Stock Seasonal Time Trial #21 (LFA, 700PP RC – 9/24 to 10/22)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 27 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal time trials that focuses on completing the challenges (i.e. beating the gold target times) with stock versions of the cars. This means that instead of maximizing your PP with upgrades and focusing on getting the fastest laps on the in-game leaderboard, you are attempting to complete the challenges with the bare minimum amount of 'car' and money-spent as is possible.

With the new more open ended format means that part of the challenge will be finding a stock car that has the lowest PP or lowest price depending on your view. It is also difficult to predict which types of tires a car will come with before purchasing.

Warning: Some of these challenges are getting to be extreme and should be approached with caution! :banghead:

In order to participate your car must be stock.

1) A stock car is essentially any car as it is when purchased from the dealership or won as a prize: it will have had no modifications, added parts, or adjustments done that affect how the car performs.
2) No oil changes are permitted: if you have had an oil change you must wait until the effects of the HP boost have been removed by driving over 300 km.
3) You must use the original tire type that came with the car, unless dirt or snow tires are required.
4) No changes to any “Car Settings” are permitted: they must ALL be left at their default values. [Note: cars that come with Fully Customizable Suspension that were purchased or won prior to patch 1.11 must have the suspension settings restored to default in order to be updated with the new stock suspension settings.]
5) No SRF or ASM is permitted: other “Driver Assists” are permitted.

Basically, the ONLY changes you may make to a car include: painting the car and changing a car’s racing number. Any other changes means your car is not stock.

Stock Seasonal Time Trials #21:

Lexus LFA Non-Race Cars: Super Lap: target 1:34.000 - Brands Hatch Grand Prix - 580PP - SH

Race Car Super Lap: target 1:35.000 - Monza - 700PP - RH

The Stock Seasonal Spreadsheet:

A few members have begun a leaderboard of sorts where individuals will be able to input their info into a public document. This is not so much a competition as a way to compare all sorts of data. At this point the data that is recorded for entries is as follows:

PP - Lap Time - Car (try to include manufacturer) - Tires - Drive - Power - Weight

Link to the GTP Stock Seasonal Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kDEW2OWUxHfq9PTR4G4-HKXl3veLfq0sXhvwiPYMUGw/

Notes about the Spreadsheet:
Tabs will generally be ordered with the newest seasonal events at the left.
Gold times are ordered based first on PP (lowest PP at the top), and then lap time.
Bronze and Silver times are ordered based solely on lap time (fastest time at the top): these entries will be grayed out.
If you are comfortable with entering your info please do so.
Only create one entry per car for your best lap time for that car.
To add an empty line: right click (PC) on a gray row number box and select add a row above or below.
If you make a mistake or change something you did not mean to change hit undo once or a few times.

My times so far with a wheel and automatic transmission:

Lexus LFA at Brands Hatch:
541PP – 1:33.657 – Lexus LFA ’10 – SH – MR – 552hp – 1480kg

Race Car at Monza:
612PP – 1:47.437 – BMW Vision Gran Turismo – RH – FR – 541hp – 1180kg
637PP – 1:41.949 – Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo – RH – FR - -- - --
670PP – 1:37.457 – 2011 Monster Sport SX4 Pikes Peak Special – RH – 4WD – 896hp – 1090kg
663PP – 1:34.585 – Chaparral 2J ’70 – RH – MR – 683hp – 821kg
655PP – 1:38.667 – Audi R10 TDI ‘06 – RH – MR – 649hp – 925kg

I wonder if the Chaparral 2J will be the lowest PP given its special abilities that might not be accounted well in the PP calculations. :confused:

Last edited:
@Hastatus You may be right about the 2J '70 , but I've gotten pretty close (to gold) with one lower PP car.

Stock specs for cars with power / weight hidden:

Nissan VGT
615pp 697bhp / 1575kg (since 1.12)

Honda NSX CONCEPT
552pp 564bhp / 1500kg

Acura NSX CONCEPT
552pp 564bhp / 1500kg

Toyota FT-1
544pp 486bhp / 1320kg

FT-1 graphite
544pp 486bhp / 1320kg

FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo
637pp 614bhp / 1000kg

Tajima E-RUNNER
672pp 887bhp / 1640kg

Brands Hatch:

LFA Nurb ~ 1:35.643

Monza:

Bentley Speed 8 ~ 1:35.546
BMW V12 LMR ~ 1:34.471
Peugeot 905B ~ 1:33.925

I've tested a bunch of race cars and these were good for gold , the R390 GT1 just barely.

