Stock Seasonal Time Trial #52 (630PP 2WD RC, 500PP on CS – 05/19 to 07/14)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 18 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal time trials that focuses on completing the challenges (i.e. beating the gold target times) with stock versions of the cars. This means that instead of maximizing your PP with upgrades and focusing on getting the fastest laps on the in-game leaderboard, you are attempting to complete the challenges with the bare minimum amount of 'car' and money-spent as is possible.

With the new more open ended format means that part of the challenge will be finding a stock car that has the lowest PP or lowest price depending on your view. It is also difficult to predict which types of tires a car will come with before purchasing.

Warning: Some of these challenges are getting to be extreme and should be approached with caution! :banghead:

In order to participate your car must be stock.

1) A stock car is essentially any car as it is when purchased from the dealership or won as a prize: it will have had no modifications, added parts, or adjustments done that affect how the car performs.
2) No oil changes are permitted: if you have had an oil change you must wait until the effects of the HP boost have been removed by driving over 300 km.
3) You must use the original tire type that came with the car, unless dirt or snow tires are required.
4) No changes to any “Car Settings” are permitted: they must ALL be left at their default values. [Note: cars that come with Fully Customizable Suspension that were purchased or won prior to patch 1.11 must have the suspension settings restored to default in order to be updated with the new stock suspension settings.]
5) No SRF or ASM is permitted: other “Driver Assists” are permitted.

Basically, the ONLY changes you may make to a car include: painting the car and changing a car’s racing number. Any other changes means your car is not stock.

Stock Seasonal Time Trials #52:

2WD Racing Car Super Lap: 8:30.000 - Nurburgring 24 - 630PP - RH

Non-Race Cars Super Lap: 1:01.000 - Tsukuba Circuit - 500PP - CS

My results so far with a wheel and an automatic transmission:

630PP 2WD Race Car at Nurburgring 24:
600PP
- 8:11.800 - Chaparral 2D '67 - RH - MR - 420hp - 771kg

I can't believe I had never driven this car before. It sticks to the road so well I had to check that I wasn't using RS tires. Very fun car to drive on this course. Should be plenty of lower PP cars that can earn gold here.

500PP on CS at Tsukuba:
474PP - 1:04.685 - Mazda RX 500 '70 - CS - MR - 247hp - 850kg

I can't find a stock car capable to reaching 1:01.000. It was challenging enough to use a heavily tuned car.

630PP 2WD Race Car at Nurburgring 24
592PP
- 8:29.741 - BMW Z4 GT3 '11 - RH - FR - 508hp - 1190kg

Celebration of coming Nur 24H race, did with GT3 car.

The Tsukuba one seems impossible in stock car.
Even with tire change only the GSX-R/4 capable for gold from what i tried. (Except tire change all stock)

===============================================
Sorry been asked in the last stock Time trial post.
Is it ok to post the drift trial here? Did those in stock car too. Thank you :)

BWM
Sorry been asked in the last stock Time trial post.
Is it ok to post the drift trial here? Did those in stock car too. Thank you :)
I'm going to say no. While you can compare cars in terms of speed and handling fairly easily, comparing cars in terms of drifting would be nearly impossible because drifting is much more of a player-skill-oriented affair.

I'm going to say no. While you can compare cars in terms of speed and handling fairly easily, comparing cars in terms of drifting would be nearly impossible because drifting is much more of a player-skill-oriented affair.
Ok never mind. Thank you.:)

588PP
- 8:28.783 - Ford Mark IV Race Car '67 - RH - MR - 503hp - 1000kg

Like the 2D, loads of grip with the Mark 4. Not so much with the GT40 '69 though. Following my Mark 4 ghost I couldn't keep up through the bends, although it was more fun to drive. Finished 10s down.
Jag XJ13 chromeline was a better bet. I could just about keep up but was having to push too hard and went off a couple of times.

500PP on CS at Tsukuba:
474PP - 1:03.9xx - Mazda RX 500 '70 - CS - MR - 247hp - 850kg

I'm pretty sure that this is the best car and it won't go 3s faster.

