Strong points of FM4?

United States
Colorado
Just Chyllan
So we've been talking about what we don't like a lot lately due to FM5 expectations, GT, PC, etc.

I wanna hear what everyone thinks T10 did really well with FM4?

I enjoy the game all around but I think they nailed the S class small circuit experience and drifting but I thought drifting was solid in FM3.

So what did you guys like about FM4? :cheers:

The game is great looking, and the sounds are amazing. The customizing aspect is good, not as far reaching as I would want but it is decent enough. And the game brings a heap of novelty with the car DLC.

That's about it in my book.

The tire model Is fantastic, but they need to work on the weight of he cars and the race cars have too little grip. They are also to loose at he back end. Remodel the ring as well I would say.

Quite a number of things from the visuals to the engine sounds to the physics.

All in all, one of the most polished titles you could pick up on an X360. T10's expertise really shows in this one: truly a game by car lovers for car lovers.

Yes indeedy!

FM4's strong points are pretty self-evident when you play it. I can't really name individual things because I would have to name almost everything.

It's a great game that's flawed, not a flawed game with some great points.

FM4's strong points are pretty self-evident when you play it. I can't really name individual things because I would have to name almost everything.

It's a great game that's flawed, not a flawed game with some great points.

Well said! I just wanted to see what people enjoyed because it was done well.

I never played FM3 so I can't say where they improved dramatically but they did a great job with the tire physics, engine sounds, car selection and above all great race customization in online lobbies (choose AI cars, number of laps, handicaps, etc....) which makes racing a real challenge and fun

I love the game (brakes are still quirky to me) but I love to play in the paint shop and livery editor and auction house. 85% of the time I'm customizing but we need more fonts, shapes and WHITE wheels when you spray WHITE wheels and spray/powder coat factory wheels (it's done in real life too! Great game though, sounds BLOW GT5 away...

I love this game...I have been a Consoul Racer ever since Excite Bike but I have always used a controler. A little less that a year ago I purchased a Fanatec wheel/stand/clubsport pedals and had a brand new game. Since Horizon and COD has came out I havent been playing it as much. But for the last few days I have been wanting to get back into it. Last night I put the game in with my rig and could not believe how great this game feels. For the first time I used my H-Shifter and WOW..It took a couple races to get used to but once I did I could swear I smelt Avgas in the room.....One of the only games I enjoy playing Single Player..good job

So we've been talking about what we don't like a lot lately due to FM5 expectations, GT, PC, etc.

I wanna hear what everyone thinks T10 did really well with FM4?

I enjoy the game all around but I think they nailed the S class small circuit experience and drifting but I thought drifting was solid in FM3.

So what did you guys like about FM4? :cheers:

I didn't like the drifting in FM3. There was a slight steering lag when trying to drift in any course. You would have to counter steer earlier than usual in FM4. FM4 is more realistic, more responsive, and is easier to drift. Just saying ! If you would like to drift with me, message me. xX Nuzzoz Xx

I didn't like the drifting in FM3. There was a slight steering lag when trying to drift in any course. You would have to counter steer earlier than usual in FM4.
Yes, I thought this was incredibly strange. If you didn't snap into countersteer right away, you'd lose it every time. But if you immediately gave it just a dab of countersteer, then you could do whatever you want with the countersteer afterwards and everything would be fine.

The tire model was also way, way too grippy, making ~300hp a bare minimum for effective drifting.

Do you like Horizon better as an overall game ? Not for the free roaming, but as far as upgrading and tuning the car for different purposes.
There's only upgrading, no tuning. You "tune" with your part choices though. For example, if you need more top end because you're hitting the RPM limiter, you go equip a race transmission. You can even tell how much it'll help by the "speed" rating. If it jumps up 3.0 points, then you know it's probably worth it.

Just a different way of approaching things. I'd say Horizon also offers a wider variety of "purposes" for cars, given the variety of roads/highways. 👍

I noticed the drifting in FM4, the initial drift was hard to catch and you always had to take less aggressive angles, transitioning I didn't think it was too bad.

More cars suited to the enthusiast, be they muscle, JDM, euro, hatchback or classic is the biggest point for me.

The Alps track is a stunner and quite nice to drive for such a wide track. FM5 will need more, newer tracks though to keep it fresh.

