Stock A-Spec Seasonal #4 - (500PP, 600PP NRC, 700PP RC - 7/23 to 8/06)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 5 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal A-Spec Races that focuses on winning gold in the stock versions of the cars. The A-Spec seasonal appears to be very open ended allowing people to choose a wide variety of cars. This format should often allow players to use their favourite cars. One of the challenges, however, will be finding the cars that come with the right tires.

Warning: Some of these challenges might be extreme and should be approached with caution!

This thread is for people to post the cars they used to win gold which used the following limitations:

1) Car must be stock: no upgrades to cars are permitted (this includes upgrades that do not increase PP such as transmissions).
2) Fresh oil changes in order to temporarily increase HP and PP are not permitted. If you have done an oil change recently you should lower your car's power to the non-fresh-oil-change HP level or wait until the HP has returned to the OEM oil level.
3) You must use the original tires that the car came with.
4) No "Car Settings" like Brake Balance can be adjusted.
5) No SRF or ASM is allowed: other Driver Assists are permitted. [SRF is obviously permitted if PD has forced drivers to employ it.]

Stock A-Spec Seasonals #4:

Beginner Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Brands Hatch Indy Circuit - 500 PP - SH
Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Nurburgring GP/F - 600 PP - SS
Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 - 700 PP - RH

Using a wheel and an automatic transmission I was able to achieve the following results:

Beginner - Shelby GT350 '65 - SH - 454 PP - 5:09.637 vs Esprit Sport 350 '00 (5:10.543).
Intermediate - Shelby Cobra 427 '66 - SH - 536 PP - 11:45.189 vs Zonda C125 7.3 '02 (11:45.428).
Expert - Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 - RH - 691 PP - 7:33.580 vs Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 (7:37.238) and 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92 (7:38.323) [I had to hope that the two front runners went into the sand and they did. Also tried 2011 Monster Sport Sx4 Pikes Peak Special (7:55.xxx) and TS030 Hybrid '12 (8:06.xxx)].

Beginner and Baby Brands.
Took my usual RS-R RX7 - despite some pretty horrendous driving from me. (Off track at Paddock on Lap 2, and rear ending every single Mercedes on the track I had a very easy win. AI were very sympathetic to my driving. I would guess a really low PP car could shock the world here, mostly as it isn't that fast a track.
Tempted to run the Alpine again here.

Intermediate at the disappointing New Nurburgring.
I hoped it would be the big old track... but no it was the GP track. Took my '74 Lamborghini Countach here. Again I was pretty bad in places. Off track a couple of times and again the AI took pity on me and must have slowed down. I then reeled them in but the AI is prone to shooting off track.
I was badly rear ended at Veedol Chicane (The Ubertight layout - which caught me out on Lap 1 as I was thinking 24 hour layout and the soft flick flak... then I had to drop the Italian Anchor out the back to slow down.

I did get a nice finish with a Pagani Huarya I lead through Hatzenbach boden (Fast right hand kink) heading up to Veedol and the Pagani was lining up a pass... I took the middle of the track. making sure he was not directly behind me and had enough room to pass on my right... I broke pretty late for the chicane... but not as late as that Pagani... Then again I didn't hit the tyre wall at 100mph like the Pagani... Victory was a formality after that bold but fooling AI passing attempt.
Strange days.

Expert-
I took my Bentley but I was way way off the pace. After the race I spotted it was set to 80% power limiter... so I guess someone has been eating Daddy Bears porridge. With 100% power I was not hooked up - Mistakes earned me several black flag coasting penalties and a good clean pass also got me a ramming penalty - (The Esses I think.)
Need to really get good at the track - Shame there is no 24 hour race for it.

All ABS=0, TCS=0, sticks, Bumper Cam, BSI=0

Will repeat these.

(But it is very hot weather - Scorchio stuff)

Last edited:
So far.....

Subaru S206 NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE '12 @ 471pp [SH]
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. EDITION Special Color Pack @ 466pp [SH]
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 @ 466pp [SH]
Honda NSX Type R '02 @ 468pp [SH]

Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 @ 512pp [SH] ...
Some blocking on the McLaren F1 in the final turn and up to the line was needed.

Last edited:
Well the beginner one seems very beginner this time. The AI are very accommodating, keeping out of the way when I was coming through and not speeding up much at the end. It was straightforward with the three below so I think lower PP is possible, maybe an MX-5. I recommend the Merc though - loads of power for the PP, fun to drive and gorgeous too.

Jaguar E-TYPE Coupe '61(439PP SH)
Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54 (402 CS)
Hyundai Tiburon GT '01 (383PP CS)
Toyota 2000GT '67 (373PP CS)

As nowcontrol beat me to it with the Miura I had to try what is fast becoming my favourite sub-550PP car.

Ferrari 365 GTB4 ’71 (496 PP SH)

Quite easy in the end as the driver of the TVR obligingly went off twice on the last lap.

Edited to add the Toyota - That was fun. Pure fluke though, I came across the AI at all the perfect passing places and just sailed to the front.

Last edited:
Beginner : Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. SCP '99 (walk in a park , prize car)
Intermediate : Enzo Ferrari '02 (pretty easy , but had to try 3 times for gold , on 2nd try AI dived inside and pushed me wide on last corner!! , prize car)

Expert: 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92 with winning time of 7:37.109
vs line up of: C60 Hybride , R92CP , 905B Evo 1 Bis LM , XJR-9 , Courage C60 ...

I tried with Toyota GT-One and Bentley Speed 8 a dozen times and the first time I try thisi Peugeot 905B the AI decides to drive off track and donate me the victory. Rubber band..

Back