Stock A-Spec Seasonal #54 - (Compact, 500PP, Ferrari - 6/01 to 6/29)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 12 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal time trials that focuses on completing the challenges (i.e. beating the gold target times) with stock versions of the cars. This means that instead of maximizing your PP with upgrades and focusing on getting the fastest laps on the in-game leaderboard, you are attempting to complete the challenges with the bare minimum amount of 'car' and money-spent as is possible.

With the new more open ended format means that part of the challenge will be finding a stock car that has the lowest PP or lowest price depending on your view. It is also difficult to predict which types of tires a car will come with before purchasing.

Warning: Some of these challenges are getting to be extreme and should be approached with caution! :banghead:

In order to participate your car must be stock.

1) A stock car is essentially any car as it is when purchased from the dealership or won as a prize: it will have had no modifications, added parts, or adjustments done that affect how the car performs.
2) No oil changes are permitted: if you have had an oil change you must wait until the effects of the HP boost have been removed by driving over 300 km.
3) You must use the original tire type that came with the car, unless dirt or snow tires are required.
4) No changes to any “Car Settings” are permitted: they must ALL be left at their default values. [Note: cars that come with Fully Customizable Suspension that were purchased or won prior to patch 1.11 must have the suspension settings restored to default in order to be updated with the new stock suspension settings.]
5) No SRF or ASM is permitted: other “Driver Assists” are permitted.

Basically, the ONLY changes you may make to a car include: painting the car and changing a car’s racing number. Any other changes means your car is not stock.

Stock A-Spec Seasonals #54:

Beginner Level Compact Car Challenge: Tsukuba - 400 PP - SH
Intermediate Level Night Track Challenge: Special Stage Route 5 - 500 PP - SM
Expert Level Ferrari Challenge: Ascari - 550 PP - SM

Repeat of Stock A-Spec Seasonal #11

Last edited:
Last time the records were:

400 PP Compact at Tsukuba:
300PP - Suzuki MR Wagon Sport '04 - total time = 7:04.065 - MadMax

500PP at Special Stage Route 5:
413PP - Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 - total time = 8:49.720 - MadMax

550PP Ferrari at Ascari:
481PP - Ferrari 512 BB '76 - total time = 12:21.464 - nowayback

My results so far with a wheel and an automatic transmission:

332PP
- 1:16.707 - 5:31.598 - Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 '07 - CM - FF - 108hp - 1070kg - 206 RC '03 - 5:32.577

440PP
- 2:35.337 - 8:39.011 - Lotus Elise 111R '04 - SH - MR - 194hp - 860 kg - LFA Nurburgring Package '12 - 8:40.078

Fun car to drive here and very easy to win with. I gave the Dino and RS200 a shot but was always left in the dust in the final stretch. I never saw a Buick Special in any line up.

550PP Ferrari at Ascari:
481PP
- 2:22.493 - 12:37.111 - Ferrari 512 BB '76 - SH - MR - 354hp - 1400kg - Enzo Ferrari '02 - 12:40.201

I spent most of my time on the Expert race since I always complete them in reverse order. It took a while before the Enzo wiped out at the right time and place (last lap) so I could drive past him with enough of a lead to maintain first. That guy needs to change his emblem from a stallion to a ram.

Surprised it was 481PP to win the Expert, as I just did it with 413PP in the Dino.

image.jpeg

Enzo didn't wipe out or anything. Something else did early on though. No contact or blocking the entire time. Took me five tries. I swear we've done this before, or maybe I did but not while participating in these, I can't remember. But I looked in the old thread for the event (not these events) and I was talking about doing it in a stock Dino...

Double post apologies…

I'll start here with this one. Third try. Not feeling it right now as I'm feeling the Benadryl and beer effects way more as tomorrow I need to wake up at 0315 for work on my second day there. I feel a bit sluggish.

image.jpeg

Little blockage in the very end. Just one tap from behind.

375PP
- 1:15.5xx - 5:27.869 - Lotus Europa S2 '68 - CS - MR - 79hp - 625kg - 206 RC '03 - 5:28.926

Just 79hp and light as a feather - really fun drive. Too easy though, only took one go.

481PP
- xxx - 8:42.753 - Ferrari 512 BB '76 - SH - MR - 354hp - 1400kg - Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 - 8:43.192

Again fun but too easy.

I tried the 512BB at Ascari but kept getting pipped at the post by the Enzo. I don't hold out much hope of doing it in the Dino. Some crazy antics from the AI. First lap, just after the first mini chicane I spotted a red nose sticking out at the end of the green barrier on the right. I meant to save the replay to find out how the hell he managed to get there but of course five laps later I'd forgotten.

@Hastatus Not that it makes any difference to us here but the expert and intermediate are both SM this time, not SS. I don't know if this applies to the AI also.

@StirlingMoose : Thanks for pointing out the tire changes. Yeah the AI at Ascari are odd. One time there were three cars close together after the chicane and one of them clipped the barrier on the right and came to an immediate dead stop right in front of me. That took me by surprise.

303PP
- 1:19.307 - 5:38.706 - Audi A2 1.4 '02 - CM - FF - 72hp - 920kg - Toyota Corolla RUNX... - 5:39.435 (Wheel, MT, TC0, ABS1)

Surprisingly easy after going through the PP list starting way too high and then going down way too slow ;), drove at least ten cars before reaching the Audi - don't think lower PP is possible for me!

@Hastatus :cheers: - fyi, this Seasonal is a lap shorter than last time which makes it slightly more difficult i think.

Last edited:
Nothing insane, Nothing ridiculous, Just "Drive"

323PP
- 1:17.331 - 5:34.115 - Mitsubishi COLT 1.5 Sport X Version '02 - CM - FF - 97hp - 1030kg - 206 RC '03 - 5:34.619

492PP
- 1:36.667 - 8:40.930 - Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance '12 - SH - RR - 422hp - 2018 kg - 430 Scuderia '07 - 8:41.025

Saw a lot of these on street made me want to drive it.

I don't hold out much hope of doing it in the Dino.
You might surprise yourself, and you know that the Dino is great.

I've seen various cars hit the barrier, even the Enzo. I got ahead and he hunted me down like a madman and fly by me like I was standing still. I've seen cars miss corners entirely, too. They probably fear the Dino.

You might surprise yourself, and you know that the Dino is great.

I had a quick go but couldn't quite catch the Enzo. The Dino is almost perfect as far as I'm concerned. The only thing that lets it down is the long fifth gear and you don't really need it here. I'll give it another go at some point. There's plenty of time and I want to try the new QMs.

I gave the Dino a try on several races but there were always other cars in my way and the Enzo was always still way ahead of me. Best lap time 2:26.689 and total time 12:57.159. Still a lot more fun than this week's TTs. :)

Latest Posts

Back