It looks and sounds great, too.

The way it drives is the best of all, though. I can sense I'm missing it, even though I'm enjoying Horizon a lot.

This is one title on the X360 that'll keep me interested until the 5th installment arrives. Why you might wonder?

It just feels like.... you're THERE. Too many things that got nailed just right! Too many to mention in one thread! :bowdown:

this is my first forza game so can't compare to previous versions but comparing to gt5 and just in general I think the engine sounds are great. I like the fact that so many different cars seem to be unique. also, really enjoy the rivals mode.

I like the huge level cap and amount of events to complete. It makes the game last quite a long time.

One of my main complaints about GT5 was the fact that you could complete all the single player events just days after buying it (Which I did). And the Seasonal events aren't enough to fill the void.

What I like very much about Forza is the fact that you can make almost any race against the AI challenging by changing your opponents settings. In GT5 you are always facing the same opponents so the only way to change the difficulty is by changing your own car or your car settings (like your tyres).

In Forza 4 you can create almost any game settings you like. For example I like to relive the races from "Best Motoring International", which can be found on the "GT Channel" on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCQjJzFttHxRQPlqpoWnQOpw). Those japanese race drivers put different cars on the tracks of Tsukuba or Motegi and race them for a few laps. You can repeat that experience in Forza 4 by creating your own private Online race.

For example here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE5M_CHfWR8 they race a Nissan GTR against a Porsche Turbo, a Lamborghini Murcielago, a Lamborghini Gallardo and a Lotus Exige. Very funny to watch and even more fun to "participate" ;-)

My biggest strong point has to be the car selection. I love how they actually have a selection of American cars (along with other countries) that usually aren't featured in other games (or never e.g. Wrangler, Vandura, Sy/Ty). Every other racing game (excluding the GT series) seems to have the same 100 or so car list featuring every popular exotic, muscle/sports car, and tuner.

What I like very much about Forza is the fact that you can make almost any race against the AI challenging by changing your opponents settings.
Enthusia Professional Racing allowed you to hand-pick your opponents down to the paint color. That lent so much replay value to the game it's not even funny. So many things you can do -- "team" racing, reuniting retro touring cars, recreating showdowns from popular media, any theme you could possibly want. I hope FM5 won't require a paid subscription to do this, much less to choose the number of laps.

This may seem minor but I liked how in Forza 4 you could do an engine swap and keep your car front, rear or awd. In previous games whatever motor you swapped in you had to switch to the drivetrain of the car the engine came out of. I also like the amount of cars that were available for tuning on the game.

FM4 has quite a handful of strengths, which can certainly be appreciated, if folks but their gripes aside for a moment!

Furthermore, F4 is without a doubt, the most complete sim ever released on a console. Period. I believe, by the time FM6 comes out, they would have pretty much perfected it to the point, where it may very well have NO competition at all!

Well to me the best addition to Forza 4 was the rivals mode, that is pretty cool in general, would be better if it encompassed all the tracks and classes. Of course even in rivals there is something that I don;t care for and that being the so called track day events where you have the super slow cars weaving all over and you are supposed to get through them quick without bumping them. For me that is just a PITA

I still think Forza 2 was better than 3 or 4 but 4 did at least fix the AWD swap issues from 3 and they gave us back a method to create a public lobby though they are not as popular as they were/are in 2.

Honestly I thought Forza 2 did a lot of things right and I believe it was a mistake by T10 to change some of those things. Things like the public race lobbies, car classes, local leader boards, career leaderboards, exhibition modes for online and off line and of course the tournaments. I also liked the fact that you had an option in Forza 2 to buy/sell a car with the paint locked or unlocked and you could gift them to a friend if you wanted.

After FM2 they improved the graphics, added a few cool tracks, no idea why they remove 2 of the good ones in Forza 4 [Rally Positano and Lemans Buggati] and the rivals mode. They attempted to add drag racing and drifting but did not do a very good job of it. I guess it is better than nothing for those who like it but far short of some other games I have played.

So Strengths,
Graphics
16 car lobbies
Rivals mode
Easy to earn credits to buy cars.

Beyond that I prefer the FM2 over 4

Latest Posts

Back