?? Stock Elise 190 @ Trial Mtn ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Old Geezer
  • 21 comments
  • 763 views

Can a STOCK Elise 190 win @ Trial Mtn

  • Yes

    Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    3
Messages
2,354
United States
Bastrop, TX
:D Can a STOCK Elise 190 w/only Tires & an Oil Change win the Trial Mountain 2Hr????:D
 
Thats the normal car enduro right? If so I did that one with a Viper. Smoked the competition.
 
Some useful thoughts on this...

I've heard of it being done with a toyota MR-2, and Tommy Kaira ZZS. It may be able to win the series, but I'm not sure if you could manage 10 first place wins.

I'd be interested to hear what comes up.

AO
 
:D To "viper_maniac" yes ,that's the one, competition is usually NSX, WRX, RX7, Evo ??, etc. A "No Sweat" race w/Viper Concept or Nismo 400 but want to try it w/something "Underpowered!!"

To "Der Alta", no series, just the 2Hour Enduro. Thanx...UB57:D
 
Originally posted by UB57
:D To "viper_maniac" yes ,that's the one, competition is usually NSX, WRX, RX7, Evo ??, etc. A "No Sweat" race w/Viper Concept or Nismo 400 but want to try it w/something "Underpowered!!"

Ah I understand. I still havent changed anything about that Viper GTS I used in that race. The only things I've done to it since I got it was a oil change and tires which I did that before the enduro. ;)
 
I did it with an NSX S-Zero with T5 tires, pitting in the same lap as the other S-Zero, it wasn't really competitive since I almost lapped him. The Elise might be a good one for a competitive race.
 
Ahhh...My mistake. If I recall, you need to be in the 1'38-1'39 range to win this one. The Elise being so light would probably make for 2 pit stops so you may be able to use that as an advantage.

I had missed that point that you were talking about the Enduro, and not the PD series.

I'd still be interested to hear how it comes out.

AO
 
:D To "viper_maniac" : Oh, you used the GTS??? I used the Concept Car "Maxxed-Out" for a lot of my wins using "Road Cars Only" my second time thru. Had won another stock one so tried it earlier today @ Trial Mtn. Got thru 80+ Laps in 2hrs, do you recall how you did??? If you haven't tried it the Concept is lots of fun, even stock.:D

:D To "DrifterBR", yeh thought about using a NSX, might try that after the Elise. Der Alta thinks it can be done in one of the Evos, will probably try one of those as well. Thanx for the input..UB57:D
 
Originally posted by UB57
:D To "viper_maniac" : Oh, you used the GTS??? I used the Concept Car "Maxxed-Out" for a lot of my wins using "Road Cars Only" my second time thru. Had won another stock one so tried it earlier today @ Trial Mtn. Got thru 80+ Laps in 2hrs, do you recall how you did??? If you haven't tried it the Concept is lots of fun, even stock.:D

Yeah I used the GTS. It was a breeze for me. I finished 1st ahead of 2nd by about 5-9laps. I dont drive the concept too much. Maybe I should. ;)
 
Originally posted by viper_maniac
I dont drive the concept too much. Maybe I should. ;)

Well I went and did a run on Seca. I beat my old record of 1'23.706 with 1'22.979. Not bad for being stock with an oil change. ;)
 
Tried racing some laps with the Elise 190(using T5's) at the endurance. I think it'll give you a competitive race against the NSX if you pit in the same lap as him. The evo is a good one too, but if you are a good evo driver you will win too easily. :p
 
:D Hi DrifterBR,
Thanx for the Hint. I remember the NSX pitting on a 5 lap schedule, never occured to me to try the same tires. I planned to try to "outlast" him w/T2s. :D
 
That a good way to win too, especially that T2's lasts very long in the Elise. :D
 
:D Did it, Won it, but due to the underwhelming number of votes in the Poll, don't know if a "Write-Up" is warranted. Thanx to "DrifterBR" by the way for suggesting a different tire strategy, it worked & was fun!!!...UB57
:D
 
Writeups are always warranted! I'm always looking for good descriptions of what other people have done so I can plan and compare accordingly. Congrats on yet another victory, and may I say I'm jealous of your free time!
 
:D THANX Duke,
Will get right on it, not as good a race as I'd hoped but.....UB57
:D
 
do one now!!!
(unless u already have :p)
 
:D Hi "Ving",
Check the write-ups Forum, it's there...UB57:D
 
:D Hey HKS_KiD,
Not being "Forum Literate" I'm guessing "LMAO" means "Laffed My A$$ Off". If so I'll take it as a compliment...UB57
:D
 
Originally posted by Der Alta
Ahhh...My mistake. If I recall, you need to be in the 1'38-1'39 range to win this one. The Elise being so light would probably make for 2 pit stops so you may be able to use that as an advantage.

I had missed that point that you were talking about the Enduro, and not the PD series.

I'd still be interested to hear how it comes out.

AO

I did it with 2 pit stops with a Corvette. I would like to try it with 1 stop with the Elise.
 
Back