Stock A-Spec Seasonal #3 - (500PP, 550PP, 600PP NRC - 7/10 to 7/23)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 27 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal A-Spec Races that focuses on winning gold in the stock versions of the cars. The A-Spec seasonal appears to be very open ended allowing people to choose a wide variety of cars. This format should often allow players to use their favourite cars. One of the challenges, however, will be finding the cars that come with the right tires.

Warning: Some of these challenges might be extreme and should be approached with caution!

This thread is for people to post the cars they used to win gold which used the following limitations:

1) Car must be stock: no upgrades to cars are permitted (this includes upgrades that do not increase PP such as transmissions).
2) Fresh oil changes in order to temporarily increase HP and PP are not permitted. If you have done an oil change recently you should lower your car's power to the non-fresh-oil-change HP level or wait until the HP has returned to the OEM oil level.
3) You must use the original tires that the car came with.
4) No "Car Settings" like Brake Balance can be adjusted.
5) No SRF or ASM is allowed: other Driver Assists are permitted. [SRF is obviously permitted if PD has forced drivers to employ it.]

Stock A-Spec Seasonals #3:

Beginner Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Silverstone National Circuit - 500 PP - SH
Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Laguna Seca - 550 PP - SM
Expert Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Mount Panorama - 600 PP - SS*

*Competitor cars are sometimes higher than 600 PP cars (using limiters?) and they all use SS tires. This means it will be challenging to win and you might have to hope for them to mess up turns which they sometimes do.

Beginner Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Silverstone National Circuit - 500 PP - SH = Honda NSX-R Concept '01 @ 462pp [SH]

Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Laguna Seca - 550 PP - SM =
Honda NSX-R Concept '01 @ 462pp [SH] ... Took the lead half way around lap 3 due to the two lead rabbits screwing up the corkscrew :dopey: just as I was catching them, and I only just managed to get the win here with a bit of blocking the Gallardo in the final few turns once he'd caught up to me again on lap 5.

I am going to try Silverstone in something a bit slower I think.

Last edited:
Using a wheel and an automatic transmission I was able to achieve the following results:

Beginner - Shelby GT350 '65 - SH - 454 PP - 6:02.971 vs Griffith 500 '94 (6:03.479).
Intermediate - Shelby Cobra 427 '66 - SH - 536 PP - 8:46.415 vs Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (8:48.184).
Expert - Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08 - SH - 580 PP - 11:59.777 vs McLaren F1 '94 (12:05.887) [the McLaren was ahead of me at the final turn, but he went off into the sand all on his own and gave me the win :D].

For the expert race I fought two sets of opponents: the first group had the Pagani Huayra '11 as the rabbit (11:59.598) and the opponent Viper SRT10 ACR '08 was much further down the list. Then I found a group where the top three were the McLaren F1 '94, Enzo Ferrari '02, and SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08. The McLaren and the Enzo would each win alternating races and whichever one was in the lead would speed up significantly when you were close to them and the other would fall behind. The Enzo Farrari won one race with an 11:58.813.

Beginner Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Silverstone National Circuit - Elise Type 72 '01 CS 409 PP, some blocking needed

Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Laguna Seca - 550 PP - SM - Elise 111R '04 440 PP SH , Last 2 laps just blocking.

Expert Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Mount Panorama - 600 PP - Ford GT '06 SH 567PP , Not very much fun, AMG VGT 584 SH , nice drive, the faster you go, the faster they go.

Last edited:
Beginner Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Silverstone National Circuit -
Mazda RS-R RX7 1997

Not sure the specs - It was same as event #2 at ARMini. I like the car as the rear end is unstable if you push too hard through corners - with exit speed sapping oversteer. My race had a TVR Griffith in it, In Dark Green. Lots of critical corners that this car can bleed lap time away if you muck about. But you have to get the corners sorted as you will not pass any of the lead cars on the straights. I had a Camaro repass me on the final lap... oddly 4th and below did a lap less as they just missed the timer cut off.
Nice touch with the "Kimi was here" graffiti on the Armco before the bridge.

Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Laguna Seca - 550 PP -
Toyota FT-1

I didn't realise it at the time, but this was a racing repeat of the special time trial event for this very car. My PS3 backdrop is a picture of this car pulling a mighty 4 wheel drift into the Corkscrew (Almost like I had planned it!)
The car has bags of character - but the guys that did the brakes must have been on day release - snappy brakes that would lock up the wheels, if you just thought about putting the brakes on. So each lap was a learning thing, but the car was night and day faster than the grid, with the added bonus of the cars "I will kill you" handling.
Way too much car - but five laps in this with ABS=0 made the next car feel like the brakes were made from milk bottle tops. (Thin Aluminium foil.)

