Stock Seasonal Time Trial #53 (700PP RC, 500PP on CS – 06/16 to 08/11)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 14 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal time trials that focuses on completing the challenges (i.e. beating the gold target times) with stock versions of the cars. This means that instead of maximizing your PP with upgrades and focusing on getting the fastest laps on the in-game leaderboard, you are attempting to complete the challenges with the bare minimum amount of 'car' and money-spent as is possible.

With the new more open ended format means that part of the challenge will be finding a stock car that has the lowest PP or lowest price depending on your view. It is also difficult to predict which types of tires a car will come with before purchasing.

Warning: Some of these challenges are getting to be extreme and should be approached with caution! :banghead:

In order to participate your car must be stock.

1) A stock car is essentially any car as it is when purchased from the dealership or won as a prize: it will have had no modifications, added parts, or adjustments done that affect how the car performs.
2) No oil changes are permitted: if you have had an oil change you must wait until the effects of the HP boost have been removed by driving over 300 km.
3) You must use the original tire type that came with the car, unless dirt or snow tires are required.
4) No changes to any “Car Settings” are permitted: they must ALL be left at their default values. [Note: cars that come with Fully Customizable Suspension that were purchased or won prior to patch 1.11 must have the suspension settings restored to default in order to be updated with the new stock suspension settings.]
5) No SRF or ASM is permitted: other “Driver Assists” are permitted.

Basically, the ONLY changes you may make to a car include: painting the car and changing a car’s racing number. Any other changes means your car is not stock.

Stock Seasonal Time Trials #53:

Racing Car Super Lap: 3:15.000 - Sarthe 2013 - 700PP - RS*

Non-Racing Car Super Lap: 1:27.000 - Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow - 500PP - CS

*It appears to be highly unlikely that a stock car will get gold here, therefore everyone should put RS on an otherwise stock car.

Last edited:
My results so far with a wheel and an automatic transmission:

700PP RC at Sarthe 2013:
691PP
- 3:14.809 - Pescarolo C60 Hybride- Judd '05 - RS - MR - 905hp - 900kg

Every stock car I tried was barely close to getting silver so I suggest everyone use RS tires if you are going to try this. It is still incredibly challenging on RS to get gold.

500PP CS Tires at Big Willow:
474PP
- 1:26.748 - Mazda RX500 '70 - CS - MR - 247hp - 850kg

There should be several other cars that can achieve gold here.

474PP
- 1:26.748 - Mazda RX500 '70 - CS - MR - 247hp - 850kg

There should be several other cars that can achieve gold here.

Based on my tests , there are just 2 stock cars that can make it , I've been stuck at 1:27.371 with the Acura NSX '04 for awhile now. (300 miles)

482PP
- 1:26.890 - Lotus Esprit V8 GT '98 - CS - MR - 353hp - 1325kg

@MadMax Perhaps that isn't the right wheels for this track.

Sorry, @Thematic, that one's not eligible. It comes with SH tyres.

The Mazda is the only one I can get gold in. I tried the NSX, not expecting to get gold obviously, and was over two seconds off the pace. If I gave it 300 miles I might take a second off. That's a very good lap, @MadMax. It's nice to have your blue line to follow again, for as long as I can keep up. It's been a while.

I'm giving the other one a miss. LMPs, at Le Mans, on RS. That's my three least favourite things.

Doesn't really matter does it? His car is at 482 (and slower time), and the Mazda is at 474... :D

I'm just the opposite @StirlingMoose, I very much enjoy the LMP cars, though I dislike the RS tire. And Sarthe is awesome. :crazy:

Doesn't really matter does it? His car is at 482 (and slower time), and the Mazda is at 474.

Yeah, but rules is rules.

I'm just the opposite, I very much enjoy the LMP cars, though I dislike the RS tire. And Sarthe is awesome.

I expect the Sarthe event will be very popular. I can sort of see the appeal but it shakes the crap out of my wheel, I doze off on the straights and forget where I am, then miss my braking points, and the corners are a bit too quick for me. Too old I guess. Give me <300hp, comfort tyres and a twisty circuit any day.

Did you have a go with the Civic Type R at Mid-Field? I would have thought that would be right up your street.

That wasn't too bad. 👍

Had just enough of a gap ahead of P2 coming out of the tight left that he didn't quite catch me.

image.jpeg

That wasn't too bad.

Well done! I must have run it a dozen times with total times around 7:48 and only got to the front once and then had to block to get the win. How much did you have to pay Shimada to go that slow? That's the lowest PP winner we've seen.

700PP RC at Sarthe 2013:
691PP
- 3:14.864 - Pescarolo C60 Hybride- Judd '05 - RS - MR - 905hp - 900kg

Do not like RS, it makes the car feel weird to drive.

474PP
- 1:25.435 - Mazda RX500 '70 - CS - MR - 247hp - 850kg

Not so hard with the RX500.

Tried the NSX too but final sec seems too far away.

You really need to nail the lap to get it below 1:27.

You nailed that one alright, Ed.
I had another go and got 1:28.4. If I stick at it maybe a high 27 but only if I'm lucky. It is a fun drive though, very controllable on the edge and not too scary. I've done this one in the Shelby Series One with Andromeda's tune from the 480PP one at Death Valley. That's proper scary.

Back