Street View Edition: Did You See Anything Good Today?

• Thread starter mazda787
  • 14 comments
United States
Virginia
bab2390
I "walk" around places in Google street view sometimes, so I thought it would be cool to post cars here that you find interesting. I know this is very subjective, and the rules of the original "Did You See Anything Good Today?" thread can't apply to this thread, so I think each post should adhere to the following rules (open to suggestions):
  • Only up to 7 screenshots per post .
  • A brief summary for each shot on why you think it is interesting.
  • Minimum wait time of 24 hours to post screenshots again (regular replies ok).
I'll start off with this I saw while looking around Japan:

harrier.png

This caught my eye because this looked like it should be a Lexus (I am in the US) but the badging was not recognizable (until I zoomed in on the wheel and saw the Toyota logo), and after a little research found out that it is a Toyota Harrier and apparently also comes with a non-corporate badge on the grille.

I’m not sure if a family member’s car parked in familiar locations can count, but I’ve always found my old man’s V10 ram pretty interesting. Captured here outside my old work, with an empty car trailer, the photo must have been taken when I’d switched cars with him last year so I could take the race car to the dyno shop.

I did go to the dyno shop but either the photos were from a different time or our car was safely locked away :lol:
342EA9BD-FFCA-4C84-B838-0CCE2491E33B.jpeg

Just around the corner, a slightly more genuine spot. A pair of very rare Holden Monaro coupes at a workshop. I’m no Holden expert, so perhaps a fellow poster can clear up what model/year they are :)
9D316932-CA84-4FA3-8517-03399D1E78F2.jpeg
Funnily, a shot into the same yard, from around the corner was taken at a different time. The two old Monaros are gone and instead, there’s a late model CV8 shell in a similar state.
4382F8B0-6CD0-4E2C-B9DF-688002555B8F.jpeg
Part of me hopes that the same guy owns all three and that by now, they’re all fully restored in a garage together :)

I need to find the footage from my dashcam while I was driving behind the Google maps/street view car while it was filming and when I do, I'll post a picture.

Last week, I went up to NJ for a few family events with my parents. Anyway, once during a drive around the town we were staying in, I passed by a small exotic car dealership (I posted pictures in the regular DYSAGT thread). I decided to go look up the dealership on google maps and found something that caught my eye. That yellow car in the picture is a Quave Mangusta.
AutoExotica Screenshot.png

About 15 minutes ago I was filmed by a passing street view car. I'm now officially an internet movie star.

What have we got tucked away at the back of this Japanese backstreet garage... Some very cute Subies.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 2.37.15 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 2.37.15 PM.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 16
I guess this is the place to put this even though it's not a popular thread. Was looking around California for roads that looked fun to drive on and clicked on one to see how it looked with street view. And to my surprise this was following the Google camera car...

1634093480646.png

Man, this is addicting. Having a look through The Bronx at my old neighbourhoods, where I used to live and many relatives. Checked out the used car dealerships from the time I left the US, through to the latest captures. Bugged out. Of course, had to narrow it down due to OP rules. :)

From the PJs:
Taurus SHO(?)
126B6C3C-1BC6-41CA-AB25-541EC7754B14.jpeg

old school two-tone ES.
743626FB-BBFC-4D14-AC62-37DF894FDA21.jpeg

Jetta(?) on some fake BBS
E0B1A841-B0C8-4F30-B846-0DD088883CE5.jpeg

XB(gB :sly: )
A46BBA81-7AF7-4F08-9E2D-9DCF06A4549E.jpeg

Test drove a rusted & busted ‘85 Saab 900T(back in ‘94, a year before I bought my 9000T) from this place, around the corner from one of my Aunts. It had an NA FC RX-7 on the lot, a 4000CS Quattro(trunk lock was busted) and a 505 wagon(auto) the same time. One of my work partners wanted me to get the Peugeot.
Scrolling through the years, it went from a variety of coupes and sedans to straight vans and suvs now. Fun stuff.
1913A2CA-437C-48A3-8C2D-92D1BCECF01D.jpeg

Back