strange particles and bad graphics on the Circuit de la sierra

  • Thread starter Thread starter polpol3214
  • 13 comments
  • 1,082 views
Messages
69
Philippines
BACOLOD CITY
Messages
polpol3214
just downloaded the new update..then tried the gtr nismo in the new circuit.. and it was very bad....it was like an old arcade game. like the gt4 track . unlike when i play in a diff. track like silverstone , the graphics are bold and realistic... the particles of the road are also disturbing me..have you discovered it also.. share me your thoughts pls :)
 
I havent seen any problems about Sierra graphics,exept by one thing: From some replay cameras,I can see an lake,totally squared and unrrealistic. It looks awfull,really ugly. Looks like a water wall or something... :indiff:
 
Not sure if we are talking about the same stuff, but i have seen strange particles before...

On Abricot track at night, there was a diamond glow on the track... weird... i have seen it elsewhere...

And this is before 1.12 too...
 
Probably has to do with the installation of the patch. Zahara looks pretty nice but also has it's woes, but not to the GT4 extent. Hmm, maybe it's just a single game session thing. Is this recurring?
 
Sierra looks beautiful but it is pushing the PS3 hard. You can see a fine almost mesh like texture on many grass verges while there are trees which wouldn't look out of place in Minecraft. Also, in Replays there can be significant texture flicker.

This doesn't bother me in the slightest as I'm loving pounding around this gorgeous location. Remember all new circuits are made for PS4 and graphically pulled back with lower resolution textures and reduced poly count for all assets.

One issue which is a little annoying is the invisible walls. They are too close to the track and there are some about 0.5m in front of the red and white barriers.

The lake is also dreadful. No animation is bad enough but would be somewhat acceptable if it resembled water. I just think that surely PD could have improved where the square sections are so prominent. It catches your eye when you come off a certain corner.

Bar this I'm loving Sierra.
👍
 
Last edited:
Sierra looks beautiful but it is pushing the PS3 hard. You can see a fine almost mesh like texture on many grass verges while there are trees which wouldn't look out of place in Minecraft. Also, in Replays there can be significant texture flicker.

This doesn't bother me in the slightest as I'm loving pounding around this gorgeous location. Remember all new circuits are made for PS4 and graphically pulled back with lower resolution textures and reduced poly count for all assets.

One issue which is a little annoying is the invisible walls. They are too close to the track and there are some about 0.5m in front of the red and white barriers.

The lake is also dreadful. No animation is bad enough but would be somewhat acceptable if it resembled water. I just think that surely PD could have improved where the square sections are so prominent. It catches your eye when you come off a certain corner.

Bar this I'm loving Sierra.
👍
actually... minecraft trees and pixelixed structures bothers me :) but it is a nice track to drive :) happy driving
 
One issue which is a little annoying is the invisible walls. They are too close to the track and there are some about 0.5m in front of the red and white barriers.

The lake is also dreadful. No animation is bad enough but would be somewhat acceptable if it resembled water. I just think that surely PD could have improved where the square sections are so prominent. It catches your eye when you come off a certain corner.

Bar this I'm loving Sierra.
👍

^^ definitely some items to address.

but surely if it's pushing the console so hard they could bugger off as lot of the useless junk that's around the track
I.e, waving GT6 flags/ banners, etc
get rid of the tall wire "fences" for standard Armco railings or just the white concrete blocks
 
just downloaded the new update..then tried the gtr nismo in the new circuit.. and it was very bad....it was like an old arcade game. like the gt4 track . unlike when i play in a diff. track like silverstone , the graphics are bold and realistic... the particles of the road are also disturbing me..have you discovered it also.. share me your thoughts pls :)


What tv are you using? I have a full 1080x1920 hd with 200hz screen and I have no problem.
It could be your leads I have gold tipped hdmi and there fine with the ps3.
 
I saw a reddish glowing particle come from one of the cars I was following , it looked like the driver had tossed a cigarette butt out the window.
 
I saw a reddish glowing particle come from one of the cars I was following , it looked like the driver had tossed a cigarette butt out the window.
Sounds like your ps3 is on the way out. Might want to look into reapplying thermal paste. Or another novel way of reducing internal temps.
 
The reason why this track doesn't look right is because this track was made with the upcoming COURSE MAKER! I know this because of the way the terrain looks and the way the track loads in the distance. Also because of the way the invisible barriers work. You know that hard turn that has that wall, but when you brake too late and you think your going to hit it, but instead you hit an invisible wall 2 feet in front of it? That is a huge sign that the track was procedurally generated, which means COURSE MAKER!

This shows that the Course Maker is coming soon! Maybe on update 1.14!
 
Because of the way the invisible barriers work. You know that hard turn that has that wall, but when you brake too late and you think your going to hit it, but instead you hit an invisible wall 2 feet in front of it? That is a huge sign that the track was procedurally generated

Not sure but it really makes sense to me,since Sierra was the only track so far that I see that many invisible walls. 👍
 
actually... minecraft trees and pixelixed structures bothers me :) but it is a nice track to drive :) happy driving
A video of your problem will be better.
 
If there's invisible walls everywhere then there's no need for armco and fences etc, they should've left it bare so it feels like a nice cruise along a spanish b-road imo :indiff:
 
Back