Stock Seasonal Time Trial #19 (FGT, 500PP NRC – 8/27 to 9/10)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 19 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal time trials that focuses on completing the challenges (i.e. beating the gold target times) with stock versions of the cars. This means that instead of maximizing your PP with upgrades and focusing on getting the fastest laps on the in-game leaderboard, you are attempting to complete the challenges with the bare minimum amount of 'car' and money-spent as is possible.

With the new more open ended format means that part of the challenge will be finding a stock car that has the lowest PP or lowest price depending on your view. It is also difficult to predict which types of tires a car will come with before purchasing.

Warning: Some of these challenges are getting to be extreme and should be approached with caution! :banghead:

In order to participate your car must be stock.

1) A stock car is essentially any car as it is when purchased from the dealership or won as a prize: it will have had no modifications, added parts, or adjustments done that affect how the car performs.
2) No oil changes are permitted: if you have had an oil change you must wait until the effects of the HP boost have been removed by driving over 300 km.
3) You must use the original tire type that came with the car, unless dirt or snow tires are required.
4) No changes to any “Car Settings” are permitted: they must ALL be left at their default values. [Note: cars that come with Fully Customizable Suspension that were purchased or won prior to patch 1.11 must have the suspension settings restored to default in order to be updated with the new stock suspension settings.]
5) No SRF or ASM is permitted: other “Driver Assists” are permitted.

Basically, the ONLY changes you may make to a car include: painting the car and changing a car’s racing number. Any other changes means your car is not stock.

Stock Seasonal Time Trials #19:

Formula Gran Turismo Super Lap: target 1:41.000 - Silverstone Grand Prix - 880PP - RH

Non-Racecar Super Lap: target 1:20.000 - Streets of Willow Springs - 500PP - SH

The Stock Seasonal Spreadsheet:

A few members have begun a leaderboard of sorts where individuals will be able to input their info into a public document. This is not so much a competition as a way to compare all sorts of data. At this point the data that is recorded for entries is as follows:

PP - Lap Time - Car (try to include manufacturer) - Tires - Drive - Power - Weight

Link to the GTP Stock Seasonal Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kDEW2OWUxHfq9PTR4G4-HKXl3veLfq0sXhvwiPYMUGw/

Notes about the Spreadsheet:
Tabs will generally be ordered with the newest seasonal events at the left.
Gold times are ordered based first on PP (lowest PP at the top), and then lap time.
Bronze and Silver times are ordered based solely on lap time (fastest time at the top): these entries will be grayed out.
If you are comfortable with entering your info please do so.
Only create one entry per car for your best lap time for that car.
To add an empty line: right click (PC) on a gray row number box and select add a row above or below.
If you make a mistake or change something you did not mean to change hit undo once or a few times.

Reading this week's description for the FGT Super Lap I was kind of confused: :odd::boggled:

“Since you aren’t allowed to tune the car in any way, make sure you set up the car to match your driving style. In its stock configuration, the car will oversteer…”

Is it just me or is someone at PD a little confused about the meaning of 'to tune'? ;)

Last edited:
My times so far with a wheel and automatic transmission:

FGT at Silverstone:

880PP – 1:40.802 – Formula Gran Turismo – RH – MR – 891hp – 550kg

Wow is the FGT difficult to drive. :ill: It takes a lot of extremely smooth everything, otherwise it feels like being on ice. It's no wonder I had not purchased this car. It's also a net loss of credits: it costs 2,000,000, but you only receive 700,000 in prizes, unless that gold chrome is supposed to be super special.

500PP at Willow Springs:

496PP – 1:18.283 – Ferrari 365 GTB4 ’71 – SH – FR – 347hp – 1200kg

The Ferrari 365 was an easy gold here. I will likely try other cars when I get a chance, because I'm not touching that FGT again.

454PP – 1:25.111 – Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta p.c. CN.2521 ’61 – CS – FR – 275hp – 960kg

465PP – 1:20.797 – BMW Concept 1 Series tii ’07 – SH – FR – 320hp – 1520kg [Should be doable with manual.]

466PP – 1:19.013 – Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) ’02 – SH – FR – 292hp – 1270kg

413PP – 1:21.510 – Ferrari Dino 246 GT ’71 – SH – MR – 191hp – 1080kg

Last edited:
I was short on credits , so had to combo the drift and time trial so that I'd have 2 million when I reach the last one.

