Street races

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 13 comments
misteruno1
I am doing a lot of street racing at Gladstone, car of choice at the moment is the Gallardo performante (amazing car), what races/cars are you getting your kicks from?

I'm grinding Freeway Blast(?) with my Aventador. It's working pretty well in helping me get the more expensive cars. I got the Ferrari 599XX Evo and the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento in a pretty short amount of time with this race.

I'm grinding Freeway Blast(?) with my Aventador. It's working pretty well in helping me get the more expensive cars. I got the Ferrari 599XX Evo and the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento in a pretty short amount of time with this race.

Wait what's freeway blast and how is it getting you Cr? And have you not done the championship race to win your obscene amount of money? Lol

Wait what's freeway blast and how is it getting you Cr?

It's a R3 race at the street racing hub in the canyon area. With my difficulty settings, I make 88,000 Cr. per win.

And have you not done the championship race to win your obscene amount of money? Lol

I haven't gotten that far. I'm not focused on making progress in the game right now. Besides, I only grind this race during the weekdays, when I have very little time for video games.

I've been enjoying "street racing" against my friends on Rivals, but the traffic is insane at times. There's a certain point when weaving through traffic simply isn't fast enough, and you have to hope you don't encounter any in key locations in the first place.

Goliath is kind of a speed freaks paradise, but I have made a ton of credits on sunset dam , among others. Once you beat Darius, you get real rich real quick, then when you beat him in the star challenge, you snatch his Ferrari 599xx off him :) Which was sweet even though I already had one by then. Nice payoffs.

My favs are; 458 Italia (both of them)
ENZO :)
Gallardo (both of them)
GT-R Black Edition
Aventador.

Here's the list of cars I use for street races and they are all upgraded to the limit of the R3(800) class. The AWD cars tend to be more fun but the RWD cars add a bit more variety to keep things interesting.

AWD Fun
'12 Audi R8 GT Spyder
'12 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
'10 Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV
'11 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Spyder Performante
'11 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
'09 Lamborghini Reventon Roadster
'06 Lamborghini Miura Concept
'12 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
'11 RUF Rt 12 R (Just recently purchased this car and can't say I like it)

RWD Fun
'12 8C Spider
'12 Ascari KZ1R
'09 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
'12 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
'11 Ferrari 458 Spider
'07 Ferrari 430 Scuderia (Just recently purchased)
'05 Ford GT
'13 Ford Shelby GT500
'66 GT40 MKII
'12 Jaguar XKR-S
'11 Koeningsegg Agera
'10 Lexus LF-A
'11 McLaren MP4-12C
'10 Noble M600
'12 Pagani Huayra
'11 RUF RGT-8
'12 Shelby 1000
'05 TVR Sagaris
'13 Viper GTS

You guys should try out an S class 595.. That thing is so hilarious to drive and burn up the road. Passing supercars has never been so fun. Make sure there's no straights though, because you top out at 150 lol.

The last race was really easy using a McLaren F1.

The SSX Ultimate Aero I won seems impossible to drive without traction control though.

The last race was really easy using a McLaren F1.

The SSX Ultimate Aero I won seems impossible to drive without traction control though.

I think its SSC... Lol but all cars are driveable without traction control, you just can't floor it all the time! Go try the Hennessey Venom GT maxed out and let me know what you think :lol:

I think its SSC... Lol but all cars are driveable without traction control, you just can't floor it all the time! Go try the Hennessey Venom GT maxed out and let me know what you think :lol:
I used a max'd Venom to beat Darius... Frustrating, that's what it was :lol:

My favourite cars to cruise around in:

F50GT
NSX-R GT
C63 AMG Black Series
Fairlady Z 427
Viper ACR-X
Radical SR8
NA Miata

Whoops how embarrassing lol. The thing felt like driving a snowboard anyway ;)

I think if I use the Venom to race I'll end up punching a hole through my controller due to repeated use of the rewind button.

I decided to stop grinding the Freeway Blast race. I realized that for me, it's better to find the most fun way to grind rather than the most quick way.

So I've been testing the upgrade setups for my cars to see how well they do using the street races, starting with my lowest class cars. For my Class D cars, I have setups from Class C to A. I've tested the 240SX, Miata and now I'm in the middle of doing the Corolla. So far, I've made a little over a million credits. I can only imagine how much money I'll have once I'm all done. Sure, this may take longer than grinding with the Aventador but this is much more enjoyable. I may start doing something similar to this for FM4 since I think Rivals can be a chore at times.

Back