• 7 comments

Denilson

::::: PURE :::::
Premium
Sweden
Stockholm
chorda / GTP_chorda
Long story short:
Someone deleted my GT6 game that I bought and downloaded from PS Store.
When downloading it again from the PS Store I've ran in to some problems with not enough memory..

To delete loads of old crap on my console, I've formatted the console by going to: [Settings] -> [System settings] -> [Formateringsverktyg] (I guess it translates to something like "Formating tool" or similar) -> Then I get the option of formating my stock memory.

Now to the question.
When I'm downloading my GT6 game from PS Store, it downloades just fine.
It's 15 GB, and my PS3 is a 32 GB version from 2007 IIRC.

When going to: [Settings] -> [System settings] -> [System information], I get this info:
"Free space: 16 GB / 37 GB".

So 16 GB of free space.
Yet, when I try to start my GT6 game it want to upgrade to the 1.15 version of the game before starting up.
But when I start the 1.15 download, it instantly stop and tell me I'm ~500 MB short on memory on my stock memory.

I have no idea how to get around this.
Can I just upgrade my hard drive to let's say a 500 GB one and everything will be ok, or am I missing something about hard drive memory (at the moment 16 GB of free space), and stock memory (need ~500 MG more to be able to download game update 1.15) beeing two different things?

Sorryvfor poor English, but hopefully someone understand my problem and can help me out. :bowdown:

You can put in a new 500 GB (or bigger if you want) hard drive, but you need to reinstall the system software. GT6's save data might also be locked to your old local user, so you might not be able to transfer it to the new HDD without doing a system backup of the old HDD for so to restore it to the new one, or alternatively you can use the Playstation Plus online storage to back them up.

To reinstall the system software, you need an USB drive, where you put a file you can find on Sony's website.

Thanks guys!

So buying additional hard drive memory will help me get rid of the issue where the PS3 tells me I'm 500 MB short on stock memory?

I'd figure it was two different type of memories since I got 16 GB of space on my hard drive currently, and still the PS3 tells me I'm short on memory when trying to update to game version 1.15..

Thanks guys!

So buying additional hard drive memory will help me get rid of the issue where the PS3 tells me I'm 500 MB short on stock memory?

I'd figure it was two different type of memories since I got 16 GB of space on my hard drive currently, and still the PS3 tells me I'm short on memory when trying to update to game version 1.15..
GT6 does report weird figures regarding disk space. Try exporting a GT photo and you'll see.

Will my PS Store account still work as currently if I swap the hard drive or do I need to do anything before changing the disk?

After changing the hard drive I was able to log in to my existing account, so no worries. I even found a SATA disk, 5400 rpm 2,5 inch 9,5 mm thick at 1 TB. Should'nt run in to issues related to memory in a while I hope. ;)

Though, I had to plug in my USB to my PC to download the (currently 4.66) update information for the PS3 on my USB or else the console could'nt find the relevant content on the USB to start the formating. My advice is to Google this prior to any change of hard drive in a PS3.

Thank you for the support, and I hope someone else find this useful.

Back