Stuck in career progression - and various questions from a newbie

• Thread starter jrkob
  • 23 comments
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Hello guys, I am new to this forum and am a little stuck.

I have started GT7 a few hours ago only, so obviously I am very new. I am stuck in GT Cafe #4: Championship: High Speed Ring Track Day. In order to complete this "book", a race requires me to own a Racing car. However, I don't own any, and none is available for sale at the used cars dealership. Also, I don't have yet access to the Brand Central to buy one, since... the Brand Central unlocks AFTER having completed GT Cafe #4.

I am stuck. Any idea ?...

Thank you

- Jean.

You don't need a race car to complete menu 4, you need a road car with up to 400pp. It's a 2 race championship, you do both races in the same car. I think you're trying to enter the wrong race.

Go into World Circuits, don't go into Asia or any other region, instead look at the bottom of the screen, you'll see the championships listed there.

Last edited:
For a lot of races PP is only recommended. Check the regulations for each race before you start. If you're over the limit, you won't be able to use your car until you lower it. Hope you enjoy GT7.

Guys, when buying cars from the used cars dealership, are their performance reduced compared to their new versions from Brand Central ?

Guys, if for a given race, there is a PP recommendation, let's call it... 450. If my car has a PP of say 500, is my reward upon winning lowered ?

Guys, so far, I have gotten in the region of 20 roulettes. So far, every single of them (without a single exception) has been the lowest prize. Is this the way... it works in GT7 ? The probability to get the lowest prize randomly (out of 5 prizes), 20 times in a row is... let me calculate quickly... approximately1 chance in 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 (<= there should be 54 zeros). So not super likely.

* edit: I don't really care, just asking out of interest.

Last edited:
AFAIK the roulette isn't truly random. There is a weighting built in so that the low paying prizes occur more often, but there are definitely prizes worth having in there too. I've also got the impression that the longer you have played the game the higher the rewards go.

One thing we know is that the prize is decided as soon as you get the ticket. The spinning light thing is just a bit of theatre. Your prize is already decided before the spinning light starts.

I've always considered the roulette to be a bonus if you get something good and nothing lost if you only get chump change or parts for a car you don't have. The main payouts in the game are for winning races and completing missions and licenses.

@Will Once , thanks for the reply. Ok, I have only like 15 hours in the sim which obviously qualifies as extremely low mileage so it seems it could be normal. Bonus is how I take it, again it doesn't really matter, was just wondering how it works.

=> I don't necessarily send a thank you post to the responses I'm getting to my questions to avoid crowding my thread of random questions for which an obvious answer I couldn't find elsewhere on the forum. Will Like the posts instead.

Cheers

Guys, I would like to setup a custom race, where for a given track (let's call it Monza), where I chose my car, AND, I will be competing against cars of similar level (but not necessarily the same car as mine). And ideally, I chose the number of laps, time of day and weather.
Is this possible ?

Last edited:
Guys, I would like to setup a custom race, where for a given track (let's call it Monza), where I chose my car, AND, I will be competing against cars of similar level (but not necessarily the same car as mine). And ideally, I chose the number of laps, time of day and weather.
Is this possible ?
Sure, just go to the given track (in this picture Lake Maggiore) and select "Custom Race", the icon on the bottom right.
i1isfYRLxaZ3C8E.jpg

Then you will have accesss to the race settings:
i1TBwSEMa6UseuH.jpg

Firstly in Race Type you choose laps (number of laps) or endurance (time limit).
Most of the settings are pretty self explanatory.
If you go down, you have Time/weather settings where you can set what you want (be aware some tracks don't have wet weather possibility)
For your opponents you go even further down on the settings to the "Opponent Settings", where you can set "Same Car", "by Car Class" or "Set From Garage". The best choice for what you intend should be "Set by Class". As you don't have many hours of playing, your garage should be pretty small yet, if you had a huge variety of cars on your garage, you could handpick the cars that would enter the race as opponents on the "Set from Garage" option, what would be interesting too.
Here you can also choose the opponent difficulty level.

Many of this question are pretty well explained on the official online manual:
Official Online Manual

@pedrocor thanks a lot for that... how could I miss the custom race button... it's right there...:boggled:
and cheers for the link to the manual, will check it out.

I was asking because the races proposed in the main menu of GT7 (exactly what you posted in your first screenshot above), I feel are either too easy as I tune my cars to the maximum, or too hard. In particular, I find the races showing "chilli's" particularly hard.

I have 2 other questions:

1) I have completed all the "licences" missions, except the very last one, the Final Exam of the Super Licence (Porsche 917K racing at Spa-Francorchamp). The track seems to be slippery and I can't complete this mission. I always spin out of control somewhere before the finish line, including sometimes... in a staight line... I did watch the Demonstration, but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any tip to complete this mission ? the track is so slippery...

