post as I go along.

Last edited:
After about 10 more attempts in the Abarth Biposto, always coming second by less than a second, I gave up and switched to the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63 (338pp, cs) but, despite lapping a second or two quicker, still repeatedly came in second by less than a second. There's always a rabbit that speeds up on the last last lap to thwart me. I'm starting to think the Golf GTI is the lowest PP that can than do this on CS, for me anyway.

Intermediate Non-Race Car Challenge: Apricot Hill - 550 PP - SM - Tesla Roadster 463pp (SH)
Love this car. It punches way above its PP and is a joy to drive.
Also tried the Lancia Stratos 15th Anniversary '73 on CS - Rather optimistic. I must have a go at the beginner one in it though.

Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Spa-Francorchamps - 700 PP - RH - 2J 663PP
Despite an incredibly scrappy drive won easily at the first attempt. Not much of a challenge but I don't have many race cars in my garage. I need to do some shopping.
Also tried the Pikes Peak Quattro 73 but it didn't have the pace on the straights.

@StirlingMoose , Try the Giulia with NSX '01 (yellow) as rabbit.

Top tip 👍. Wasn't too hard with that grid. I'm going to have one more go in the Abarth.
I tried and failed in the Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66. Like the Giulia it's 338pp but less powerful and heavier.
Also did it in the Anniversary Stratos. Quite a contrast after driving cars with little power and very forgiving handling to drive one with oodles of power and utterly treacherous handling. The thing I love about this car is the huge sense of achievement it provides every time I get round a corner with it still pointing in the right direction.

Basic at ARMini - RX7 RS-R
Medium at Apricot Hills - Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Expert at Spa-Francorchamps Mini (I want some full fat Burnenville and Masta Kink action! Horrible modern track.)
Bentley Speed 8

I did try the Spa event with the Gillett - but despite the large PP score it doesn't translate to low lap times.

Can't quote PP scores or Tyres, but each car was stock - but run in.

The Mazda was good honest fun - .
The Aston needed two goes as I was in the lead when I got nerfed out of the race with extreme prejudice by an AI Ferrari. I dug the car out of the sand trap and repeated the event and Aston got the win -

The Spa race was a surprise as the AI dropped the ball almost as much as I did - The Bentley isn't the best fun to drive - low revs and dull engine note... it is a bit loose in high speed stuff, and who doesn't like a bit of countersteering at 150mph in a corner - after a few of these moments every lap I forgot all about the engine.

Hi , it seems like I missed the first 3 A-spec races while away.

For this 2nd set I used:

Beginner: Acura NSX '91 (prize car) CS 433pp/266bhp/1365kg
Intermediate: Toyota FT-1 (previous seasonal prize car) SH 544pp
Expert: Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 RH 667pp/764bhp/900kg

And drift trials:
European : GT By Citroen Road Car (prize car , stock , SH) 7318pts
1989 or earlyer / Brands Hatch Challenger R/T '70 (prize car , stock , SH) 5858pts

N24 IS F CCS-R '11 9:15.519
Sarthe 1 TS030 3:47.794

VW Vision GTI / Madrid 1:19.399

Back