Stock cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter A7X
  • 20 comments
  • 982 views

A7X

Premium
Messages
204
Alrite, some may find me weird but i seem to love driving stock cars - not neccessarilly <sp? the fast ones - around the tighter more challenging tracks in GT4. These include tracks like citi di aria and costa di amalfi, but not forgetting the Nurb, i was wondering what kind of STOCK cars you enjoy driving and the tracks you enjoy driving them on. I was also thinking of setting up a little comparison between some of the stock cars, like lap time's, 0-100, 1/4 mile etc but in different groups, like luxury cruisers etc as i have a lot of free time on my hands. I was just wondering your thoughts on this and wether it would be worth doing? also sets of cars to compare together?

Anyway i would like to hear what you think, wether it be about my comparison or about your favorite combinations.

Just too start thing's off, one of my favorite combination's is the Audi RS6 around citi di aria, you can feel the cars power but yet it doesnt seem to flaunt it.

A7X
 
The last i can remember is the clio sport V6 phase 2. I love it.
I also like to drive the 120d, 330i, golf gti (new model), honda accord (new model), Nissan PAO (very good car), audi a3.
The courses: City courses, grand valley, trial mountain, nurb'ring...
 
One of my favorite stock cars has been the Ginetta G4: The thing's unbelievably light, so it has almost perfectly unadulterated handling. It's an absolute gem through the twisties.

The BMW M3 CSL is also a gem – lovely lag-free power and an almost flawless chassis that manages to make almost anyone look like a racing genius. And it doesn't exhibit any of the "fatness" apparent in most cars in its class.
 
I find driving the stock cars, I mean completely stock, can provide some of the most fun in the game.
 
Except for changing the oil and stripping the drivers' aids. ;)
 
Ofcourse, the driving aids HAVE to go exept on the Speed 12, I use a low TCS setting on that to help launch.
 
yeh i agree the driving aids ruin the fun with the stock cars and most race cars, (although a dab of TCS never hurt anyone in those high powered racers), i havent really driven my G4, its been rusting away in my garage but maybe il dust it off and take it for a spin.

A7X
 
It's fantastic for A-Spec points, it'll get you loads in races you can win easy. I like to take it to challenging races and get 200 points for beating cars with almost if not over 300Bhp more in some cases.
 
I drive every car stock, except the Opel Speedster of course...
 
I often love testing the 4 door sedans <-- definantly my favorite class of car. Accord Euro type R '03, and the Vectra makes some pretty close competition.

I also attempted doing the cars up and adding mods so they were identical in specs, this was the Accord and the mazda6. Both had same HP and same weight. I took them to Tsukuba and i managed to clock a time with 0.00.03 of each other. It was quite interesting how, in the replay, the cars had majorly different driving lines, but where still so evenly matched.

More tests would have to be done, but so far ive come to he conclusion that the main advantages similar grouped cars have is the HP and Weight differences. Becaus the handling seems so similar.

~Sp33~.
 
I ike supra rz stock. it feels good to drive plus it has very good handaling stock. and the sound its not bad. but its a good car.
 
My entire rankings board at the 'Ring are stock cars on road tires. All of that testing allowed me to learn the track pretty well, and the feedback from the noisy tires helped improve my control of the cars.
 
Sage
One of my favorite stock cars has been the Ginetta G4: The thing's unbelievably light, so it has almost perfectly unadulterated handling. It's an absolute gem through the twisties.

The BMW M3 CSL is also a gem – lovely lag-free power and an almost flawless chassis that manages to make almost anyone look like a racing genius. And it doesn't exhibit any of the "fatness" apparent in most cars in its class.

Dude, I love these two cars as well - put me down for both of those. :)

Driving stock cars is oodles of fun, and I take every car for a lap around the 'ring just after I acquire it. It's a good way to compare it to others, and to get an intial feeling for it.
A little bit of tuning can be a good thing though - if there's something I don't like, such as it understeers a bit, then some minor suspension changes, and the understeer's all but gone. Still basically a stock car, now it drives more to my liking... :)
 
Honda DualNote pretty much anywhere
Toyota 7 at any of the Fuji courses
Audi Nuvolari at El Capitan
Lotus Elan S1 at any of the Spider and Roadster race but specially at Infineon.
 
Um, Toyota 7 != Stock car. ;)
 
I never drive anything that isn't stock unless

Trying to beat way higher classed cars(road cars vs LMP's)

Thats about it. The M3 CSL is my favorite road car in the game. The Z06 is number 2.

A few stock race cars that kick ass-Takata NSX, R92CP, 787B, A4 touring car
 
Best is RX7 with Cote di amalfi.
btw, Cote di amalfi is challenging?
 
I like driving the 06' Volkswagen GTI and 06' Mitsubishi Eclipse because I personally get a kick out of driving a stock car to its limits. The VW feels so balanced once you get it in the twisties (for stock), and the Eclipse has enough body roll so that I can slide it around corners (the only mod I made to it was adding the "i Concept" wheels).

I'd also like to add that I enjoy any of the Mercedes convertibles, especially the last one listed in the new car showroom. That thing rides smooth when hitting bumps on La Sarthe II. And of course I have to mention the two in my signature ;)
 
~Sp33~
I often love testing the 4 door sedans <-- definantly my favorite class of car. Accord Euro type R '03, and the Vectra makes some pretty close competition.

~Sp33~.

not accord euro type-R but Accord Euro-R I don't think honda ever made Euro Type R

and My Stock cars are Civic Type R (ek9), Integra Type R (DC2, DC5), S2000, RX7 (FD,FC), M3 CSL, NSX-R (Monster). and the tracks are Nurb, Costa, El capitan, Trial Mountain 👍
 
Back