Race Car at Monza:
667PP
- 1:34.132 - Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 - RH - MR - 764bhp - 900kg
663PP - 1:31.525 - Chaparral 2J '70 - RH - MR - 683bhp - 821kg
657PP - 1:34.881 - Nissan R390 GT1 '98 - RH - MR - 788bhp - 1000kg

Cars that didn't quite make it : Gillet Vertigo , AMG Mercedes CLK-LM , Audi R10 TDI '06 , Furai , FT-1 VGT , Panoz Esperante GTR-1 , Zonda LM and TS030 Hybrid.

541PP - 1:32.848 - Lexus LFA '10 - SH - FR - 552bhp - 1480kg

I've added all my times in the docs.

Winning times for me

Race Car at Monza:
694PP
- 1:33.102 - Minolta Toyota 88c - RH - MR - 896bhp - 850kg:tup:
691PP -1:34.667 - Sauber Mercedes C9 '89 - RH - MR - 927bhp - 893kg:tup:

Both have lots of power, fairly easy.

541PP - 1:33.897 - Lexus LFA '10 - SH - FR - 552bhp - 1480kg:D

Much more effort to get this one over the line for me. ( i think it is that first corner:scared:)

I've had the week from hell! Thank goodness as an educator though, I've got two weeks break before having to dive back into the cauldron. I thought ignorant parents were the worst part of my job but it turns out ignorant, litigious, narcissistic parents are worse!

Anyway...Spreadsheet Updated. Hopefully I'll get to these challenges at some point soon but I'm in no hurry since I'm on holidays. @nowcontrol, you may want to check your LFA Nurb...your stats are different to @Sum1s2pid and also Kudos Prime.

@nowcontrol, you may want to check your LFA Nurb...your stats are different to @Sum1s2pid and also Kudos Prime.

Yeah, I realize now that it's because I copied from the dealership stats as i'd already tuned it up to 580pp for a competitive run and then changed to another car before posting that and I sometimes forget that some of those stats are misleading/wrong, as are some also on kudos.

Last edited:
541PP - 1:33.218 - Lexus LFA '10 - SH - FR - 552bhp - 1480kg
542PP – 1:33.564 – Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12 – SH – FR – 545hp – 1480kg

Only two eligible cars and both pretty nasty.:( I started out in the '10 and was struggling to even get a clean lap so switched to the '12 thinking it would have better handling. And it did, but not much. Took me a lot of effort to get gold but by the end I'd just about got the hang of it. So went back to the '10 to find it was faster. Wasn't expecting that. Maybe just a fluke.

541PP
- 1:33.218 - Lexus LFA '10 - SH - FR - 552bhp - 1480kg
542PP – 1:33.564 – Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12 – SH – FR – 545hp – 1480kg

Only two eligible cars and both pretty nasty.:( I started out in the '10 and was struggling to even get a clean lap so switched to the '12 thinking it would have better handling. And it did, but not much. Took me a lot of effort to get gold but by the end I'd just about got the hang of it. So went back to the '10 to find it was faster. Wasn't expecting that. Maybe just a fluke.

I've found that these cars with the automatic rear wing tend to allow for very late breaking when compared to fitting a fixed wing or using a fixed winged version as you have done. Not sure if it's just me but I think the airbrake effect helps a lot.

Well I had some Lexuses (Lexii?!?) and I wasn't sure if they were tuned or not and so I sold them and bought brand new ones. So I can confirm the stock settings are as detailed below:

541pp - 1:33.884 - Lexus LFA '10 - (SH | MR | 552bhp | 1480kg)
547pp - 1:33.705 - Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12 - (SH | MR | 562bhp | 1480kg)​

I was a bit nervous about hitting the Lexus challenge because everyone was whining over in the seasonal thread about how poor the handling is but I have to say I really enjoyed driving the '12 in particular. I may come back and try and get under 1:33 at some point 👍

Race Car at Monza:
663pp - 1:34.556 - Chaparral 2J '70 - (RH | MR | 683bhp | 821kg)​

I can't believe it took me so long to buy the 2J, what a blast to drive! I may come back to this one too. But, I haven't done the Sierra challenges yet so I may focus on those for the rest of the week.

Spreadsheet Updated

541PP
- 1:34.880 - Lexus LFA '10 - SH - FR - 552bhp - 1480kg

Oh man! Really struggling with this combo. Looks like I need a tutorial on BH.... at least for every corner! Thought I could get up early and better my Silver time but Nooooo. Just a half hour of redlaps, good grief. No ABS cockpit cam per usual. Fun car (a particular favorite), great track just hitting a wall mentally.