Expert Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Mount Panorama - 600 PP -
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale

Another unique looking car - a Viper with an Italian Suit. Brakes felt woefully weak after the FT1 and after a trip to the Conrod Beach (I used to like it with no chicane before Murrays (Final corner)) I also managed to rear end a Corvette into XL Bend. (Griffins Bend, Quarry Bend - come on you drongos, settle on a name!)
The Huarya in the lead bolted but its last lap was a bit slow, but I did make a rather nice clean pass in the twisty bit just after the dipper.
Overall quite a nice car. Mild understeer and easy going brakes meant I had to drive much more carefully than my usual chuck it at the corner, I'll sort it out when I arrive.
Again too much car to get a real race, passing can be tricky if you find a car ahead pootling along.

Last edited:
Used a VW RSI for the first two. Set the PP to 500 for both races, won the first by 22 seconds. Left the PP at 500 for the second, and still won by 11 seconds. Haven't done the last one yet. Disappointed with the ease of winning. Would be much better if the seasonals offered a decent car as a reward instead of useless paint. Perhaps making a better reward with the races being more difficult would be an option in the future

Expert Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Mount Panorama - 600 PP -Ferrari FXX '07 SH - 11.49.xxx second McLaren F1 @11.58.xxx third Speed12.

Used a VW RSI for the first two. Set the PP to 500 for both races, won the first by 22 seconds. Left the PP at 500 for the second, and still won by 11 seconds. Haven't done the last one yet. Disappointed with the ease of winning. Would be much better if the seasonals offered a decent car as a reward instead of useless paint. Perhaps making a better reward with the races being more difficult would be an option in the future

That would be why we do not allow tuning of cars in this "stock" thread. :sly:

Expert Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Mount Panorama - 600 PP -Ferrari FXX '07 SH - 11.49.xxx second McLaren F1 @11.58.xxx third Speed12.

Same issue here. The Ferrari FXX '07 comes with 629 PP and so could not have been used stock in this race. Stock means that you purchased a car from the dealership and never made any changes to it. Check the OP for the rules of this specialized thread series.

Ok sorry I thought power limiter was ok because it is mentioned to lower the cars power if oil is changed.
Car needs to be stock with absolutly no changes to fit in this category then?

The Dealership car search function is your friend, use it to search for cars that come as stock up to the allowed PP limit for each event by setting the PP slider to max of event limit and then set the min to however low you wish to go......then you can choose which to buy from that selection, or if you already own one of them from that list and wish to use it, then go select it from your garage, and use Tuning Tab C to strip it of all upgrades and reset everything to default, including tyres, B/B, power limiter, and areo.

👍

Ok sorry I thought power limiter was ok because it is mentioned to lower the cars power if oil is changed.
Car needs to be stock with absolutly no changes to fit in this category then?

Using the limiter to undo an oil change is the only exception because an oil change cannot be undone so easily without driving 300km. But you must remove exactly the 5% oil change HP boost: no more, no less. It is used to restore the pre-oil change HP.

But even then that isn't the way this challenge should be done because an oil change also adds torque and not all of that is removed by the power limiter when reducing 5% back to original HP which means a car with a fresh oil change will always be at an advantage over a truly stock car even with the HP reduction, so it really should be driven off or a new car should be bought.

But even then that isn't the way this challenge should be done because an oil change also adds torque and not all of that is removed by the power limiter when reducing 5% back to original HP which means a car with a fresh oil change will always be at an advantage over a truly stock car even with the HP reduction, so it really should be driven off or a new car should be bought.

Ah. I forgot about the torque. I've done so few oil changes in GT6 that I never had to pay much attention to this. :embarrassed:

Tesla Motors Tesla Roadster '08 (463PP SH)
Jaguar E-TYPE Coupe '61(439PP SH)
- After coming second about 6 times I had visions of this being a repeat of my valiant but ultimately fruitless attempt to do the last one in the Abarth 1500 Biposto, but eventually I found a grid I could beat in the Jag.

Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Laguna Seca -
Tesla Motors Tesla Roadster '08 (463PP SH)
Tell me if I'm getting boring.

I seem to be spending a lot more time on the beginner races than the other two. Maybe I'm a natural beginner but they seem more fun than the intermediate and expert races. The AI don't keep crashing and once you get near the front you get a pretty good race with the lead cars. I might make it my mission to try to find one that can do it on CS tyres. I tried the Lotus Europa Special '72 (404PP CS) but was about 9s off.

I might make it my mission to try to find one that can do it on CS tyres. I tried the Lotus Europa Special '72 (404PP CS) but was about 9s off.

Might I suggest the Premium Mazda RX-8 Type S '07, I have found it to be one of the best handling, easiest to drive and most fun sub 450pp stock cars on CS tyres.

