Strings!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryan2
  • 13 comments
  • 634 views
Messages
3,769
Alright, what does everyone here use for guitar strings?

I use Ernie Ball Super Slinkies, i absolutely love how they play and feel but they break all the time. Anyone have a better alternative, that won't cost me as much money as buying new packs of strings all the time?
 
I use those for all my fixed bridge guitars. For my Floyd Roses, I like D'Addario EXL120's.
 
D'Addario EXL120's on the electric, also a Floyd Rose
D'Addario EJ16 on the acoustic
 
Yeah, the Music Man's got a trem so I think that's why they're breaking so much.
 
Ryan
Alright, what does everyone here use for guitar strings?

I use Ernie Ball Super Slinkies, i absolutely love how they play and feel but they break all the time. Anyone have a better alternative, that won't cost me as much money as buying new packs of strings all the time?

Same here. They breal a lot, but they play real nice. I'll occasionally splurge for some Elixers, but that's not too often. I might try some D'Addario's soon, as I hear they are very nice.
 
I've got a fixed bridge, so I use the Ernie Balls. I don't break 'em too often, but they do corrode when I let the guitar sit, even though I wipe it down before I put it away.
 
If you're "trem happy" step up to the next higher gauge.
I tend to use whatever's cheap on my electric. Currently Peavey Electric strings (a .010-046 set, I believe)

My acoustic has a set of Dean Markley.011-052's on at the moment. Next change she gets to wear a set of Fender strings. *dance of joy*.
 
Wow cool. I didn't realize there were so many guitar players on GTP 👍

I use D'Addario XL .009s on the Ibanez. Switched over from GHS Boomers long ago.

I forget what's on the Ovation right now... Dean Markleys I think. Honestly, its been 12-16 months since I've put new strings on that one...


M
 
D'addario EJ44 - Extra Hard Tension strings on my classical guitar!
 
Fender Super Bullets in .10 on the electric and Martin Acoustic SP in .12 on the acoustic obviously. I've never broken a string but do change them on a 2 month basis.
 
Piglet
Fender Super Bullets in .10 on the electric and Martin Acoustic SP in .12 on the acoustic obviously. I've never broken a string but do change them on a 2 month basis.
I like the Dean Markeley and the Fenders, because they last just as long as the Martins. And to me, the same gauges feels a bit gentler on the fingers.
 
I used D'Addario .09's on my MIM Fat Strat. Now I use DR tite-fit .09's.

On my cheap Hohner acoustic, I use DR Rares (.11's).
 
i use whatever came with my ibanez bass...theres a tag that says equipped with d'aquisto musical instrument strings if that means anything
 
Boomer 10's always on my electrics. I'm not really picky about my acoustics, I like 12's & D'Adarrio 80/20 3-packs are usually on sale.
 
Back