Stuck in Expert Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter MuchoJimbo
  • 12 comments
  • 1,343 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
1,004
United States
Plano, Illinois USA
Messages
MuchoJimbo
Messages
Yo Def
Need some advice/help.

I am currently level 17 and in the expert series where I am racing in the Historic Racing Car Cup and the only cars eligible have to be '79 or older...

But my problem is the cars that are in the top 3 are a lot faster than any car I have available, in my garage and in the dealerships (used, new and online**)

So am I missing something such as a car I should have won or do I need to keep racing the same events to be able to afford one car I did see for over 4 million**

I know I am probably over looking something, but any help would be appreciated.
 
Start B-spec. Get to the extreme series and do the Like the Wind races to get the Toyota 7. That is the easiest way. Another way is to get a Camaro Z28 and RM it, or a Challenger (old one) and RM it. You can also use a Lambo Countach LP400 fully tuned.
 
Need some advice/help.

I am currently level 17 and in the expert series where I am racing in the Historic Racing Car Cup and the only cars eligible have to be '79 or older...

But my problem is the cars that are in the top 3 are a lot faster than any car I have available, in my garage and in the dealerships (used, new and online**)

So am I missing something such as a car I should have won or do I need to keep racing the same events to be able to afford one car I did see for over 4 million**

I know I am probably over looking something, but any help would be appreciated.

Countach will beat them by 5 or more seconds easily.
 
Awesome, thank you I will get right on this...
 
Race Modify the '69 Z28, tune it, set it up, then drive like a hero.

If you'd of done a search on the forums here you'd find it's already been covered...
 
I used a corvette convertiable 69 tuned to the max, tried the countach and whilst i could win deep forest i could only get second in monaco

Not heard of anyone else doing it in the corvette convertable 69 but its actually a beast when fully tuned and since its premuim and not to expensive its worth a go.

Its not easy but it is doable, oh yeah remember to fire a wing on it

P.s, there was a massive thread a few weeks ago on this championship, think it was called "historic cup guide" your not alone in having probs with these races, reckon if you use the search facility you could prob find that thread, its got pages of tips, setups etc
 
I did it in a RM'd '69 Camaro. I won two races driving cleanly...I almost never do something cheap, but in Monaco I got fed up and rammed the fan-car into the wall after not braking for turn 1 at the start lol.
 
I had the 69 camaro RM'ed. Could not do it. Had the Challenger--but can drive the camaro better, so I didn't even try it. Had the Lambo full mod. Could not do it.

Bought the 63 Vetter racecar. Did the first race on the second try, and cote on the first try. Did have to keep restarting until I had a Jag in front with a 2J and a 2D in second and fourth. Toyota 7 was in eight behind me. Took the lead on the first turn and the Jag held off the others long enough that while the Toyota 7 was in my rear view mirror at the end, it was not that close. I was racing INdy and saving money for a GT40 racecar to win this...glad I didn't buy it as that was the last race at the Expert level and I won the GT40 racecar.

I do not have a wheel; this was on the Sony Dualshock 3
 
Thirded, I took a while to get around to B-Spec but whatever its flaws, you get a lot of exclusive prize cars, and the Toyota 7 should work fine. Eventually you might even find yourself getting quite into B-Spec and dividing your GT time equally between A and B. Believe me there are a lot of people here who can help you deal with this, and you won't be alone :)
 
Race Modify the '69 Z28, tune it, set it up, then drive like a hero.

If you'd of done a search on the forums here you'd find it's already been covered...

Indeed, closing thread.

Jerome
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back