Stock Seasonal Time Trial #26 (2WD 500PP, 4WD 600PP – 12/03 to 1/07)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 11 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal time trials that focuses on completing the challenges (i.e. beating the gold target times) with stock versions of the cars. This means that instead of maximizing your PP with upgrades and focusing on getting the fastest laps on the in-game leaderboard, you are attempting to complete the challenges with the bare minimum amount of 'car' and money-spent as is possible.

With the new more open ended format means that part of the challenge will be finding a stock car that has the lowest PP or lowest price depending on your view. It is also difficult to predict which types of tires a car will come with before purchasing.

Warning: Some of these challenges are getting to be extreme and should be approached with caution! :banghead:

In order to participate your car must be stock.

1) A stock car is essentially any car as it is when purchased from the dealership or won as a prize: it will have had no modifications, added parts, or adjustments done that affect how the car performs.
2) No oil changes are permitted: if you have had an oil change you must wait until the effects of the HP boost have been removed by driving over 300 km.
3) You must use the original tire type that came with the car, unless dirt or snow tires are required.
4) No changes to any “Car Settings” are permitted: they must ALL be left at their default values. [Note: cars that come with Fully Customizable Suspension that were purchased or won prior to patch 1.11 must have the suspension settings restored to default in order to be updated with the new stock suspension settings.]
5) No SRF or ASM is permitted: other “Driver Assists” are permitted.

Basically, the ONLY changes you may make to a car include: painting the car and changing a car’s racing number. Any other changes means your car is not stock.

Stock Seasonal Time Trials #26:

2-Wheel-Drive Non-Race Car Super Lap: target 1:42.000 - Red Bull Ring - 550PP - SH

4-Wheel-Drive Non-Race Car Super Lap: target 2:06.000 - Suzuka 2014 - 600PP - SS

The Stock Seasonal Spreadsheet:

A few members have begun a leaderboard of sorts where individuals will be able to input their info into a public document. This is not so much a competition as a way to compare all sorts of data. At this point the data that is recorded for entries is as follows:

PP - Lap Time - Car (try to include manufacturer) - Tires - Drive - Power - Weight

Link to the GTP Stock Seasonal Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kDEW2OWUxHfq9PTR4G4-HKXl3veLfq0sXhvwiPYMUGw/

Notes about the Spreadsheet:
Tabs will generally be ordered with the newest seasonal events at the left.
Gold times are ordered based first on PP (lowest PP at the top), and then lap time.
Bronze and Silver times are ordered based solely on lap time (fastest time at the top): these entries will be grayed out.
If you are comfortable with entering your info please do so.
Only create one entry per car for your best lap time for that car.
To add an empty line: right click (PC) on a gray row number box and select add a row above or below.
If you make a mistake or change something you did not mean to change hit undo once or a few times.

My times so far with a wheel and automatic transmission:

2WD at Red Bull Ring:

536PP – 1:41.825 – Shelby Cobra 427 ’66 – SH – FR – 484hp – 1068kg

The Shelby is just able to gold this one with enough practice.

4WD at Suzuka 2014:

I tried Gallardo LP 560-4 ’08, Murcielago LP 670-4 SV ’09, Aventador LP 700-4 ’11, and the GT-R Black edition ’12: these were all in the 2:14.xxx range: i.e. barely bronze. The closest I got was:

572PP – 2:08.33 – Tommykaira ZZII ’00 – SH – 4WD – 542hp – 1000kg

I imagine someone might be able to get gold with this car, but it will not be me.

Strange. I thought the GTR NISMO ’14 was a production car rather than a race car. :confused:

2WD at Red Bull Ring:

512PP – 1:41.973 – Lamborghini Miura P400 '67 – SH – MR – 349hp – 980kg

Looks like there will be lots of interesting cars to try here. I never pass at an opportunity to drive the Miura. It took me an age though. I'm not really familiar with this track yet, still working out braking points and the best lines. No friends lines to follow yet either. Hopefully one of my expert friends will be along soon to show me how it's done.

@Ryk How's it going? You back with us yet? I've been missing your tales from the track.

still v1.13
for some oddball reason I can't run Apricot Hill Raceway... So trying to re-do the game went out the window as B2 licence needs a pass there. (Managed to get over 2 million poits in the 288GTO Sierra rally stage with a perfect first time out, which was nice.)

BUT - There are loads of cars in the game I've not run - And the ASpec events start with quite a tight rolling starts compared to the seasonals. But after what seemed likes weeks of playing "Lets download GT6 updates" (Actually it was only eleven days...)

I've settled to use my PS3 for playing v1.13 GT6 --- rather than downloading every patch for GT6 12 times - only for it to stall 2 minutes from the end of a 7 hour trial.

550pp 2wd at chopped up Osteriechring...
I'd pick a Ruf - RGT or BTR (They are about 500pp?) ... Actually I guess I could run in Free Run mode, and post my times?

4wd at Suzuka 600pp
Can the Aston "Georgia Jagger" run this?
Maybe a Ruf CTR2?

