Stock Seasonal Time Trial #45 (630PP GT3, 450PP CH – 10/08 to 12/03)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 10 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal time trials that focuses on completing the challenges (i.e. beating the gold target times) with stock versions of the cars. This means that instead of maximizing your PP with upgrades and focusing on getting the fastest laps on the in-game leaderboard, you are attempting to complete the challenges with the bare minimum amount of 'car' and money-spent as is possible.

With the new more open ended format means that part of the challenge will be finding a stock car that has the lowest PP or lowest price depending on your view. It is also difficult to predict which types of tires a car will come with before purchasing.

Warning: Some of these challenges are getting to be extreme and should be approached with caution! :banghead:

In order to participate your car must be stock.

1) A stock car is essentially any car as it is when purchased from the dealership or won as a prize: it will have had no modifications, added parts, or adjustments done that affect how the car performs.
2) No oil changes are permitted: if you have had an oil change you must wait until the effects of the HP boost have been removed by driving over 300 km.
3) You must use the original tire type that came with the car, unless dirt or snow tires are required.
4) No changes to any “Car Settings” are permitted: they must ALL be left at their default values. [Note: cars that come with Fully Customizable Suspension that were purchased or won prior to patch 1.11 must have the suspension settings restored to default in order to be updated with the new stock suspension settings.]
5) No SRF or ASM is permitted: other “Driver Assists” are permitted.

Basically, the ONLY changes you may make to a car include: painting the car and changing a car’s racing number. Any other changes means your car is not stock.

Stock Seasonal Time Trials #45:

GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: 1:58.000 - Suzuka 2014 - 630PP - RS

Non-Race Car Super Lap: 0:36.000 - GT Arena Layout A - 450PP - CH*

* You may put CH tires on your cars for this event given the lack of cars that come with CH tires (none as far as I am aware).

The Stock Seasonal Spreadsheet:
A few members have begun a leaderboard of sorts where individuals will be able to input their info into a public document. This is not so much a competition as a way to compare all sorts of data. At this point the data that is recorded for entries is as follows:

PP - Lap Time - Car (try to include manufacturer) - Tires - Drive - Power - Weight

Link to the GTP Stock Seasonal Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kDEW2OWUxHfq9PTR4G4-HKXl3veLfq0sXhvwiPYMUGw/

Notes about the Spreadsheet:
Tabs will generally be ordered with the newest seasonal events at the left.
Gold times are ordered based first on PP (lowest PP at the top), and then lap time.
Bronze and Silver times are ordered based solely on lap time (fastest time at the top): these entries will be grayed out.
If you are comfortable with entering your info please do so.
Only create one entry per car for your best lap time for that car.
To add an empty line: right click (PC) on a gray row number box and select add a row above or below.
If you make a mistake or change something you did not mean to change hit undo once or a few times.

My results so far with a wheel and an automatic transmission:

630PP GT3 at Suzuka 2014:
617PP
- 1:57.923 - Audi R8 LMS ultra 15th Anniv '12 - RH - MR - 591hp - 1250kg

This Audi R8 LMS has a slightly lower weight compared to the other few GT3 cars I own and it is MR instead of FR. This gave me better handling in most turns (besides hairpin) and also allowed me to sometimes go flat out through turn 15. The keyword there is sometimes: going flat out on turn 15 is the most challenging part. :scared: It feels great to beat the time on RH when RS tires are permitted. :D

450PP CH at GT Arena Layout A:
413PP
- 35.666 - Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 - CH - MR - 191hp - 1080kg

Not sure what PD was thinking here.

408PP
- 34.441 - Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85 - CH - 4WD - 200hp - 1145kg
371PP - 35.928 - Abarth 500 '09 - CH - FF - 133hp - 1035kg

These two already had CHs on and stood out in the short list of eligible cars. Dead easy in the Pug. The Abarth took a bit more effort.

410PP - 35.501 - Lancia Stratos '73 - CH - MR - 185hp - 900kg

I never pass on the opportunity to drive the Stratos. It's great fun here and can probably go quite a bit quicker.
I also tied out the Mini Marcos, expecting it to shine, but it was two seconds off the pace. The Alpine A310 is a lot of fun too.

592PP - 2:00.415 - BMW Z4 GT3 ’11 - RH - MR - 508hp - 1190kg

I can see why this is the car of choice. It's brilliant stock at Suzuka. With super-sticky tyres and a few more hp it must be a stormer. Might have to try it. I'm sure I can get silver with a bit more practice and gold is there for the right driver. I've not been brave enough to try 130R flat yet.

348PP
- 35.858 - Peugeot 106 Rallye '03 - CH - FF - 101hp - 890kg
339PP - 35.912 - Suzuki Cappucino (EA21R) '95 - CH - FF - 63hp - 690kg

This is fun. The Cappucino makes the arena feel like Silverstone.

Got my silver in the Beemer. I'll be leaving it to someone else get gold. I had to resort to RS, although I could probably have got away with RM. Still didn't manage 130R flat though. More downforce or more skill needed.

Edit -

313PP - 35.954 - Daihatsu OFC-1 Concept '07 - CH - FF - 63hp - 820kg
Great car for this track.

Half a second off gold in the Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09 @296PP. Might just about be possible.

Last edited:
Hi there, long time lurker here...
I really appreciate your work here with the stock cars, and use you information to help choose the right cars.
I would like to use a TRUELEY stock car. are there any with CH tyres?
(has this statement changed status? (* You may put CH tires on your cars for this event given the lack of cars that come with CH tires (none as far as I am aware).))

I find you guys' information great, and I also like Ryks entertaining writing style.

Last edited:
313PP - 35.954 - Daihatsu OFC-1 Concept '07 - CH - FF - 63hp - 820kg
Hi there, long time lurker here...
I really appreciate your work here with the stock cars, and use you information to help choose the right cars.
I would like to use a TRUELEY stock car. are there any with CH tyres?
(has this statement changed status? (* You may put CH tires on your cars for this event given the lack of cars that come with CH tires (none as far as I am aware).))

I find you guys' information great, and I also like Ryks entertaining writing style.

I haven't yet found a car that comes with CH so I doubt there are any. Plenty with CM, mostly below 335PP.

592PP - 1:57.832 - BMW Z4 GT3 ’11 - RH - MR - 508hp - 1190kg

Also tried the SLS GT3, but despite more PPT's, the understeer kills it.

592PP - 1:57.832 - BMW Z4 GT3 ’11 - RH - MR - 508hp - 1190kg

Well done. I knew someone would do it. Nice to see you back again. I was thinking of you a few weeks ago when we were doing the Spa race in the rain in the F40. I was using your set-up and thought it would be right up your street.

Well done. I knew someone would do it. Nice to see you back again. I was thinking of you a few weeks ago when we were doing the Spa race in the rain in the F40. I was using your set-up and thought it would be right up your street.

Thanks... wasn't 'mega hard' once I got used to the way the untuned car handles. Got a 58.3 after 5 or 6 laps, then just needed to focus on lines and stop over driving.

Spa in an F40? in the rain? I would have loved that but I missed it completely :embarrassed:

GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: 1:58.000 - Suzuka 2014 - 630PP - RS
624PP
- 1:57.766 - SLS AMG GT3 15th Anniv '11 - RH - FR - 621bhp - 1350kg (with current "stock" suspension)

Non-Race Car Super Lap: 0:36.000 - GT Arena Layout A - 450PP - CH*
342PP
- 35.658 - Mazda 110S (L10A) '67 - CH - FR - 109bhp - 940kg (used only the 2nd gear)

Back