I will be making an attempt with it myself soon as it is definitely one of my favourites to drive stock.

Laguna Seca ILNRCC
Lamborghini Countach 1974
(510pp - 373bhp/37torques/2348lb)

I had a range of Sports tyres for this, but I guess stock will be Sports Hards?

Won the race, 8m52s beating the Gallardo of P.Saari by 0.6seconds.

I then repeated with some "Not even stock" Comfort Softs.
The amusement was the tyre squeal on the straight before I gain manual control. Not a dog to drive, good fun. The Ai were a bit frisky, but no impacts with my car, but several of them overcooked corners. Very enjoyable.

9m04.6s win by 0.1 over the LFA Nurby pack

----
Silvy National BLNRCC
Bought an Old Alpine A110 1600S (Standard model)
Painted it with the Mitsubishi Paintchip from the VGT car (Diamond Red) - Very vivid Toffee apple/Candy Apple shade of red.

The car came with Comfort Softs - and I was expecting a nasty car after reading some of the nonsense on GTPlanet... but it was just as I had hoped it would handle, work it too much and you get the back end to step out - and Comfy Softs don't give too much grip but nice and smooth and the car is happy.

The down side was the car didn't have enough grunt to beat the race timer. Maybe one more lap... But I had two goes and the best I got was 2nd place...
1m12.4(Fastest Lap) - 5m15.8 (Race) 4th place, 5.3 seconds down on the Ruf RGT in first
1m12.3(Fastest Lap) - 5m10.5 (Race) 2nd place , 6.3 seconds down on the Ruf RGT in first

Maybe I could beat the clock and get an extra lap. I'd need to nail the corners, but the car is fun and the long looping corners I don't really think I nail. Copse? Bit of a lift/coast and then on the beans to Maggots.

Might I suggest the Premium Mazda RX-8 Type S '07, I have found it to be one of the best handling, easiest to drive and most fun sub 450pp stock cars on CS tyres.

Good shout, Sir. Wiped the floor with them on the first attempt. But that was a little too easy so, reminded by Ryk about the Alpine, I gave that a go too. I could only manage second in the normal car but I won it in the Anniversary version which admittedly has 50 more PP. What a fun car to drive. I also failed in the Anniversary Lancia Stratos. Keeping that thing pointing the right way for four laps is a real challenge, and the one time I got to the front I beat the clock by one second and couldn't keep the AI at bay for a whole extra lap. I'll probably come back for more but must get round to Bathurst first.

Mazda RX-8 Type S 07 (429PP CS)

Alpine A110 1600S 15th Anniversary Edition '72 (472PP CS)

Finished the Beginners race with my Impreza Nurburgring replica. It was pretty close with the M3 GTR catching up.

Good shout, Sir. Wiped the floor with them on the first attempt. But that was a little too easy

Yep, just now done it myself and it was easy enough, and very much fun just driving that car stock. :D

Beginner Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Silverstone National Circuit - 500 PP - SH = Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 @ 429pp [CS]

Gave it go it at Laguna Seca too, but it wasn't happening, had to upgrade tyres and add some power for a win. :indiff:

Hopefully I don't have to provide toxicology and DNA results to post here, lol.

Expert Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Mount Panorama - I used an Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line, I had a really fun race with the Huayra, MP4 and Aventador for three laps. These no tuning, no aid races are fun, the R8 is an adventure on SH's, but I really enjoyed it.

It wouldn't be a proper seasonal without me setting myself an impossible challenge and this week's wild goose chase is in the Miura P400 Bertone (512PP SH). Managed third place a couple of times and I reckon it might be possible with a perfect drive and a lot of luck. Switched to the Italia for an easy win.

Expert Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Mount Panorama - 600 PP -
Ferrari 458 Italia 09 (559PP SH)

I used :

Beginner - Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. SCP '99 Sports Hard tyres 466pp/311bhp/1360kg (prize car)
Intermediate - Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept '13 Sports Hard tyres 526pp/453bhp/1500kg (previous seasonal TT prize car)
Expert Enzo Ferrari '02 Sports Hard tyres 584pp/658bhp/1255kg (prize car)

I've been thinking of buying that Miura, I've yet to pull the pin on a 20mil purchase but I have the money... Is it the best 20mil purchase do you think?

I've been thinking of buying that Miura, I've yet to pull the pin on a 20mil purchase but I have the money... Is it the best 20mil purchase do you think?
Very useful car , and fun to drive. I think it is a must have, probably wont be good enough to compete against the ktm and gsx on TT's but I love it.

I think the Miura is only 15M so a bit of a bargain. If I had 20M burning a hole in my pocket it would be a choice between the Miura and the Ferrari 330 P4. Both are hugely entertaining to drive but there are probably more opportunities to use the Miura.

Back