Strange, Psychic Song TitlesMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter 911_Carrera
  • 6 comments
  • 905 views
Messages
5,753
I was wondering if any of you hear a song and think to yourself that the title means a lot more now than it did when it was thought up originally.

Michael Jackson - "Smooth Criminal" comes to mind. :dopey:

Any that are sadistic or downright hilarious will be fun to see. 👍
 
Feeder - forget about tomorrow. quite simply because comfort in sound was amazing, and their next album, Pushing the senses, sucked donkey nuts. so yes, i will be forgetting about tomorrow :)
 
This one is more poignant than hilarious/sadistic, but I think of Ayrton Senna everytime I hear Meatloaf's "Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are"

Meatloaf
But I can still recall the sting of all the tears when he was gone
They said he crashed and burned
I know I’ll never learn why any boy should die so young
We were racing, we were soldiers of fortune
We got in trouble but we sure got around
There are times I think I see him peeling out of the dark
I think he’s right behind me now and he’s gaining ground

I know Ayrton didn't burn, but the rest of the lyrics make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I'm sure it was released as a single in April/May 1994 and Ayrton died on 1st May 1994.
 
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Castles Made Of Sand

Brilliant song, probably Hendrix's best songwriting effort. Just shows how we really have absolutely no control over our destiny, no matter how strong our dreams may be.
 
Lynyrd Skynyrd's last album before the plane crashed that killed band leader Ronnie Van Zant and two other members of the band, was called 'Street Survivors' :ouch:

The crash happened 3 days after the release of the album, and the original cover showed the band surrounded by flames.

edit: the final song on the album was called 'Ain't No Good Life', written by Steve Gaines, who was also killed in the crash... :nervous:
 
Van Halen came out with '5150' which was the first album without Dave Lee Roth. They called it 5150 because of the similar titled song which was a message to David. "Why dry the line! I'll meet you half the way!" But, he did end it all. Because he was selfish. "Always one more. You're never satisfied. It's never 'one for all', with you, it's only 'one for me!'" So, the song was called 5150 because that's the California police code for the criminaly insane. In other words, they were calling him crazy for ending it all, and for being so selfish.

David then comes out with 'Crazy From the Heat!' His excuse for being so crazy. In this album, he had a response to the song 5150. The song was called "Goin' Crazy!" The lyrics in that song went like this, "I might be going 'coconuts', but at least I'm going my way" Also he had, "I wanted to live it up. I wanted to quit my job. So, I told my boss to 'go to hell!'" He then came out with an album titled 'Eat'm and Smile.' To which Van Halen responded with 'OU812.'

This probably has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but it's the only thing I could think of for so late in the day and I'm too tired to give a damn.
 
heres some funny ones by minus the bear, well all of them :lol:
this is what i know about being gigantic
1. Hey, Wanna Throw Up? Get Me Naked
2. Lemurs, Man, Lemurs
3. Untitled
4. Intro
5. Just Kickin' It Like A Wild Donkey
6. Potato Juice & Liquid Bread
7. Pantsuit, Uggghhh

they make beer commercials like this
1. Fine + 2 Pts.
2. Let's Play Clowns
3. Dog Park
4. I'm Totally Not Down With Rob's Alien
5. Hey! Is That A Ninja Up There?
6. Pony Up!

highly refined pirates
1. Thanks For The Killer Game Of Crisco Twister
2. Monkey!!!Knife!!!Fight!!!
3. Absinthe Party At The Fly Honey Warehouse
4. Hey Wanna Throw Up?
5. Get Me Naked 2: Electric Boogaloo
6. We Are Not A Football Team
7. You Kill Bugs Good, Man
8. Spritz!!!Spritz!!!
9. Women We Haven't Met Yet
10. Damn Bugs Whacked Him, Johnny
11. I Lost All My Money At The Cockfights
12. Andy Wolff
13. Let's Play Guitar In A Five Guitar Band
14. Booyah Achieved
 
Back