BWM
*Lengthy post*

I've been subscribed to your Youtube channel for a little while now, good to see you've found this thread! 👍

Funny thing about this Nurb 24hr combo, I remember running it before a while back in the Megane Trophy but that was with a gold time 10 seconds slower :lol: tempting to give that another try though with a car that has a chance!

599PP
- 8:25.258 - Alpine VGT Race Mode - RH - MR - 443hp - 900kg

A bit lacking in top speed but more than makes up for it in the braking zones and corners. On my first attempt I had a pretty horrendous lap but still managed to get well up on my benchmark ghost, then halfway down the Dottinger Hohe straight the ghostly Mark 4 went flying past and disappeared into the distance.

A couple more classic racers...
591PP - 8:25.689 - Ferrari 330 P4 '67 - RH - MR - 448hp - 792kg

581PP - 8:28.176 - Jaguar XJ13 Chrome Line - RH - MR - 521hp - 975kg

I tried the old Corvette too but unsurprisingly only managed bronze.

574PP - 8:28.783 - Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car - RH - FR - 500hp - 1080kg

571PP - 8:29.708 - Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car - RH - FR - 500hp - 1100kg

Last edited:
@mcsqueegy Here are a couple that have a chance in the right hands.

BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 @553PP - 8:37
NSX-R PROTOTYPE LM Race Car @ 560PP 8:36

The M3 is very planted. I think I was under-driving it. The NSX is trickier but faster if you can keep it on the road.

Edit - Just done another one

569PP - 8:29.632 - Honda Takata Dome NSX '06 - RH - FR - 479hp - 1100kg

Last edited:

571PP - 8:29.708 - Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car - RH - FR - 500hp - 1100kg

Just ran a 8:22.418 in that car. 👍

Squirrely thing, took me a few. Almost a minute slower then my TS030 time.

Edit: 8:25.286 in 564 PP Astra V8 Coupé (Opel Team Phoenix) '00

Edit: 8:25.612 in 560 PP NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car

Last edited:
Just ran a 8:22.418 in that car.

That's a good time 👍 I've just been making sure of a gold time so if I'm up on my ghost I play it safe. I hate restarts. Still better than I could manage, I'm sure.

Edit: 8:25.286 in 564 PP Astra V8 Coupé (Opel Team Phoenix) '00

What??? I've never even heard of that car, let alone driven it. I've been trying the Tataka Dome NSX '03 @564PP and done 30.8. I think I'm reaching my limit. If you think the Mazda is squirrely.

Have you tried the M3? I think it's got a gold in it but it will take a special drive. More than I can manage I think.

There's two of these Astra cars. Yellow and white touring car things. I'm sure you've seen them before.

I'm in the M3 GTR race car '01 right now. 👍

@StirlingMoose I bet it's going to get much tougher from here.

It's tough enough for me already. I did another couple of laps in the M3, both in the 37s then on my last go I was a couple of seconds quicker then hit the grass near the end. If I can do it in the M3 I'll be pleased, anything lower than that I'll leave to the ring-meisters. Good job, sir.

Gave both seasonals a quick shot. The one on Tsukuba seems super hard. I did a 1.04.8 with the RX 500 '70..
Could have gone faster, but certainly not enough. Any other suggestions for this one?

I tried the Mclaren F1 Stealth Model for the seasonal on the Nordschleife and that was an easy one really.
Did a 8.16.2.

Had a go with the Elise 111R race car and got a 8:39,568. With more practice i can see a 8:35 but gold seems to be impossible for me.
Maybe @IMMORTALPILOT is bored and needs a challenge? :D

Think i should give the Shelby Cobra Daytona a go, it has 9pp more and should have an big advantage during the highspeed parts.

Edit: down to 8:31,436 with the Cobra, that's the right car for me

Last edited:
Gold in the M3 - 8:29.773. Celebrating with a beer now. I'm not going to get anything lower than that for sure.

@Ed_Night, Great lap in the Shelby. Rides the kerbs well doesn't it? I had a quick go and did 8:46 on the first attempt, which was better than I expected. Definitely the most fun car I've tried though.

@coryclifford How you getting on in the Shelby?

Back