So , i completed them with these cars:
2WD Race Car drift - Diablo GT2 '98 , 14724pts (very easy , prize car)
Pre-1980's Japanese drift - Isuzu 117COUPÉ '68 (took over 30 minutes to get gold)

500PP at Willow Springs:

490PP - 1:20.977 - Challenger R/T '70 (prize car)
466PP – 1:19.377 – Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. SCP '99 – SH – 4WD – 311bhp – 1360kg (prize car)
433PP - 1:24.843 - Acura NSX '91 (prize car)

FGT at Silverstone:

880PP – 1:37.495 – Formula Gran Turismo – RH – MR – 891hp – 550kg

I guess I was a bit too eager to have a go yesterday, but I had the 200% bonus and wanted to maximise the profits I could make and therefore did all the seasonals only to discover that they changed the paints :indiff: I was keen to get that Gold chrome one...I imagine they will offer it again at some point but their lack of imagination in seasonals and fairly regular inaccuracies/errors are wearing me down. Not sure how a professional responsible for putting up the pictures for seasonals and allocating paint chips could get those things wrong unless they're incompetent or overworked...I see no evidence of them being super busy??? If they're putting heaps of resources into GT7 then that's great, I'll buy a PS4 and GT7 in a heartbeat, but I'm starting to peek at XBox and Forza...I don't imagine I'm the only one looking for greener pastures.

Anyway I've digressed, I did the FGT without tuning but like @Hastatus said, that thing is evil in stock form and with a DS3 I just couldn't cope so I ended up using AS and ABS and TC and whatever else I could find in those aids so I won't post a time for that one. I also simply golded the Willow Springs one with an RS4 I had in the garage but I'm pretty sure it was tuned. Time permitting though, I'll try and have a go at that one with a few cars I think, I don't mind that version of Willow.

While I'm in the rant mood, I'd normally go and update/setup the spreadsheet when on break at work, however work in their infinite wisdom have decided to block Google Drive...another in their list of obscure and weird sites to block, they've currently blocked Gmail too?!? I'm surprised they've left the GTPlanet window open?!?

Formula Gran Turismo Super Lap: target 1:41.000 - Silverstone Grand Prix - 880PP - RH = 1:38.665 [DS3 w/ ABS1] 👍

The FGT took a bit of getting used to over the first handful of laps and I struggled to keep it all clean [those crazy PD stock settings :mischievous:] finally got a clean lap of 1:40.8 but didn't want to stop there because I knew my lap could be smoothed out a bit more so I ran another 10 or so laps, and I can probably take off some more time with a little bit of effort.

Last edited:
fart

I did my gold time in a RX7 Type A Spirit 2002 - Stock - didn't note the numbers for the car (It is the Final version of the RX7) Sport Hards

1m19.523

not sure if it is the car or the track but the up hill section was a blast of trying to not go too fast too early in a corner - and if you do get a bit keen the back end steps out as you spool the rear tyres! No driver aids. And no blue lines to follow. Hate the final corner - can't see where I am going!

FGT at Silverstone:

880PP – 1:36.028 – Formula Gran Turismo – RH – MR – 891hp – 550kg

Had to use ABS 1-too much lockup @0. Otherwise no aids DFGT/AT. Never tried this little beastie in GT6. Nice cockpit view now. Fun ride but a serious handful.

You're not wrong about the handful @NCRthree . Since I've been doing these last few Stock Seasonals with no aids I was keen to persevere with that FGT monstrosity...alas the missus returned home before I could quite get the gold. Driving without TCS on that car was horrendously difficult but if I can squeak out the Gold at some point I'll be pleased:

Formula Gran Turismo Super Lap - 880PP - RH - Silverstone
880 PP 1:41.351 Formula Gran Turismo (RH / MR / 891 / 550)

Non-Racecar Super Lap - 500PP - SH - Streets of Willow Springs
435 PP 1:19.933 Ford Focus RS '02 (SH / FF / 212 / 1050)
458 PP 1:19.993 Isuzu 4200R '89 (SH / MR / 299 / 1500)
471 PP 1:18.337 Subaru S206 NBR CHALLENGE PACKAGE '12 (SH / 4WD / 315 / 1470)
496 PP 1:19.099 BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line (SH / FR / 433 / 1625)
483 PP 1:24.768 Fisker Karma EcoSport '12 (SH / RR / 398 / 2404)​

I wanted to try one car with each drivetrain for the 500PP. The Fisker is one heavy heifer and although it stops pretty well for a boat, it was just too far away from Gold for me to persevere. The others weren't too hard to get Gold in, the Focus took some..."focus"...but the others were pretty easy 👍

FGT at Silverstone:

880PP – 1:40.952 – Formula Gran Turismo – RH – MR – 891hp – 550kg

I found it difficult to get the FGT over the line @ stock kept spinning on the last chicane
Expensive to buy at 2M kazs and only 700k return with 200% bonus.👎

500PP at Willow Springs:

496PP – 1:19.4 – Ferrari 365 GTB4 ’71 – SH – FR – 347hp – 1200kg
Easy (first lap) win. Cost 550k with 210k return with 200% bonus. Not ideal return.:guilty:

498PP – 1:19.13 – Chev Camaro SS '10 – SH – FR – 427hp – 1755kg
Only cost 35000 kazs therefore 70000 kazs profit without bonus. Good return.👍

Thanks "Hastatus" for the thread:cheers:

Last edited:
FGT at Silverstone:

880PP – 1:40.142 – Formula Gran Turismo – RH – MR – 891hp – 550kg

Go MisterWeary, i had the same experince: several laps close to the gold and out of the blue the time above.

