Stock Denso Sard Supra@TokyoR246& Cote D'Azur

• Thread starter Mac_GT3
  • 3 comments
:cool: Hi all, this is my first writeup!!
Pal version of the game, 1st time through it . . . only got Formula GT to do . . . using DS2 controller . . .

After reading UB57's Tokyo writeup with the Stock Calsonic, I decided to use the virgin Denso Sard Supra I had won earlier in the game. Took it through 12 laps to warm it up, changed oil and bought T2 tyres. Also bought stage 1 turbo, but did not fit it.

Not too sure about fiddling with settings too much, so just lowered the ride height (55/55), boosted the Stabilisers (6/6) and set the Auto transmission to 28.

Qualified 3rd on the grid behind another Denso Sard and the Raybrig NSX. Got inside the Raybrig on the first bend, and inside the Denso on the 2nd bend, and for the 1st lap Iwas fighting them off all the way. Managed to stay in the lead, then put some clean laps in and managed to extend a lead. Thanks to UB57's writeup, I knew the pit strategies of all the cars in the race, so I pitted every 20 laps. It's a kind of a pity there are usually only 2 cars which you are competing with. The others (Loctite, Pennzoil, Arta) don't seem to be competitive at all . . .

Had a slight problem with revs dropping at odd times in the race . . .has anyone else had this problem? Sometimes halfway through bends, or even on straights, it seemed as if the engine died. I don't know whether my controller x button is on the way out, or whether it could have been a bad connection to the PS2. I probably lost about 4 or 5 seconds to this problem, so after the race I checked the connection to the PS2 . . . it seemed ok but it may have been that. Anyroadup . . .

Pit schedule:
Me: 20,41,52,72,82
Raybrig NSX: every 7 laps
Denso Sard Supra: every 15 laps
Arta NSX: every 16 laps
Pennzoil Nismo: every 25 laps
Loctite Zexel: 31, 62, and 93

Results:
Denso Sard Supra: + 1'13.767
Pennzoil Nismo: + 1 lap
Arta NSX + 1 lap
Loctite Zexel: + 1 lap
Raybrig NSX: + 2 laps

Best lap: 1’36.030
Total Time: 2:46'5.524

I have to agree with the guys who say the closer the race the better it is . . . I had tested the Tommy Kaira ZZ in this race and realised I would win it far too easily. It's much better to use a similar car to the ones you are competing against . . .

On to Cote d'Azur:

So having said all that, you reckon I would jump into the GTOne Race Car or the Nissan R390 for this, but nonononono, I stayed in the Denso just to see how it would fare against them. I know the R390 and the GTOne are miles faster, but it is a tighter track, ands again from other writeups, I knew I could probably pit less than them. I changed the oil, and left the settings the same (probably should have changed the Auto transmission but forgot!)

Qualified 3rd on grid (seems to be a bit of a habit . . .) to the R390 and the GTone. Knowing the GTOne would pit every 7 laps and the R390 every 13 approximately, I decided to go for a 2stop strategy (26 and 52). Jeez!! just as well I did!!

Got past the GTOne on the 1st corner, only to get thumped by him on the 4th corner. On turn 7 (I think it's Turn 7, the sharpest turn on the track), I got shunted onto the rumble strip and got stuck!! Got off after a couple of seconds, by the time I got off the R390 and the GTOne were gone!!. I then ran some nice clean laps and almost kept pace with the front two, started to gain once their tyres started to go off, and finally took 2nd place after the GTOne went in for tyres. Got the lead after the R390 pitted, and never looked back . . . Almost lapped the GTOne on the penultimate lap, but he was just too fast.

Pit schedule:
Me: lap 26 and 53
R390 GT1 LM car: every 13 laps
GT One Race Car: every 7 laps
Altezza LM race Car: lap 28 and 56
Esperante GTR-1: lap 28 and 56
XJ220: lap 33 and 66

Results:
R390 + 1'09.458
GT One Race Car + 1'31.893
Altezza LM race Car: + 4 laps
Esperante GTR-1: + 5 laps
XJ220: + 5 laps

Best lap: 1’34.951
Total Time: 2:07’24.295

Final thoughts:
The write ups and tips on GTplanet made this a lot easier to plan out . . . thanks guys!!
Plus I think I might try out these races in a variety of cars. Wonder if anyone has used the Esperante or the XJ220????

A hearty welcome to GTP and the writeups board, Mac_GT3! I'm glad that our infor here helped you out, and I'm sure your writeups on these two enduros are going to help me. Excellent job on both the driving and the documentation!

Please post records of your future races as well. I like reading a good narrative of events.

WELCOME to Mac_GT3,
:D Always great to have another "Kindred Spirit" on board!!! Great Write-Ups as well. Have been busy w/2 OLR Leagues & miss my "Enduro-a-day", but your notes have inspired me to renew my quest...UB57
:D

Back