Stock Wheels

  • Thread starter Thread starter SubieDude
  • 16 comments
  • 5,414 views
Messages
3
How do you switch back to the stock wheels after u buy new ones from the wheel shop ?? In GT3 you would do it in the garage but i cant seem to find it in GT4...helpp this is getting frustrating.... :indiff:
 
Unfortunately, I think you have to find them as they come up in the used wheel cylce to get them again.

I could be wrong, but I think I noticed that the day after you trade in a set of stock wheels, they appear in the used wheel list. This could have just been a coincidence though. I should do some tests to see if that's true.
 
I know with the rear spoilers you can select "return car to original condition," but since I rarely buy rims I'm not sure if this option exists for rims as well...If it does, it might be the very first option after you go into one of the wheel company's shops...
 
You cannot change since it trades your old wheels in when you buy new one's, you have to try to buy them back from the wheel of the day specials and then it will change them back.
 
Yep, what blkout said.
 
Thirdeye
Yep, what blkout said.

great song, especially the live version

any idea when theyre gonna finish their new album?
 
No idea, but yes, both versions are great :)
 
Blkout
You cannot change since it trades your old wheels in when you buy new one's, you have to try to buy them back from the wheel of the day specials and then it will change them back.

Damn irritating because I like how it was in GT3 better along with the fact you could actually see the damn car during and after you picked rims. :irked:
 
VipFREAK
Damn irritating because I like how it was in GT3 better along with the fact you could actually see the damn car during and after you picked rims. :irked:


I agree and I would like it better if you could see the whole car while choosing the wheels rather then just the front wheel only. Kind of hard to tell how they look on the car until after you buy them.
 
Yes, but when you buy new tires, such as racing tires, your wheels go back to stock. I had bought some Torque thrust d's for my '05 Mustang with stock tires on it. I later bought some racing tires and the wheels went back to stock, so I had to find the torque thrusts all over again. :crazy:

Oh, and I didn't loose the wheels on my stock tires either, so I can switch between stock and racing tires and my wheels are torque thrust's on both now.
 
where is the "used wheel" shop??
 
So every time you buy a new type of tire (S, R, N) you have to pay 1200cr for another set of wheels to mount them on?
 
69Dodge_Charger
Yes, but when you buy new tires, such as racing tires, your wheels go back to stock. I had bought some Torque thrust d's for my '05 Mustang with stock tires on it. I later bought some racing tires and the wheels went back to stock, so I had to find the torque thrusts all over again. :crazy:

Oh, and I didn't loose the wheels on my stock tires either, so I can switch between stock and racing tires and my wheels are torque thrust's on both now.



I've never seen this happen, everytime I bought a set of wheels, no matter which tires I bought my wheels stayed the same. Are you that's what happened to you?
 
basically you have seperate rims on your cars for different types of tires. There is one for sport and one for racing and probably one for dirt and snow (i haven't had a car with neither of these tires yet)

So you have RIM A on sport tires, and you upgrade to race tires, you will have stock rims again. you can buy a seperate rim for race tires.

RIM A = sports
RIM B = racing.

probably the same goes for dirt and tires.


hope this helps.
 
neon_duke
So every time you buy a new type of tire (S, R, N) you have to pay 1200cr for another set of wheels to mount them on?
Pretty much, but it's only 500cr, unless you're playing the Japanese version. I think aznimport's post is a little easier to understand.
 
Damn irritating because I like how it was in GT3 better along with the fact you could actually see the damn car during and after you picked rims.

I agree, it was great to have a wheel collection in GT3 and change them out. I also hate how I can't see them -on- the car. I can see the wheel just fine in the box, thanks, I don't need a closeup shot of the quarter-panel *roll eyes*

Oh well.
 
Back