• Thread starter Keef
  • 8 comments

Keef

Premium
United States
Dayton, OH
GTP_KeefRacer
GTP Keef
I am seeing an interesting issue in Chrome which only happens to one thread. It does not happen in Internet Explorer.

When I click the "Libertarian Party" thread, Chrome's font switches in the address bar and tab header.

Here are pics that show it:

9zjGLm0.jpg

gdiCUvm.jpg

yndoJXs.jpg

As you can see, Chrome apparently thinks it is funny to change the tab and address bar font when I enter the Libertarian Party thread. I have a feeling this is an issue with my browser, not the site, but this is the only instance of a font change I have ever seen. It does it every time and only on that thread. Any ideas?

Apparently this is a Chrome bug which can be triggered by certain unicode characters in the title. There's an odd space in the title of that thread which was probably hiding it. I've re-written the title now, is it gone?

I'll tag my question on here as it's character-related...

...I have no a-acute in my fonts (Ubuntu w/ Firefox), is that forum-software related or a problem on my side?

GTPCharacters.png

@Jordan

Is the font for The Infield different from the other section titles? I just noticed that there isn't a dot over the "i" but there is for The Trading Post.

Screenshot_2016-12-05-12-53-38.png

Correction. It's there, just not quite in the same place.

No, it's the same font. What you're seeing on "The Infield" is called a ligature between the 'f' and 'i'.

It's being used there by your browser automatically because the font (Roboto) supports it.

Back