Strange thing in replays

• Thread starter CHEN255
  • 9 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
chen-255
So I read in the official forums that the drivers helmet and racing suit changes design from session to session (apparently not a bug but a design decision) and I thought when I was watching a saved replay of mine that it might happen there too. So I watched it once from the saved replay section and noted the helmet and racing suit, then watched it again straight after and sure enough, they were different. I think it's odd because isn't the replay a recording of the race, why would those things keep changing?? Not a game breaker, just strange.

Last edited:
I'm not 100% on this but I'm sure replays are just a set of instructions for the car(s) to follow rather than an actual recording of the races as that would likely take up a lot more storage space.

That said I haven't really noticed this before, I just assumed the racing suit changed with each livery rather than each time you race.

The best thing about replays is if you have visual damage only on and smash parts of the body off, after a few corners the damage will magically repair itself until the car looks pristine again.

Handy, that.

The best thing about replays is if you have visual damage only on and smash parts of the body off, after a few corners the damage will magically repair itself until the car looks pristine again.

Handy, that.
This also happens in replays if you have full damage on.

Handy, that.

Weirder than that..... if you are watching a replay and get to a point where you lose a piece of bodywork, if you rewind, the bodywork doesnt join back on.

Weirder than that..... if you are watching a replay and get to a point where you lose a piece of bodywork, if you rewind, the bodywork doesnt join back on.
It's things like this that I find strange that the devs never noticed it happening. Or perhaps they did. Sure, they're busy people, but someone must've seen it happen and raised it as an issue. Ironing out little niggles like this goes a long way.
Or did they put it in just to confuse our minds?

And sometimes you can loose two wheels, rewind and they don't go back on. The reply with then play from the start but with the wheels missing. Formula Rookie is a good one to see that.

Back