Strange Internet problem.

  • Thread starter Thread starter SVPSkins
  • 2 comments
  • 730 views
Messages
1,373
United Kingdom
Portishead, Bristol
Messages
Baz828
Hi all,

Is there any of that can help me understand what is going on with my wireless connection via my PC.

For some reason after resetting my router, my wireless connection refuses to load any website I go to via Google Chrome or Internet Explorer but when I change to a wired connection (which i use for my PS3) all websites load in fine.

Websites i'm trying to use are Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, GTPlanet, stuff like that.

Anyone got any ideas what could be the problem?

I use Win7
 
Hi all,

Is there any of that can help me understand what is going on with my wireless connection via my PC.

For some reason after resetting my router, my wireless connection refuses to load any website I go to via Google Chrome or Internet Explorer but when I change to a wired connection (which i use for my PS3) all websites load in fine.

Websites i'm trying to use are Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, GTPlanet, stuff like that.

Anyone got any ideas what could be the problem?

I use Win7

Are you sure a wireless connection is being established with the router?
Does anything else have WiFi problems with the router?
Have you done any troubleshooting with ping and/or traceroute?
 
Open a command prompt and do

Ping www.google.com

Then

Ping 8.8.8.8

Then

Ipconfig /all


Post results here.
 
Back