Stock Only?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AngloAmerican
  • 11 comments
  • 828 views
Messages
453
United States
Douglasville, GA
Messages
angloamerican73
Hey Guys n Gals

Just been wondering if anyone on here has always used stock cars, and not upgraded anything?. Is it even possible to do that from the very beginning?.

Im one who has got to Level 30 A Spec, and now has started to regret altering cars weight and parts due to the cars feeling very different (and in a bad way most the time).

Im thinking i may just restart or something. This time keep as many cars as stock as possible/allowed.

I dunno if there is any other way as i cant just buy all the cars again as some are prizes that you cannot win again i think?.

AA
 
Well you can remove certain upgrades from your already upgraded cars but now all of them of course and yes you could buy all the cars again if you wanted to and leave them stock but it would be hard to progress through some of the races in A/B Spec. If by prizes you mean cars and tickets for completeting a cetain catagory for races such as Expert, no you cannot win the cars and tickets again after you have already won them.
 
Well you can remove certain upgrades from your already upgraded cars but now all of them of course and yes you could buy all the cars again if you wanted to and leave them stock but it would be hard to progress through some of the races in A/B Spec. If by prizes you mean cars and tickets for completeting a cetain catagory for races such as Expert, no you cannot win the cars and tickets again after you have already won them.

Yes ive been doing that. I have been going through my garage and have been removing the parts ive purchased on all cars, and returning them to stock parts/settings. Its very very tedious indeed. Luckily i dont have that many as of now.

Is there a limit of how many cars can be in the virtual garage?. I really wish there was an option in the auto place that allowed you to (for a hefty price offcourse) return it to stock. Upgrading it for races and then getting it back to stock just to cruise around in. Some cars you just upgrade to win and then never use it again for racing. Maybe thats a viable option for GT6 who knows.

AA
 
Last edited:
I love driving cars stock, have i done that throughout my gaming career mode though? na, but i'm sure its doable, you would need racing cars for some events.
 
Yeah, I think it's possible although you may need to buy more cars.... but you are going to buy them, if you what to platinium the game, anyway.

I'm driving all of my cars stock (around 850 different cars in my garage). I upgrade only the tyres if I need to win a race. I use max SS for road cars, and I always use RH for my race models, nothing else.

This way, you can definitly feel the differences of all the in-game cars... their advantages and their disadvantages, imo.
 
I mainly own stock cars, such as my Al Thani Lamborghini SV. It's much more fun than slapping a stupid wing and hood on it, along with adding 400HP.
 
I don't think I've ever driven a stock car >_> lol.

Although, does the FGT and X2010 count? :P Oh and the kart.
 
Its is doable to leave your cars stock because so far I've been able to do most races with a stock car but with some of the events that I'm at right now I will have to upgrade the car to be competitive. The events that I need to upgrade the cars for is the A-spec Gallardo Trophy and B-spec Roadsters event but everything else I've done the races with stock cars.
 
I restarted my game as I stupidly "upgraded" some of my favourite cars with stupid weight reductions & engine upgrades that can't be removed. Now I only buy parts that can be removed.
 
I've been trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to only upgrade the car to be competitive with the field. If I regret upgrading a car, I just purchase another one or if it's rare I will usually leave it stock and then use a common variety to win the race.

Though do to PS3 failure, I am starting my GT5 from scratch so this round has been... Borrow X2010/whateverthingisfast and win as quickly as possible.
 
I prefer driving a car which feels as close as posible to the real one. I also do not see any sense on having all cars "fully tuned", neither always drive them with racing soft tyres.
 
For offline (A-Spec, Seasonals, time trial practice) I got into using stock cars. Just like you, I started to regret all the non-undoable upgrades that I made.

But then when I started racing online more, I found that I needed those upgrades a lot more; transmission, suspension & drivetrain at least, and then some weight/engine upgrades so you can use the cars you like in more races.

These days I use about 2 or 3 types of tunes:
1. Transmission, drivetrain, suspension ("free" upgrades that don't affect PP)
2. Stage 1 engine, stage 1 weight plus the above
3. Aero, stage 3 engine, stage 3 weight plus the above

Rather than adding even more HP with intake/exhaust, I'll usually just pick a faster car, aside from a few cars I find still handle ok with maximum power.

I wish there was a "pure stock" mode online but since there isn't, driving a stock car really puts you at a disadvantage :(
 
Back