stock cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter ruf_ctr2
  • 7 comments
  • 886 views
Messages
87
So when you buy a car stock does it drive like the real car or are some of the settings off and can be made to behave as the real car? I wonder this because I am not a great tuner and but can correct major over/understeer issues and was wondering if that is taking away from the experience of certain cars. On the other hand some expensive premiums seems to handle pretty bad!
 
Well I haven't really seen it answered satisfactorily. I know some things may be accurate but are the camber settings and everything? Many of the gears seem to be inaccurate as well.
 
tbh its a game, so it'll never be the SAME as driving in real life, however the slower cars handle more or less like real life.
 
Last edited:
I realize that it will not be the same as real life and that is good to hear about the slower cars, but perhaps that is because in much faster cars the different settings could be exacerbated by the higher speed. I wonder because the camber and toe settings seem to be universal for all cars, but perhaps that is the case (in road cars). Also the gears could be pretty easy to adjust to the correct value, but it could be that on the road people don't push their cars in the way you do racing them. I am not an expert but those are just my guesses, was wondering if someone knew for sure.
 
I haven't driven my mx-5 to the limit so I wouldn't know, but I do know from my karting experience that karts in GT5 are real to hell. high speed cornering and it "hops" outwards while shakes a bit, exactly as in real karting. GT5 is famous for recreating car characteristics
 
Back