Stuck in menu book 4. Don't have a GR4 car.

United States
Hermiston
djwww98
I'm trying to progress through menu book 4 but to do that I have to complete 2 different GR4 races but I don't have a GR4 car and have no way of acquiring one since I don't have access to Brand Central until menu book 4 is complete. Am I missing something?

I'm trying to progress through menu book 4 but to do that I have to complete 2 different GR4 races but I don't have a GR4 car and have no way of acquiring one since I don't have access to Brand Central until menu book 4 is complete. Am I missing something?
Menu Book 4 is the High Speed Ring Track Day - two races at High Speed Ring, with the second in the reverse direction with weather - and uses road cars at a suggested PP of 400.

There's not a Gr.4 race until Menu Book 36.

Also you can win the Supra Gr.4 from passing the International B Licence.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't recall having to do a Gr. 4 race to progress past menu book 4, but if you're curious on a quick way to unlock a Gr. 4 car anyway, getting Bronze in International B license tests will unlock the Gr. 4 Supra GR.

Edit: Famine beat me to the punch. 😅

Last edited:
Menu Book 4 is the High Speed Ring Track Day - two races at High Speed Ring, with the second in the reverse direction with weather - and uses road cars at a suggested PP of 400.

There's not a Gr.4 race until Menu Book 36.

Also you can win the Supra Gr.4 from passing the International B Licence.
OK, I see it now. I kept going straight to the high speed ring on the map where there was a clubman race, which I had already won, and a GR4 race, which I couldn't enter. Before going to the ring, I see now the championship button below world circuits menu (Americas, Europe, and Asia-Oceania). Got it. Thanks. PITA working my way through all this nonsense.

Last edited:
OK, I see it now. I kept going straight to the high speed ring on the map where there was a clubman race, which I had already won, and a GR4 race, which I couldn't enter. Before going to the ring, I see now the championship button below world circuits menu (Americas, Europe, and Asia-Oceania). Got it. Thanks. PITA working my way through all this nonsense.
Always keep your eyes on where the yellow compass markers are! :D

I got 1st place in both gr4 and clubman on high speed rings but it keeps telling still in progress what did I do wrong

I got 1st place in both gr4 and clubman on high speed rings but it keeps telling still in progress what did I do wrong
Assuming you're talking about the "High Speed Ring Track Day" in Menu Book 4, you're not doing the right thing.

You need to follow the yellow compass marker. It takes you to the World Circuits overview and then to a new "Championships" section at the bottom of the screen, where you select "High Speed Ring Track Day".

Always keep your eyes on where the yellow compass markers are! :D

Same issue here... thanks for the advice! I'll try it out later. I was really stuck with this stuff for two evenings. I also wasted a lot of money on buying different cars and tuning them. Looks like I was trying to do the wrong thing...
But others don't get it neither, so the user experience is not great for newcomers...

Same issue here... thanks for the advice! I'll try it out later. I was really stuck with this stuff for two evenings. I also wasted a lot of money on buying different cars and tuning them. Looks like I was trying to do the wrong thing...
But others don't get it neither, so the user experience is not great for newcomers...
Thanks the good UI, I guess :lol:

Thanks the good UI, I guess :lol:
I'm actually not a total noob, for I played GT Sport a couple of years ago. This game was way more accessible for a first-time GT player. It was also possible to get started with powerful cars right away. GT7 looks more like work to me.

The thing is, that the first 3 menus lure you into directly going to the tracks to finish the competitions. Then the 4th menu, all of a sudden, wants you to discover a new option in the menu, which looks quite small compared to the ones you already saw.

Anyway, I was now able to finish it.

The thing is, that the first 3 menus lure you into directly going to the tracks to finish the competitions. Then the 4th menu, all of a sudden, wants you to discover a new option in the menu, which looks quite small compared to the ones you already saw.

Anyway, I was now able to finish it.
I fully agree with you. And they should make the small yellow icon in the top part of the screen a link to where you are supposed to go next, instead of having to find that it has moved in a new place on the menu you were used to go.

Back