Struggle to find good online racing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sail IC
  • 9 comments
  • 1,096 views
Messages
1,019
Messages
johnkiller2
I'm pretty new to the GT world (three months), but I did enjoyed a lot the GP5P expert online racing at the Suzuka and Fuji events adn I was reasonable competitive.

Until now I spent time going through the A-Series and yesterday I tried online and struggled to find good racing.

My problems.

I like to race agains cars tuned to the same HP/Weight/Tire/drivetrain level. The PP system in GT5P enabled that but I cannot find anything in GT5 to this point.

Not until joining a room I can see what kind of cars they are using. When so, they either use higher or lower performance cars then I have selected, and there doesn't seem to be a way to access your own garage when in a room. There is a "Garage" button, but thats not my garage and I want to race with my own tuned cars.

There is a lot of crash&bang racers out there. In GT5P most of those racers played at the beginner/intermediate level, but once starting to race the expert races most of the drivers played fair (not all but most).

Given this racing online at GT5 was no fun. GT5P was much better in this respect ----- so far

Anyone else with similar issues, or how do you approach online racing
 
If you favourite your cars, you can use them online.

GL finding a good race.
 
I don't quite understand online..I cannot see the host's car for some reason....

it's all quite weird...I excepted foul players or rude players in public races..but last night I could not figure out how to setup an efficient race with GTP players online....
 
I favorited my best cars and still can't access them in the online garage. Can you expand on this as i might be missing something. I can't find good races online either as everyone is free running for excessive minutes while the room is full of racers ready to go!
 
This is exactly how I feel, I have been racing online all night and not once have I found competitive racing or anywhere near. The cars people use are completely random however there is a max hp option in the restrictions while hosting a game, but nobody uses it. You should be getting money and exp for racing online also.
 
This is exactly how I feel, I have been racing online all night and not once have I found competitive racing or anywhere near. The cars people use are completely random however there is a max hp option in the restrictions while hosting a game, but nobody uses it. You should be getting money and exp for racing online also.

the upcoming patch should fix the issue of matchmaking I think.
 
Befriend some of the racers here and find their rooms. That's my plan. Feel free to add me if you wish: CraigKast.
 
start your own server, make your own rules.
 
Last edited:
start you own server, make your own rules.

Yes. I try to make the room comment meaningful.

If you see "650 HP Supercar" it's probably my room.

Sadly, you can't change the comment after making a room.

Dead on about PP too. I can't imagine any sane reason to remove it.
 
I haven't found anywhere that you can limit the players in the race by license either. Maybe I am wrong, but I thought you could do that on the prologue. It would be nice to limit the players to just an S License so you knew that you had payers that can drive. Guess you put in your time online (like other parts of the game) and eventually you will find 15 others who race like you?
 
Back