541PP - 1:33.996 - Lexus LFA '10 - SH - FR - 552bhp - 1480kg

What a difference ABS 1 makes. Done here, eh.

Last edited:
I've found that these cars with the automatic rear wing tend to allow for very late breaking when compared to fitting a fixed wing or using a fixed winged version as you have done. Not sure if it's just me but I think the airbrake effect helps a lot.

Maybe that's it. The '12 looks like it should be faster on paper. I was not consistent enough to judge definitively which was faster and MisterWeary's times were nearly the same in both cars. I'd say there's not much in it, but the '10 must have something going for it at 10bhp down and less downforce.

Race Car at Monza:
663pp - 1:31.750 - Chaparral 2J '70 - (RH | MR | 683bhp | 821kg)

Great combo. Was running mid 33's then started shortening my brake marks. Big difference on exits. No aids. Lots of red laps! Left some time on my fast lap through the parabolica.

I must say I love what's been done with the FFB post patch. Each car's steering reactions feel much more alive. The 2J is a handful on Monza's curbs. I'm running 6/8 for all cars lately on a DFGT.

542PP – 1:32.955 – Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12 – SH – FR – 545hp – 1480kg
I haven't tried the normal version yet. May be I might end up quicker.

Well, after needing to take a break for a minute from the regular LFA event, I decided to give this a try. First, I would like to thank @Hastatus for setting these up, your work here is much appreciated and gives us time trialers another variation of the event to enjoy. Anyways, here's my times for both models in the LFA event.

Lexus LFA '10 at Brands Hatch:
541PP
- 1'31.707 - Lexus LFA '10 - SH - FR - 552bhp - 1480kg

Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12 at Brands Hatch:
541PP
- 1'31.073 - Lexus LFA '10 - SH - FR - 552bhp - 1480kg

I did not enter these into the document as I'm not quite sure how to do that so if someone could do that for me, it would be much appreciated. Again, thanks for giving us another alternative way to enjoy these events. :cheers:

@GTP_CargoRatt Nice to see you joining us and posting some great times. Looks like the '12 may be faster after all.

Had a go at Monza. Good fun so I might be back for more.
663PP - 1:32.733 - Chaparral 2J '70 - RH - MR - 683bhp - 821kg

Last edited:
Well, after needing to take a break for a minute from the regular LFA event, I decided to give this a try. First, I would like to thank @Hastatus for setting these up, your work here is much appreciated and gives us time trialers another variation of the event to enjoy. Anyways, here's my times for both models in the LFA event.

Lexus LFA '10 at Brands Hatch:
541PP
- 1'31.707 - Lexus LFA '10 - SH - FR - 552bhp - 1480kg

Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12 at Brands Hatch:
541PP
- 1'31.073 - Lexus LFA '10 - SH - FR - 552bhp - 1480kg

I did not enter these into the document as I'm not quite sure how to do that so if someone could do that for me, it would be much appreciated. Again, thanks for giving us another alternative way to enjoy these events. :cheers:

Amazing!!! My time is 1:36.xxx in both cars. Can you please share a video of your driving in interior view? I would like to learn and improve :D

Amazing!!! My time is 1:36.xxx in both cars. Can you please share a video of your driving in interior view? I would like to learn and improve :D

Thank you, I am very humbled by your compliments and you wanting to watch my lap to learn from. I would be more than happy to record my lap for you but unfortunately, I have no way to record a video. Best I can do is send you my zip file like we do in the WRS. Let me know if that works for you and if so, I will post it here.

@StirlingMoose Thank you. 👍 It was a fun and challenging change of pace and I'll probably be back to run more with you guys. :cheers:

Thank you, I am very humbled by your compliments and you wanting to watch my lap to learn from. I would be more than happy to record my lap for you but unfortunately, I have no way to record a video. Best I can do is send you my zip file like we do in the WRS. Let me know if that works for you and if so, I will post it here.

Yeah that would be awesome. By the way, thanks for your tune, I won with 1:33.121 which is a solid 3 seconds improvement over the stock LFA.

Yeah that would be awesome. By the way, thanks for your tune, I won with 1:33.121 which is a solid 3 seconds improvement over the stock LFA.

Yea, I seen that...great job. 👍 I'm on the regular LFA Seasonal TT right now so when I get done there, I'll post the zip file for you. :cheers:

Back