Street Cars Or Race Cars?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 2' started by Shiftlockin, Jul 2, 2015.

?

Are you a street racer or a downforce master?

1. I prefer street cars - they feel more natural plus I get to drift more!

2. I prefer race cars - they put down killer lap times!

3. Who cares? Racing is racing.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Shiftlockin

Shiftlockin

What do you enjoy driving more? I just love street cars so much more and wondered if I was the only one. I think it feels more like you're driving for real, it teaches you to be a better driver (usually less forgiving) and you get to drift like a madman without downforce getting in the way.
    I made a GT2 save solely dedicated to drifting street cars.
    So what are you into?

2. GTPVenomZombie

GTPVenomZombie

I would say both. Because I like it fast paced going around the corners in some race cars and the way they drive. But I also like Street Cars because they are beautiful (most cars are, even race cars/rally and more), and they are nice to cruise and drift. Especially in GT2 where they made the Turbo hissing noise. Was and still is nothing better driving a street car in GT2 hearing the hissing noise. Relaxing, and sounds amazing! Their is more I could say but tonight I cant think straight straight haha so I`ll leave it here.

Shiftlockin likes this.
  3. Shiftlockin

Shiftlockin

Ah the GT2 turbo sounds! This alone makes GT2 my favorite one of them all... Very relaxing indeed, it also helps you keep a solid driving rhythm, blow-off valves during lift-off etc. The Mugen Integra Turbo also comes to mind, with its VTEC kicking in 500-ish rpm early, coupled with turbo induction hiss, sweet.

And yes street cars may be beautiful but there is something about defying grip physics in race cars like the Skyline Silhouette isnt there? The corners that car pulls off, I swear it would just roll in real life :)

4. TheEvstar93

TheEvstar93

I usually go towards the street cars that can be race modified. I just like them more and I always found them fascinating as a kid. A few are kinda dull but others look amazing!

5. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Street cars for sure, and this is how I voted. It's not just the fact that we can build an ordinary dealer's model into something spectacular, I also find that street cars often have more power options for tuning's sake. We can fine-tune these models with different configurations.

I'm not saying I've never driven/raced something which comes ready for full track racing, but when given a choice, I'd rather race an ordinary Viper GTS with the body kit instead of an Oreca Viper.

6. m2595

m2595

I like racing cars better, huge amounts of grip and downforce and you can still drift these with the right setup and without losing the opportunity of grip-driving. I'm all about going faster and faster and setting lap records, drifting isn't my cup of tea (at least not in GT2, GT1 is another story though). Plus, racing cars just look better and have better sound to me (well, most of them). My favourite is probably the Silhouette Skyline, but there are others as well.

7. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Racing cars. I'd like to go as fast as possible :D Although in later games I tend to like road cars more as the low speed physics improved.

8. Kingofweasles

Kingofweasles

Honestly? I enjoy both. Sometimes I want to enjoy driving a particular car or class of racing and settle into a rhythm of running Production Car races, while other times I like busting out Racing Cars to go as fast as possible.