Anyhow - good luck and drive it like it is a hire car.

Ryk
still v1.13
for some oddball reason I can't run Apricot Hill Raceway... So trying to re-do the game went out the window as B2 licence needs a pass there. (Managed to get over 2 million poits in the 288GTO Sierra rally stage with a perfect first time out, which was nice.)

BUT - There are loads of cars in the game I've not run - And the ASpec events start with quite a tight rolling starts compared to the seasonals. But after what seemed likes weeks of playing "Lets download GT6 updates" (Actually it was only eleven days...)

I've settled to use my PS3 for playing v1.13 GT6 --- rather than downloading every patch for GT6 12 times - only for it to stall 2 minutes from the end of a 7 hour trial.

550pp 2wd at chopped up Osteriechring...
I'd pick a Ruf - RGT or BTR (They are about 500pp?) ... Actually I guess I could run in Free Run mode, and post my times?

4wd at Suzuka 600pp
Can the Aston "Georgia Jagger" run this?
Maybe a Ruf CTR2?

Anyhow - good luck and drive it like it is a hire car.

Damn shame. Can you not take your PS3 somewhere with a faster internet connection?
As far as I can tell none of the VGT cars are eligible stock.
I'll have to try out some RUFs and TVRs for you.

572PP – 2:08.33 – Tommykaira ZZII ’00 – SH – 4WD – 542hp – 1000kg

I imagine someone might be able to get gold with this car, but it will not be me.

It won't be me either. The Tommy looks like the only contender too.

holy monkey doughnuts!!

RGT at Speilberg...
499pp - 378b/38torques/1330kg/SH - 1m45.217

Aventador at Suzuka (original)
583pp - 690bbhp/70Torques/1575kg/SH (50/15 aero default) - 2m11.386

I did 3 laps.... but if I crash it is over... I stuffed up my 3rd lap in Austria - trip into the gravel at the first real left hander.

Suzuka was hard work, the car felt very heavy (Been running Comfort Hard Renault 5 Turbo at Sierra) lots of places I was going through corners on a Wet line. And the usual easy flat out section (200R) from the Hairpin to Spoon the car was fighting to either understeer wide or when I turned in early expecting the usual four wheel helping of understeer the car responded and I clattered over the curbs on the right before the braking point for Spoon... Hard work - but I made 2 seconds after two laps so There is probably another 6 seconds I am squandering.
2m13.698/2m12.572/2m11.386
I guess lots of time being lost as the car felt inconsistent.

How does Suzuka 2014 compare to the meat and potatoes version I have; is it just fresh paint and new adverts?

Aston- it was near 650pp, I just remembered I ran it at the Mini Redbullring to win the car.

V1.14 - I don't think it is a download issue - I have downloaded every patch from 1.02 through to 1.13 and they have worked every time, but the final 1.14 just won't install and I've re downloaded it too many times. I am hoping when V1.5 trucks up I can get that with 1.14 and it will fool my PS3 and install both of them.

2WD at Red Bull Ring:

520PP – 1:40.904 – Ferrari GTO '84 – SH – MR – 393hp – 1160kg

510PP – 1:41.586 – Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 – SH – MR – 373hp – 1065kg

It's Italian classics time and I'm loving it. The Countach was a lot of fun. I'm starting to get the hang of the track now too.

Ryk
How does Suzuka 2014 compare to the meat and potatoes version I have; is it just fresh paint and new adverts?

The layout seems the same. Some say the surface is less grippy than before, some say more. I guess it's about the same.

Last edited:
600pp 4WD at Suzuka:

2:09,311 Audi Le Mans quattro '03 (573pp)
2:08,718 Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SV '09 (576pp)
2:05,975 Tommykaira ZZII '00 (572pp)

That was a great challenge, it's a good feeling to gold this one with a stock car. :)

2-Wheel-Drive Non-Race Car Super Lap: target 1:42.000 - Red Bull Ring - 550PP - SH

492PP - 1:41.443 - Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 - SH - MR - 172bhp - 640kg

This TT feels like it's designed / gold time is set for this specific car stock. Just like the Rocket and X-BOW TT's.

4-Wheel-Drive Non-Race Car Super Lap: target 2:06.000 - Suzuka 2014 - 600PP - SS

EDIT:
572PP - 2:05.930 - Tommy kaira ZZII '00 - SH - 4WD - 542bhp - 1000kg (took another 125km to gold :) , replay below)

Last edited:
2WD at Red Bull Ring:

496PP – 1:41.963 – Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 – SH – FR – 347hp – 1200kg

That took some effort. It's taken me about 30 laps to improve on yesterday's 1:42.011.

526PP – 1:41.329 – RUF CTR Yellow Bird '87– SH – RR – 462hp – 1150kg

Couldn't get anywhere near in the Tuscan Speed 6 at 500PP.

:bowdown: @Ed_Night for a brilliant job in the Tommy. @MadMax Surely you're not giving up? I had to resort to SS which made it very easy. I wouldn't have stood a chance on SH.

Last edited:
Back