On a presonal interest i'd like to know who @ PD adjust the default values for race cars. Looks like someone who doesn't drive the cars; the default gearing allows you only 5 gears to use, 3 to 7. gears 1 and 2 are completely useless; i guess this may also hit the guys running on TCS.

Who cares, golded this one and will not return to this car in it's "factory" trim. ;)

500PP at Willow Springs

will add some times soon

@Ryk : or whoever else might have entered Ryk's entry for the Mazda RX-7 '02 : You scared me! I saw your HP listed as 276 and mine was 292. I couldn't figure out what was going on so I purchased another one to make sure my car was stock, and it turned out someone entered the value given by the dealership which is often wrong. They list 276, but it is really 292. I think many of the Japanese dealerships list lower HP values. Anyways, @everyone, try to get values from your actual garage. Do not trust the dealership salesmen. ;)

I tend to get the numbers - on the grid just before I race, turn off the ABS and TCS - then note down the power / torque / weight / inside leg of the car - also adding the power to weight ratio ...thought it is scored as weight over power - so a large number is a car with more disadvantages.

Always gets a smile when you go to the dealership and they say a car has 276bhp.. then you step into the Skyline and you discover a couple of extra stables worth of horses under the bonnet. - As a side question when you list the cars in order on your own car list - are these numbers accurate? I remember trying this to find a rough number for the FT1 and other cars that have no reported power figure or weight number - yet they are filed in order in you own car list.

RR car for willow springs - maybe a Ruf RGT?

Bought a bunch of cars to test at SOW:

500PP at Willow Springs:

386PP - 1:27.836 - SKYLINE GTS25 Type S (R32) '91 - CS - FR
388PP - 1:27.057 - R5 Turbo '80 - CS - MR
406PP - 1:22.565 - FT-86II concept '11 - SH - FR
408PP - 1:24.488 - 205 Turbop 16 '85 - CS - 4WD
420PP - 1:25.813 - Z4 '03 - CS - FR

@Ryk : or whoever else might have entered Ryk's entry for the Mazda RX-7 '02 : You scared me! I saw your HP listed as 276 and mine was 292. I couldn't figure out what was going on so I purchased another one to make sure my car was stock, and it turned out someone entered the value given by the dealership which is often wrong. They list 276, but it is really 292. I think many of the Japanese dealerships list lower HP values. Anyways, @everyone, try to get values from your actual garage. Do not trust the dealership salesmen. ;)

Only the PP is correct at dealership window , the rest of settings should be taken from settings menu.
Settings menu because cars bought pre 1.01 / 1.09 have old values at garage / car select screen.
I think the numbers at the top right before you enter the seasonal TT/race are correct too.

The stock pp/power/weight values for cars with --- in power/weight are:

NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo - 615pp 591bhp / 1575kg

Honda NSX CONCEPT '13 - 552pp 564bhp / 1500kg

Acura NSX CONCEPT '13 - 552pp 564bhp / 1500kg

Toyota FT-1
544pp 486bhp / 1320kg

2012 Monster Sport E-RUNNER Pikes Peak Special
672pp oh 887bhp / 1640kg

...someone entered the value given by the dealership which is often wrong...
That's a bit of a bummer. Since I started playing GT6 I've been keeping my own spreadsheet of car data as I bought them and I was using dealership data unless it was incomplete :( Ah well, I think I'll abandon that little project and just enjoy the game from here on out. Spreadsheet updated.

The FGT was a bit of a handful - all lock ups and wheel spinning from me - looked like a fog bank had appeared in Northamptonshire after a few laps of me screeching about.
I had a lap when I messed up Club - so lost the next lap so reset. And just nailed the lap getting Gold by just over half a second.
TCS and ABS both off and the car was a bit eager to make me look like a proper F1 driver (Inoue or Maldonardo?) - I had a couple of long spins on the exit of Copse and Club and a majestic 360° spin out through Woodcote -
Full chat with rosy red rear tyres and a bit of steering over the bumps was enough - -

Hard - but not that hard once you wind your neck in and just go for clean lines and smooth corners.

That FGT is a nightmare but I suppose it was a good lesson in ultra-cautious throttle control, so as @Ryk said:
Ryk
...Hard - but not that hard once you wind your neck in and just go for clean lines and smooth corners.
...not over-driving the car was important. So I kept my patience and got within 0.1 of Gold and then as @Flinx said:
...Go MisterWeary, i had the same experince: several laps close to the gold and out of the blue the time above...
I was on about my 10th lap and got to the second last time check and I was almost 0.8 up!!! So I babied that car around the final few corners and snuck under the Gold time:

Formula Gran Turismo Super Lap - 880PP - RH - Silverstone
880 PP 1:40.916 Formula Gran Turismo (RH / MR / 891 / 550)​

That'll do for this lot I think, I'll wait for the new races tomorrow methinks 👍

01.png

02.png

Latest Posts

Back