storage location for .kml on Android emulation

Germany
Stade
Hey there,

as I dont have a tablet, i am using the bluestacks-emulator on my windows pc to use the app.
Id love to import .kml-Files I already created. But I was unable to find the right folders to store them.
When you click on "import .kml-files" it opens a window with only to optional folders. One is "Latest" the other is "Downloads".
So i tried to store the files in the general windows download folder, but they did not show up (and yes I tried restarting bluestacks). Then I searched if I could find a folders in the windows-programm-section for bluestacks but there is nothing.

Anyone of you has an idea where I need to store the files to be able to import then?

Thanks for your help!

Hey there,

as I dont have a tablet, i am using the bluestacks-emulator on my windows pc to use the app.
Id love to import .kml-Files I already created. But I was unable to find the right folders to store them.
When you click on "import .kml-files" it opens a window with only to optional folders. One is "Latest" the other is "Downloads".
So i tried to store the files in the general windows download folder, but they did not show up (and yes I tried restarting bluestacks). Then I searched if I could find a folders in the windows-programm-section for bluestacks but there is nothing.

Anyone of you has an idea where I need to store the files to be able to import then?

Thanks for your help!
  1. Install Root Explorer app. (It requires root privileges which BlueStacks conveniently provides.)
  2. Once that is installed Open the app
  3. Navigate to mnt/sdcard/download
    1. Click the plus Icon top right
    2. Select New Root Tab
  4. Navigate to mnt/sdcard/windows/Documents/
    1. You are NOW in the windows file directory structure
  5. Find the kml/image file you saved in windows
    1. Tick the check box on the right edge for each file you wish to move/copy
    2. Click move or copy. (Move removes the file from the source directory in windows.)
  6. Select the download tab
  7. Click move or copy here (The prompt will reflect what you choose previously.

1. Install Root Explorer app. (It requires root privileges which BlueStacks conveniently provides.)
  2. Once that is installed Open the app
  3. Navigate to mnt/sdcard/download
    1. Click the plus Icon top right
    2. Select New Root Tab
  4. Navigate to mnt/sdcard/windows/Documents/
    1. You are NOW in the windows file directory structure
  5. Find the kml/image file you saved in windows
    1. Tick the check box on the right edge for each file you wish to move/copy
    2. Click move or copy. (Move removes the file from the source directory in windows.)
  6. Select the download tab
  7. Click move or copy here (The prompt will reflect what you choose previously.
Thank you very much! I`ll try this when I get home. Cant wait to drive the curves of my childhood`s favourite road!

Back