Strange Happening - McLaren F1 Invitational at ZolderPS4 

• Thread starter gufazi
  • 10 comments
gufazi
(This is a re-post I submitted at another site)

I raced in the 3 hour McLaren F1 Invitational at Zolder this evening when something truly bizarre happened. 60% A.I., pro settings, visible damage, assists off.

It happened about 28 minutes into the 30 minute race. I had just pitted 1 or 2 laps before and was running a close second. I was coming down the straight right before the pit entry and BAM! The car lifted, my wheel jostled about, it was loud. When the car regained it's composure, the tires were all blue and I had no ffb. I paused the game and the wheel stiffened back up while in the menu, but it let loose when I resumed the race. I couldn't control the thing so I exited out.

Upon looking at the replay, it appears I hit an invisible wall ..... from behind ... and nothing was around me ... just BAM .... and suddenly ice cold tires an no FFB. Where is the replay you ask? As I tried to save and upload it crashed, so I have no evidence.

Anyone else experience anything similar?

This exact this happened to me when I was doing a free run at Bathurst in the Audi R18. I was just about to cross the start/finish and the car flew at least 20 feet into the air and it was completely wrecked.

(This is a re-post I submitted at another site)

I raced in the 3 hour McLaren F1 Invitational at Zolder this evening when something truly bizarre happened. 60% A.I., pro settings, visible damage, assists off.

It happened about 28 minutes into the 30 minute race. I had just pitted 1 or 2 laps before and was running a close second. I was coming down the straight right before the pit entry and BAM! The car lifted, my wheel jostled about, it was loud. When the car regained it's composure, the tires were all blue and I had no ffb. I paused the game and the wheel stiffened back up while in the menu, but it let loose when I resumed the race. I couldn't control the thing so I exited out.

Upon looking at the replay, it appears I hit an invisible wall ..... from behind ... and nothing was around me ... just BAM .... and suddenly ice cold tires an no FFB. Where is the replay you ask? As I tried to save and upload it crashed, so I have no evidence.

Anyone else experience anything similar?

Yep, I've hit that one too :-( Road America and Le Mans are the other more recent ones for me too. There are lots of invisible "speed bumps" I have hit too that just rock the car violently and sometimes cause loss of FFB.

*IF* it has only happened to you once just feel very lucky ;-)

Back