Streaming Spotify over Airplay on Android

sesselpupser

Bearded Member
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
neema_t
So I'm just wondering if this is possible, I've only recently gotten an Android phone and I use Spotify instead of loading my ITunes library on it. I also have a MacBook Air and I live with a ton of Mac and iPhone users, so it makes sense to (try to) stick with AirPlay. The receiver I want to use is a Raspberry Pi running some... Thing. ShairPlay? ShairPort? I forget.

Anyway, what I want is a way to stream Spotify from my phone (which is an Xperia Z5 Compact running Android 5.1.1 which isn't rooted... Yet) that is compatible with AirPlay. Failing that, an alternative that may work with a Raspberry Pi that's hooked up to some speakers would be great!

My own receiver (Denon AVR X2000) supports both DLNA and AirPlay, so for iOS devices I use AirPlay and for Android devices I use DLNA. That's another option to investigate.

My own receiver (Denon AVR X2000) supports both DLNA and AirPlay, so for iOS devices I use AirPlay and for Android devices I use DLNA. That's another option to investigate.

Hm, interesting. How does it handle two devices attempting to connect to each service at the same time? I wonder if the Pi could be programmed to offer both but reject connections to one if the other is in use...

My receiver only allows one at a time, so if I'm streaming from one device via Airplay, then connect another via DLNA, the first one is disconnected. Not sure how that would work if you have a little server running with two services.

A Raspberry Pi with XBMC Linux distro (Forgot the name) would work great for this, however, I don't know if you can stream Spotify over DLNA.

Back