Stock Seasonal Time Trial #47 (450PP Historic European, 600PP RC – 13/03 to 01/28)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 9 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal time trials that focuses on completing the challenges (i.e. beating the gold target times) with stock versions of the cars. This means that instead of maximizing your PP with upgrades and focusing on getting the fastest laps on the in-game leaderboard, you are attempting to complete the challenges with the bare minimum amount of 'car' and money-spent as is possible.

With the new more open ended format means that part of the challenge will be finding a stock car that has the lowest PP or lowest price depending on your view. It is also difficult to predict which types of tires a car will come with before purchasing.

Warning: Some of these challenges are getting to be extreme and should be approached with caution! :banghead:

In order to participate your car must be stock.

1) A stock car is essentially any car as it is when purchased from the dealership or won as a prize: it will have had no modifications, added parts, or adjustments done that affect how the car performs.
2) No oil changes are permitted: if you have had an oil change you must wait until the effects of the HP boost have been removed by driving over 300 km.
3) You must use the original tire type that came with the car, unless dirt or snow tires are required.
4) No changes to any “Car Settings” are permitted: they must ALL be left at their default values. [Note: cars that come with Fully Customizable Suspension that were purchased or won prior to patch 1.11 must have the suspension settings restored to default in order to be updated with the new stock suspension settings.]
5) No SRF or ASM is permitted: other “Driver Assists” are permitted.

Basically, the ONLY changes you may make to a car include: painting the car and changing a car’s racing number. Any other changes means your car is not stock.

Stock Seasonal Time Trials #47:

Historic European Super Lap: 2:01.000 - Matterhorn Rotenboden - 450PP - CS

Racing Car Super Lap: 1:08.000 - Streets of Willow - 600PP - RH

The Stock Seasonal Spreadsheet:
A few members have begun a leaderboard of sorts where individuals will be able to input their info into a public document. This is not so much a competition as a way to compare all sorts of data. At this point the data that is recorded for entries is as follows:

PP - Lap Time - Car (try to include manufacturer) - Tires - Drive - Power - Weight

Link to the GTP Stock Seasonal Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kDEW2OWUxHfq9PTR4G4-HKXl3veLfq0sXhvwiPYMUGw/

Notes about the Spreadsheet:
Tabs will generally be ordered with the newest seasonal events at the left.
Gold times are ordered based first on PP (lowest PP at the top), and then lap time.
Bronze and Silver times are ordered based solely on lap time (fastest time at the top): these entries will be grayed out.
If you are comfortable with entering your info please do so.
Only create one entry per car for your best lap time for that car.
To add an empty line: right click (PC) on a gray row number box and select add a row above or below.
If you make a mistake or change something you did not mean to change hit undo once or a few times.

My results so far with a wheel and an automatic transmission:

450PP Historic European at Matterhorn Rotenboden:
448PP
- 2:00.159 - Lotus Europa 5.2 15th Anniv '68 - MR - CS - 138hp - 624kg

600PP Racing Car at Streets of Willow:
541PP - 1:09.362 - Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 15th Anniv '64 - FR - RH - 399hp - 1043kg
549PP - 1:07.842 - Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car 15th Anniv '86 - 4WD - RH - 488hp - 1090kg

422PP
- 1:59.863 - Alpine A110 1600S '72 - RR - CS - 138hp - 715kg
410PP - 1:58.972 - Lancia Stratos '73 - MR - CS - 185hp - 900kg
404PP - 2:00.654 - Lotus Europa Special '72 - MR - CS - 128hp - 730kg

I think the Elan at 398PP is the next one down but I was 5 seconds off the pace so I doubt it's going to do it.
@Hastatus Do you know what's happened with the spreadsheet? I don't have permission to access it.

@StirlingMoose : I am not sure. I have no access to it either. It seems to have been made private? Maybe GoogleDocs changed their format which toggled something? I believe that @MisterWeary was its creator? Perhaps they made some changes to their account and it went from public to private?

Over the past little while there have been fewer and fewer people using it so I was not even updating it regularly over the past month or so.

387PP
- 2'00.401 - BMW 2002 Turbo '73 - FR - CS - 167bhp - 1080kg

First clean lap, the power really helps here!

Down to 526PP with two cars for the Streets of Willow one, the Elise Race Car and the Megane Trophy Anniv. edition. But I'm working on the regular Megane Trophy for 511PP and still have a tenth to find :irked:

@StirlingMoose : I am not sure. I have no access to it either. It seems to have been made private? Maybe GoogleDocs changed their format which toggled something? I believe that @MisterWeary was its creator? Perhaps they made some changes to their account and it went from public to private?

Over the past little while there have been fewer and fewer people using it so I was not even updating it regularly over the past month or so.

I was entering my (and everybody else's) times up until a month or two ago when we had a whole load of events that were unbeatable, or only beatable in one car so there didn't seem much point. I did download a copy a while back so I will see if I can upload it to a new location if things are livening up again.

387PP
- 2:00.741 - BMW 2002 Turbo '73 - FR - CS - 167bhp - 1080kg

First clean lap, the power really helps here!

It took me about 15.

Also tried the Alpine A310 but it ain't going to cut the mustard.

Historic European Super Lap: 2:01.000 - Matterhorn Rotenboden - 450PP - CS
359PP - 2:08.345 - Alpine A310 1600VE '73 - CS - RR - 123bhp - 930kg
379PP - 2:06.768 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Spring GTA 1600 '65 - CS - FR - 112bhp - 745kg
387PP - 2:00.613 - BMW 2002 Turbo '73 - CS - FR - 167bhp - 1080kg

Racing Car Super Lap: 1:08.000 - Streets of Willow - 600PP - RH
571pp - 1:07.094 - Nissan LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R '00 - RH - FR - 469bhp - 1100kg

Latest Posts

Back