Stock Seasonal Time Trial #63 (550PP CS, GT500 – 03/23 to 5/18)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 10 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal time trials that focuses on completing the challenges (i.e. beating the gold target times) with stock versions of the cars. This means that instead of maximizing your PP with upgrades and focusing on getting the fastest laps on the in-game leaderboard, you are attempting to complete the challenges with the bare minimum amount of 'car' and money-spent as is possible.

With the new more open ended format means that part of the challenge will be finding a stock car that has the lowest PP or lowest price depending on your view. It is also difficult to predict which types of tires a car will come with before purchasing.

Warning: Some of these challenges are getting to be extreme and should be approached with caution! :banghead:

In order to participate your car must be stock.

1) A stock car is essentially any car as it is when purchased from the dealership or won as a prize: it will have had no modifications, added parts, or adjustments done that affect how the car performs.
2) No oil changes are permitted: if you have had an oil change you must wait until the effects of the HP boost have been removed by driving over 300 km.
3) You must use the original tire type that came with the car, unless dirt or snow tires are required.
4) No changes to any “Car Settings” are permitted: they must ALL be left at their default values. [Note: cars that come with Fully Customizable Suspension that were purchased or won prior to patch 1.11 must have the suspension settings restored to default in order to be updated with the new stock suspension settings.]
5) No SRF or ASM is permitted: other “Driver Assists” are permitted.

Basically, the ONLY changes you may make to a car include: painting the car and changing a car’s racing number. Any other changes means your car is not stock.

Stock Seasonal Time Trials #63:

Non-Race Car Super Lap: 1:45.000 - Eifel Flat CM - 550PP - CS - repeat *

GT500 Super Lap: 1:38.000 - Fuji Speedway F - 600PP - RH - repeat

* Given that there were no cars with CS tires that came close last time, this time you may put CS tires on your otherwise stock car.

Lowest PP cars from last time:

550PP CS at Eifel Flat CM:
518PP - 1:44.887 - KTM X-BOW Street '12 - CS - MR - 236hp - 790kg - MadMax

GT500 at Fuji Speedway F:
560PP - 1:37.953 - Honda ARTA NSX '00 - RH - MR - 481hp - 1150kg - MadMax

My results so far with a wheel and an automatic transmission:

518PP - 1:46.645 - KTM X-BOW Street '12 - CS - MR - 236hp - 790kg

The X-Bow is the fastest car I could find but I couldn't get close to MadMax. I had to use my tuned cars to reach gold.

564PP - 1:38.165 - Honda TAKATA DOME NSX '03 - RH - MR - 486hp - 1170kg
565PP - 1:37.902 - Toyota Supra GT500 Base Model ’05 - RH - FR - 474hp - 1090kg

Beat my old time with the Toyota, but I still cannot push MR cars to there limit like I can FR cars.

@Hastatus

I'm a little confused since if you buy KTM X-BOW Street '12 has the SH mounted by default and then it should be out of the requirement,

Please clarify it.

Thanks in advance

@Hastatus

I'm a little confused since if you buy KTM X-BOW Street '12 has the SH mounted by default and then it should be out of the requirement,

Please clarify it.

Thanks in advance

In the OP
* Given that there were no cars with CS tires that came close last time, this time you may put CS tires on your otherwise stock car.

A rare dispensation from our host. Opens up the field considerably although I haven't found any thing better than the x-bow. I've had a lot of fun in the Rufs though.

In the OP

A rare dispensation from our host. Opens up the field considerably although I haven't found any thing better than the x-bow. I've had a lot of fun in the Rufs though.

@StirlingMoose

Thanks to point out.

Ciao

1:45.7 in the x-bow. I may have another go. Lots of people complaining about the lack of grip in the main thread. It seems fine to me. The Yellow Bird is marvelous here, way off the pace but so much fun.
I had a quick run around Fuji but we don't get on, Fuji and me. It's too wide and too fast. In anything other than an F1 car it's just dull.

I spent an half an hour with stock 1999/2000 GT500 car @ GV (some easy Cr. in the pocket).

The NSX '00 should be the faster ones for Fuji TT and so I used MOBIL 1 for 7 laps there but unfortunately just 1:38.2xx...

518PP - 1:44.857 - KTM X-BOW Street '12 - CS - MR - 236hp - 790kg

Even managed to beat MadMax's time from before. Not seen the flying Finn around here for a while. The car is lovely on CS, still loads of grip and with nice oversteer when you need it.

516PP - 1:44.838 - Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 - CS - 4WD - 414hp - 1560kg

Love the R8 V8, not too much power, great handling with lots of grip.

Did the GT500 Super lap in YellowHat Supra last time so not going to do it with the same car again. Tried some old NSXs but i just can't stop them sliding around at the last corner.:boggled:

564PP
- 1:36.916 - Honda TAKATA DOME NSX '03 - RH - MR - 493cv - 1170kg
565PP - 1:37.536 - Toyota YELLOWHAT YMS Supra '05 - 481cv - 1090kg
564PP - 1:37.579 - Honda EPSON NSX '08 - RH - MR - 481cv - 1150kg
561PP - 1:37.649 - Honda MOBIL 1 NSX '01 - RH - MR - 491cv - 1150kg
568PP - 1:37.818 - Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R '01 - RH - FR - 480cv - 1100kg

I was curious to drive/test a lot of classic Japanese racing cars... funny!

ciao

Last edited:
Back