Stock Seasonal Time Trial #68 (Skyline GT-R, GT500 – 9/07 to 11/12)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 14 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal time trials that focuses on completing the challenges (i.e. beating the gold target times) with stock versions of the cars. This means that instead of maximizing your PP with upgrades and focusing on getting the fastest laps on the in-game leaderboard, you are attempting to complete the challenges with the bare minimum amount of 'car' and money-spent as is possible.

With the new more open ended format means that part of the challenge will be finding a stock car that has the lowest PP or lowest price depending on your view. It is also difficult to predict which types of tires a car will come with before purchasing.

Warning: Some of these challenges are getting to be extreme and should be approached with caution! :banghead:

In order to participate your car must be stock.

1) A stock car is essentially any car as it is when purchased from the dealership or won as a prize: it will have had no modifications, added parts, or adjustments done that affect how the car performs.
2) No oil changes are permitted: if you have had an oil change you must wait until the effects of the HP boost have been removed by driving over 300 km.
3) You must use the original tire type that came with the car, unless dirt or snow tires are required.
4) No changes to any “Car Settings” are permitted: they must ALL be left at their default values. [Note: cars that come with Fully Customizable Suspension that were purchased or won prior to patch 1.11 must have the suspension settings restored to default in order to be updated with the new stock suspension settings.]
5) No SRF or ASM is permitted: other “Driver Assists” are permitted.

Basically, the ONLY changes you may make to a car include: painting the car and changing a car’s racing number. Any other changes means your car is not stock.

Stock Seasonal Time Trials #68:

Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32, R33, R34) Non-Racing Car Super Lap: target 1:25.000 - Autumn Ring - 530PP - SH - repeat

GT500 Super Lap: target 1:23.000 - Laguna Seca - 600PP - RH - repeat

Lowest PP cars from last time:

530PP Skyline GT-R at Autumn Ring:
475PP - 1:24.966 - Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M-spec Nur (R34) '02 - SH - 4WD - 335hp - 1580kg - MadMax

600PP GT500 at Laguna Seca:
560PP - 1:22.795 - Honda ARTA NSX '00 - RH - MR - 481hp - 1150kg - MadMax

My results so far with a wheel and an automatic transmission:

530PP Skyline GT-R at Autumn Ring:
475PP - 1:27.360 - Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M-spec Nur (R34) '02 - SH - 4WD - 335hp - 1580kg

580PP
- 1:21.927 - Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model - RH - MR - 514hp - 1100kg

Almost no one was able to get gold in a stock Skyline last time so good luck to those who try again this time. I didn't try to get very good times since I spent most of my time trying to stop my brake pedal from dragging (shaved off part of the potentiometer lever stop so it could go back further...and it seemed to work afterwards fingers crossed).

Last edited:
For the first time in ages I had time to have a go before the thread was up.

572PP
- 1:22.909 - Honda weider HSV-010 '11 - RH - FR - 493hp - 1100kg

This wasn't too hard so I might try something lower.

Edit - It's a lot harder in the Arta NSX.

Not looking too promising in the Skylines though. Mid 1:26 so far. I tried a few cars before I read the old thread and got the best time with the (R34) '00 which was the lowest PP.

I didn't try to get very good times since I spent most of my time trying to stop my brake pedal from dragging (shaved off part of the potentiometer lever stop so it could go back further...and it seemed to work afterwards fingers crossed).

Do you have a DFGT by any chance? I was forever "modifying" mine to keep the brakes working.

Last edited:
Do you have a DFGT by any chance? I was forever "modifying" mine to keep the brakes working.
Yep. I had it happen before and 'cleaned' it and it seemed to work until now. Part of me suspects it is temperature dependant: seems to work when it's in a warmer atmosphere. This time I shaved flat part of that white plastic arm hitting the metal plate: my hopes is that it turns more past zero/off. I really hope future games allow us to adjust the range in game; so we could add a little more dead space to account for wearing parts.

OK, was having tough time until I did this, keep in mind I'm NOT good at this!
Skyline GT-r m spec nur (r34) '02
150/70
4.69/4.01
1/1
1/1
7/7
Camber 0.3/0.0
Toe.0.00/0.55
Racing brakes 7/7
Trains fully customizable ran top speed down to 137mph
Final 3.545
Drivetrain all upgrades
9/8
26/20
16/14
Torque split 35:65
Power 97% all upgrades, no turbo
Weight reduction 3, plus hood &a windows.

This was the start of actually getting that pig to turn. Gold on first try with these "frustration" settings.

They made this sports car handle like a '63 Buick for this seasonal. Yeah.

572PP
- 1:21.156 - Honda weider HSV-010 '11 - RH - FR - 500cv - 1100kg
565PP - 1:22.483 - Toyota YellowHat YMS Supra '05 - RH - FR - 481cv - 1090kg
(PAD, AT, ABS1)

First I run around 15 laps with the stock 572pp Honda in order to understand if there is a reasonable room for the 560pp NSX.
Then the 565pp Supra just 5pp upper to the target.

More or less, as margin to the Gold, are what I scored at GT500 Fuji TT so it could be possible since I won with the less
powered JGTC NSX there.

FYI, at GT500 Fuji TT I have also tested the stock JGTC R34 GT-R but were significantly slower than NSX.

ciao

Last edited:
Yep. I had it happen before and 'cleaned' it and it seemed to work until now. Part of me suspects it is temperature dependant: seems to work when it's in a warmer atmosphere. This time I shaved flat part of that white plastic arm hitting the metal plate: my hopes is that it turns more past zero/off. I really hope future games allow us to adjust the range in game; so we could add a little more dead space to account for wearing parts.

You'll be needing a new wheel for future games anyway, unless you're intending to use some sort of adapter to use the DFGT with PS4. I ended up looking for a replacement set of pedals for the DFGT but found an old G25 on ebay, which served me well until I got my T300RS in preparation for GTS/PS4.

@StirlingMoose : Yeah I will not be getting a new wheel. At this point I'm not even sure I will get GTS...as far as I am aware there are no old cars in its list yet. It looks like nothing from the 20th century. Perhaps they can't get the physics and sounds they want or didn't want to have to create too much variation for the AI drivers. The Shelby Corporation still makes new old style Cobras today so I'm hopeful but not really optimistic given the generic nature of the cars I've seen listed so far.

@StirlingMoose : Yeah I will not be getting a new wheel. At this point I'm not even sure I will get GTS...as far as I am aware there are no old cars in its list yet. It looks like nothing from the 20th century. Perhaps they can't get the physics and sounds they want or didn't want to have to create too much variation for the AI drivers. The Shelby Corporation still makes new old style Cobras today so I'm hopeful but not really optimistic given the generic nature of the cars I've seen listed so far.

I know what you mean. It looks like a lot of modern race cars, which is not my thing at all. But I can't believe that Kaz will completely abandon the old GT ethos. I hope that GTS will be built upon, adding more unusual and historic cars. They've got to do something to keep people interested and as it's looking at the moment the appeal is not going to last long.

565PP - 1:22.565 - Toyota YellowHat YMS Supra '05 - RH - FR - 474hp - 1090kg

I did 1:23.4 in the Arta NSX but really struggling with finding the extra half second.

@Hastatus Are you watching the Goodwood Revival?

Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32, R33, R34) Non-Racing Car Super Lap
475PP - 1:24.843 - Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M-spec Nur (R34) '02 - SH - 4WD - 335hp - 1580kg

GT500 Super Lap
560PP - 1:22.361 - Honda ARTA NSX '00 - RH - MR - 481hp - 1150kg

Back