(if it matters, I am not driving with my joypad, I have a proper Thrustmaster set of wheel+pedals).

2) I can customise my cars to be fitted with a "wide body". Is this purely cosmetics or does this actually change the handling/performance of the cars ? I modded one of my cars with the wide body, the Scirocco I believe, but can't say I noticed any change... (even cosmetics !)

Last edited:
... I have completed all the "licences" missions, except the very last one, the Final Exam of the Super Licence (Porsche 917K racing at Spa-Francorchamp). The track seems to be slippery and I can't complete this mission. I always spin out of control somewhere before the finish line, including sometimes... in a staight line... I did watch the Demonstration, but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. ...
If you look carefully, you'll discover a dry line on the wet tarmac which ( of course ) is way narrower than the track itself.
Stay on that dry line ... and stay cool ;) ... and you'll be fine.

1) I have completed all the "licences" missions, except the very last one, the Final Exam of the Super Licence (Porsche 917K racing at Spa-Francorchamp). The track seems to be slippery and I can't complete this mission. I always spin out of control somewhere before the finish line, including sometimes... in a staight line... I did watch the Demonstration, but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any tip to complete this mission ? the track is so slippery...

(if it matters, I am not driving with my joypad, I have a proper Thrustmaster set of wheel+pedals).

2) I can customise my cars to be fitted with a "wide body". Is this purely cosmetics or does this actually change the handling/performance of the cars ? I modded one of my cars with the wide body, the Scirocco I believe, but can't say I noticed any change... (even cosmetics !)

If you look carefully, you'll discover a dry line on the wet tarmac which ( of course ) is way narrower than the track itself.
Stay on that dry line ... and stay cool ;) ... and you'll be fine.
That, It's better going a little slower but watching where you put your car. If you are finding hard to notice where is wet or dry tarmac, maybe adjusting contrast and/or brightness may help. There is plenty of margin to be slow and still get the bronze.

On question 2
There is a kind of a trade-off between regular body and wide body. The wide body has a little more drag but allows you to fit wider tires (on GT Auto, choosing the wheels to fit you should be able to select wheel width and offset) and with an offset, so the car will loose a bit of top speed but will have more grip and stability.
tuning11.webp

Because of this some players prefer to have more than um car of the "go to" models, one with regular body, another one with wide body.

fit wider tires
I think that actually depends on the car, as far as I recall some cars already can fit wider tyres without wide body modification.
Though every change comes with its very own set of handling differences, simply picking wide body increases the weight, reduces the PP and so on.

Guys thanks a lot for the advice. I finally managed to complete the Final Exam of the Super Licence (Porsche 917K racing at Spa-Francorchamp), by staying out of the water puddles as you recommended and also... by going much easier on both the throttle and brake pedals.

Cheers also on the explanation about the wide/narrow body, I didn't realise that. It's good to know that it's more that just cosmetics.

Got another question please. So I got myself a PSVR2 yesterday. Set it up, no problem.
But I feel that after a few minutes of driving... the wheel appears to drift to the left.
Is there a way to have it stay... right in front of me ? Basically a trick to reset the view ?

Last edited:
Press and hold the Start/Options until the view is reset.
Thank you for the suggestion. I am using a Thrustmaster T300, see what the mapping looks like. But it seems I don't have the Start/Options button ?

1678531411051.png

Last edited:
Sure, just go to the given track (in this picture Lake Maggiore) and select "Custom Race", the icon on the bottom right.
i1isfYRLxaZ3C8E.jpg

Then you will have accesss to the race settings:
i1TBwSEMa6UseuH.jpg

Firstly in Race Type you choose laps (number of laps) or endurance (time limit).
Most of the settings are pretty self explanatory.
If you go down, you have Time/weather settings where you can set what you want (be aware some tracks don't have wet weather possibility)
For your opponents you go even further down on the settings to the "Opponent Settings", where you can set "Same Car", "by Car Class" or "Set From Garage". The best choice for what you intend should be "Set by Class". As you don't have many hours of playing, your garage should be pretty small yet, if you had a huge variety of cars on your garage, you could handpick the cars that would enter the race as opponents on the "Set from Garage" option, what would be interesting too.
Here you can also choose the opponent difficulty level.

Many of this question are pretty well explained on the official online manual:
Official Online Manual

It should be noted that payouts for custom races are absolute garbage, about one tenth of what you get for regular races. Yes it sucks.

@Theufcveteran & @Meythia ok thanks fellas, I see, the key is to press and hold to reset the view. Noted. It works. Problem is... this pauses the sim ! In addition to creating a big distraction from the driving.
Is there something I could/should do to avoid having this problem ? I have noticed that it tends to appear when I turn my head, so yes the problem is lesser if I keep my head straight but turning my head is also the point of VR lol...

Back