Stock Seasonal Time Trial #15 (550PP 2WD European, 600PP Race Car – 7/03 to 7/30)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 11 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal time trials that focuses on completing the challenges (i.e. beating the gold target times) with stock versions of the cars. This means that instead of maximizing your PP with upgrades and focusing on getting the fastest laps on the in-game leaderboard, you are attempting to complete the challenges with the bare minimum amount of 'car' and money-spent as is possible.

With the new more open ended format means that part of the challenge will be finding a stock car that has the lowest PP or lowest price depending on your view. It is also difficult to predict which types of tires a car will come with before purchasing.

Warning: Some of these challenges are getting to be extreme and should be approached with caution! :banghead:

This thread is for people to post their lap times who have used the following limitations:

1) Car must be stock: no upgrades to cars are permitted (this includes upgrades that do not increase PP such as transmissions).
2) Fresh oil changes in order to temporarily increase HP and PP are not permitted. If you have done an oil change recently you should lower your car's power to the non-fresh-oil-change HP level or wait until the HP has returned to the OEM oil level.
3) You must use the original tires that the car came with.
4) No "Car Settings" like Brake Balance can be adjusted.
5) No SRF or ASM is allowed: other Driver Assists are permitted. [SRF is obviously permitted if PD has forced drivers to employ it.]

Stock Seasonal Time Trials #15:

Two-Wheel Drive European Non-Race Car Super Lap: target 2:20.000 - Ascari - 550PP - SH

Race Car Super Lap: target 1:30.000 - Red Bull Ring - 600PP - RH

My times so far with a wheel and an automatic transmission:

2WD European at Ascari:
I tried the AC 247 S/C '66 (518PP SH) and Jaguar XKR-S '11 (532PP SH) and got times around 2:25.xxx. For me too much power seems to create too many places for error on this track, so I went lower where I could be at full throttle more often and more quickly.
BMW M4 Coupe Frozen Black - 2:19.756 - 510PP - SH

Race Car at Red Bull Ring:

I tried the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 15th Anniv '64 - 1:35.011 - 541PP - RH.
I tried the WSR 1983 Ayrton Senna - 1:40.xxx - 551PP - RH.
I tried the quattro S1 Rally Car 15th Anniv '86 - 1:31.180 - 549PP - RH.
After realizing that this time trial was probably more closely tied to tuning I went with a higher PP prize car to see if MR cars do handle better :scared::
R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) '12 - 1:29.876 - 599PP - RH. They do handle better. :D

Observation: Cars that came/come with adjustable suspension now have different pre- and post-patch camber and toe depending on if they were purchased pre- or post-patch. These will have to be reset to default. :odd:

2WD European at Ascari: Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone '67 (512PP SH) - 2:18.946 2:17.140
The Miura always brought a smile in GT5 and it's every bit as much fun in GT6. There's more in it too. I'll be returning to this one definitely. I always hated Ascari, probably mostly to do with that horrible licence in the Veyron, but I'm starting to warm to it now. With all the blind corners and lack of landmarks it's nasty if you don't know your way around and I'm a very slow learner. I reckon soon I'll be able to do a whole lap without getting lost.

Edit.
Knocked a couple of seconds off with the Miura.

Race Car Super Lap: Red Bull Ring - Ferrari 330 P4 '67 (591pp RH) - 1:17.908
Another unfamiliar track, but this one a lot easier to learn, and another chance to try out one of the Italian classics.

Last edited:
Redbullring - TVR Tuscan Speed 6 Touring Car -
No Tuning - Stock Aero score and ...
This was more of a challenge. Heavy brake zones and No ABS means I was painting the track My gold lap I even put a wheel on the grass up the hill to turn 2 (Remus?) Took several laps to get from 1m31 first lap to getting under the gold standard. Those blue lines were from cars that were murdering me on the straights!
In the end my best lap I managed to avoid cutting the white line for the pit lane entry (So basically I missed the apex by a solid 3 yards at least!) But maybe that set me up for a better final corner?
And what a great paint chip!
I had Botanical Green (Jaguar) and this new one was just underneath it on my paint list (Metallic 01)- and a good BRG spec Dark Green it is too- Extra Happy.
1m29.776 (579pp/495bhp/885kg - TVR Tuscan Speed 6 Touring Car '00)

Ascari - Pagani Zonda C12 -
Beat gold on first lap - so obviously too much car. Car felt very lumbering end of the lap it came alive but I'm no great fan of this pretty vague track. Happy to have done a lap - and what a duff paint chip. I don't want my car to look like a Panzer.
2m18.146 (519pp/387bhp/1250kg - Pagani Zonda C12'00)

All Cars were stock - Brake Bias set to 5/5(Stock!) ABS=0 TCS=0 And BSI=0

2WD European at Ascari: Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone '67 (512PP SH) - 2:18.946 2:17.140
The Miura always brought a smile in GT5 and it's every bit as much fun in GT6. ...

I was about to go purchase the Miura, but when I saw the price tag I bought a Yellow Bird instead: only managed 2:23.xxx though.

2WD European at Ascari: @StirlingMoose , Yes nice drive the Miura, 2:16.963, nice that we can drive these in the real TT, hate going to arcade. Countach 25th Anniv. '88 2:19.936

Last edited:
2WD European at Ascari: @StirlingMoose , Yes nice drive the Miura, 2:16.963, nice that we can drive these in the real TT, hate going to arcade.

I keep thinking I should have a proper go in the X-bow or something but every time I decide to just have one more try in the Miura. Now you've beaten my time I'm going to have to stick with it. Not that that is a burden.

I was about to go purchase the Miura, but when I saw the price tag I bought a Yellow Bird instead: only managed 2:23.xxx though.

It's worth every penny, honestly. Although I have to admit I did the money glitch to equip myself with all the "must have" expensive cars.
I had a lot of fun doing the Red Bull Ring in the Ferrari 250 GTO and Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 also, even though they are much too slow for gold. I have a thing about 1960s Italian cars.

@StirlingMoose It's worth every penny, honestly. Although I have to admit I did the money glitch to equip myself with all the "must have" expensive cars.

I think most of us who "finally" won at Nordschleife gt5, had to get a Muira after , and was one of the 1st cars I bought in GT6, although haven't had much of a chance to use it.

Mp4-12C '10 is a nice alternative to the Xbow, can get a decent time too

Hit'n run

2WD European / Ascari
2:15.959 - X-BOW Street '12 SH 518pp/236bhp/790kg (stock , prize car)

Racing Car / Red Bull Ring
1:29.054 - R8 LMS ultra (Audi Team Phoenix) '12 RH 599pp/528bhp/1250kg (stock , prize car , pre 1.09 camber & toe)

Also golded the Rally Car drift trial with stock R8 Gordini 6982 pts Dirt Tyres 344pp/101bhp/850kg
and got Silver in the MX-5 drift trial using stock Roadster RS (NC) '07 7075pts (425 points from gold) CS 391pp/164bhp/1100kg

EDIT: Got gold , 7854pts

Last edited:
Ascari, de-powered stock X-BOW R with everything off ~ 2:11.650
Red Bull Ring, default Z GT500 base model with everything off ~ 1:28.695

Back