Stuck connecting to online lobby?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maccer_42
  • 7 comments
  • 854 views
Messages
1,049
United Kingdom
England
Is anyone else getting anything similar?

Just trying to find out if I'm alone in experiencing this or if others are getting the same.

It seems to happen to me at least once during any session I play GT6, I click to join a lobby and the loading bar stops at half way with "Connecting to network..." displaying. I'm unable to press Circle to cancel out back to the menu.
My PS button is still responsive and I can get access to the XMB to sign out of PSN but even that doesn't cancel the stuck connection.
What is most annoying about this is it doesn't seem to trigger any sort of connection timed out message that would send me back to the main menu, the only way to get out of it is to quit the game.
 
Used to happen to me in GT5 once in a while but I don't think I've had it in GT6 yet, although I'm not online much anymore.
 
Is anyone else getting anything similar?

Just trying to find out if I'm alone in experiencing this or if others are getting the same.

It seems to happen to me at least once during any session I play GT6, I click to join a lobby and the loading bar stops at half way with "Connecting to network..." displaying. I'm unable to press Circle to cancel out back to the menu.
My PS button is still responsive and I can get access to the XMB to sign out of PSN but even that doesn't cancel the stuck connection.
What is most annoying about this is it doesn't seem to trigger any sort of connection timed out message that would send me back to the main menu, the only way to get out of it is to quit the game.
 
Is anyone else getting anything similar?

Just trying to find out if I'm alone in experiencing this or if others are getting the same.

It seems to happen to me at least once during any session I play GT6, I click to join a lobby and the loading bar stops at half way with "Connecting to network..." displaying. I'm unable to press Circle to cancel out back to the menu.
My PS button is still responsive and I can get access to the XMB to sign out of PSN but even that doesn't cancel the stuck connection.
What is most annoying about this is it doesn't seem to trigger any sort of connection timed out message that would send me back to the main menu, the only way to get out of it is to quit the game.
 
Sorry for double post, not sure what was going on.
Anyway Maccer, the same thing has happened to me sometimes, and although the loading bar gets stuck for ages, it does then come up with the 'Failed to Connect '' message.
Are you giving it enough time before quitting the game ?
 
Maccer, I get that behaviour a lot. I also lose connection after joining a room quite often. I have tried everything including using a wired connection to the PS3. My latest ploy has been to change ISPs with only a small improvement. I guess my connection just sucks.
My strongest grievance is that when I am forced to use the SMB to quit the game I also lose any tune changes and winnings from that online session. The game must not save that data until after making a graceful exit from online. Just one more failure of PD ...
 
Constantly.
Most often from in online race menus- sometimes wipes me out half way through a lap. And LOTS of other players too.

Sometimes we lose sound, then game freezes. Like you I must quit game from ps3 XMB menu. Or turn ps3 off altogether. Often I get a 3 beep restart, sometimes then a message goes to sony about what caused the system crash, sometimes machine must check itself.
Seems to me to be worse since last patch. I'm here now because I gave up trying to get online and play, 3 crashes in first hour today, 2 with 3 beep restarts.
S u x is what it does
*EDIT* 1 hour later I try again, then below(next post) is what happened. Here we go again, 4 so far 1.13pm
 
Last edited:
Check out my latest screenshots of my most common online experience with GT6. I get to do this over and over every time I try to play GT6. 2 of these freezes in an hour, you are lucky to get 1 maybe 2 races in an hour. What a joke.
Enjoy. I can't...
proboccurred_zpsee1ff465.jpg

probreportdisclaimer_zps33ae0fb2.jpg

probsent_zps17a7ab01.jpg

systemcheck_zps9212af22.jpg
 
Back