Street race rivals

Street race rivals, what was playground thinking when the put in the street race rivals. It`s ridicules if you make a rival make then dam sure that we all have the same traffic. Now it`s more dumb luck than it has to do with how you drive. This is not the way the rivals shut be.

It's the same with the star showdowns, it is really down to luck but I've never really had any problems with it, sometimes it actually finds me time like it did with the Ramona Cravache showdown where I ran quite wide because of traffic and carried a lot more speed than my previous best.

Weaving through traffic while racing your friends is cute at first, but there becomes a point when beating your rival requires a near-perfect run and certain corners or sections simply cannot have any traffic in the way. Not only do you have to be fast, you also have to be lucky enough to be provided a traffic pattern that will allow you to be fast.

It leads to a lot of restarts. I refuse to take victory by rewind.

The track days rivals in FM4 present similar problems. It's telling that Horizon doesn't penalise drivers for rewinding during a rivals challenge though.

I wish they separated the rankings like FM4, or at least labelled the entries for that. It's not a big deal though. It's not like I'm entitled to the #1 spot, so other drivers "cheating" with rewind doesn't bother me.

Back