Stuck on Gr.4, Gr.3 cars, mods and race. I just never able to win

  • Thread starter Thread starter xtatic
  • 11 comments
  • 1,370 views
Messages
11
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
I;ve won a lot of races, but as for Gr4, Gr3, Lightweight, I just lost completely. don't know which is the best car and how to tune it so I can win. I always comes last. please help.

thanks
 
What races are you talking about ?
Basiclly every Gr 4, Gr3, lightweight car races. every car pass me. I can't even get past a single car. some said that I picked the wrong car and wrong mod. Since I'm new to the game, I really don't know how.

thanks for your help
 
Here you go :
The Honda S660 is my current go to car for the Lightweight Cup races.
The setup you see isn't anything special, there's no permanent mods, just a few power parts, most of it is stock actually.
I've won each and every race in that category - should be a breeze !
Try to build the car. It's available at Brand Central, the parts at the Tune Shop and GT Auto.
Good luck on track.

S660_01.webp

S660_02.webp

S660_03.webp
 
Last edited:
Basiclly every Gr 4, Gr3, lightweight car races. every car pass me. I can't even get past a single car. some said that I picked the wrong car and wrong mod. Since I'm new to the game, I really don't know how.

thanks for your help
You mean races on single player or online ? Who said you chose wrong car ? and what do you mean by "wrong mod" ?

Have you done the circuit experience on any track ? To gain familiarity with it.

If playing solo, what difficulty are you using ?

Are you using any assists ?

GT is not an easy game if you are new to the genre.
 
Here you go :
The Honda S660 is my current go to car for the Lightweight Cup races.
The setup you see isn't anything special, there's no permanent mods, just a few power parts, most of it is stock actually.
I've won each and every race in that category - should be a breeze !
Try to build the car. It's available at Brand Central, the parts at the Tune Shop and GT Auto.
Good luck on track.

View attachment 1529124
View attachment 1529125
View attachment 1529126
Thanks so much, I'll give that a try and see how it goes..

You mean races on single player or online ? Who said you chose wrong car ? and what do you mean by "wrong mod" ?

Have you done the circuit experience on any track ? To gain familiarity with it.

If playing solo, what difficulty are you using ?

Are you using any assists ?

GT is not an easy game if you are new to the genre.
I'm playing Single player, my friend said I choose the wrong car to buy for the race. and that I've add every mod there is to the car. which he said I shouldn't do that. and I'm playing normal I think. traction control is what I'm using and that's about it. I've actually done the final GT race and saw the ending. but like gr4, gr3, rally, light wight, touring 600-800, those I have not done because when I try, I just lose each and every time.
 
Here you go :
The Honda S660 is my current go to car for the Lightweight Cup races.
The setup you see isn't anything special, there's no permanent mods, just a few power parts, most of it is stock actually.
I've won each and every race in that category - should be a breeze !
Try to build the car. It's available at Brand Central, the parts at the Tune Shop and GT Auto.
Good luck on track.

View attachment 1529124
View attachment 1529125
View attachment 1529126
Sorry, just a quick question. with the setup of this car, do you able to pass anyone on the stright?
 
Sorry, just a quick question. with the setup of this car, do you able to pass anyone on the stright?
Ok, a quick answer then : Not necessarily. Prepare yourself to win the races while cornering !
 
Last edited:
Basiclly every Gr 4, Gr3, lightweight car races. every car pass me. I can't even get past a single car. some said that I picked the wrong car and wrong mod. Since I'm new to the game, I really don't know how.

thanks for your help
The main thing to remember for the Lightweight K-Cup races (and many others using road cars) is the Performance Points or PP. For the Lightweight K-Cup in particular, 400 PP is the max for that so if you are tuning your car, it needs to meet or at least be near that (like the tune @ROCKET JOE has shown)

1776019234025.webp


You want to keep an eye on that grey part to make sure you are meeting or at least close to the number. You'll actually be shown how much pp that part adds when you buy parts in the Tuning shop

For example, let's say I want to Add Weight Reduction to my car:

19d8303d2ec8-screenshotUrl.webp


You can see to the right not only how much weight it removes, but also how much PP it adds:

Screenshot_20260412_135156_Chrome.webp



Hope that helps you out.
 

Attachments

  • 1776019707007.webp
    1776019707007.webp
    884 bytes · Views: 11
Last edited:
I'm playing Single player, my friend said I choose the wrong car to buy for the race. and that I've add every mod there is to the car. which he said I shouldn't do that. and I'm playing normal I think. traction control is what I'm using and that's about it. I've actually done the final GT race and saw the ending. but like gr4, gr3, rally, light wight, touring 600-800, those I have not done because when I try, I just lose each and every time.
Ok thanks for the details, it helps us getting a better picture.

Rally is its own can of worms and needs to be learned nearly as a separate game. The 1 rule there would be : slide the minimum necessary, never turn the wheel excessively.

Light-weight can be tricky because of the constraints that are quite strict, and you may tune a car in such a way that it ends up not being competitive.

Gr.3 and Gr.4 on the other hand are mostly comprised of cars that can win every event, sure there are some combos where one car in particular shines, or is bad, but overall, you can win any Gr.3-4 event with any car. As long as you know the track well enough.

You can look what cars the lead AI uses, and take the same car, it will give hints about what car is more susceptibe to win.

Also look what time the fastest AI set, and compare to your fastest lap.

And I'd advice you to give an example of one event you can't win (in each category, Lightweight, Gr.3, Gr.4, Rally), and the car you tried to use, so we can give you more hints.
 
Basiclly every Gr 4, Gr3, lightweight car races. every car pass me. I can't even get past a single car. some said that I picked the wrong car and wrong mod. Since I'm new to the game, I really don't know how.

thanks for your help
For Gr.3 & Gr.4 I suggest using TyrannoCyrusRex' videos they help me alot with Daily races and choosing an anit-meta car to beat the meta car in those races. Makes it fun more fun also IMO.

This one is for the OP.

 
ZEE
For Gr.3 & Gr.4 I suggest using TyrannoCyrusRex' videos they help me alot with Daily races and choosing an anit-meta car to beat the meta car in those races. Makes it fun more fun also IMO.

This one is for the OP.


Thanks heaps. I'll look into it.

The main thing to remember for the Lightweight K-Cup races (and many others using road cars) is the Performance Points or PP. For the Lightweight K-Cup in particular, 400 PP is the max for that so if you are tuning your car, it needs to meet or at least be near that (like the tune @ROCKET JOE has shown)

View attachment 1529152

You want to keep an eye on that grey part to make sure you are meeting or at least close to the number. You'll actually be shown how much pp that part adds when you buy parts in the Tuning shop

For example, let's say I want to Add Weight Reduction to my car:

View attachment 1529153

You can see to the right not only how much weight it removes, but also how much PP it adds:

View attachment 1529155


Hope that helps you out.
Yup, I'll try to buy a lightweight car to test it out on.

thanks so much

Ok thanks for the details, it helps us getting a better picture.

Rally is its own can of worms and needs to be learned nearly as a separate game. The 1 rule there would be : slide the minimum necessary, never turn the wheel excessively.

Light-weight can be tricky because of the constraints that are quite strict, and you may tune a car in such a way that it ends up not being competitive.

Gr.3 and Gr.4 on the other hand are mostly comprised of cars that can win every event, sure there are some combos where one car in particular shines, or is bad, but overall, you can win any Gr.3-4 event with any car. As long as you know the track well enough.

You can look what cars the lead AI uses, and take the same car, it will give hints about what car is more susceptibe to win.

Also look what time the fastest AI set, and compare to your fastest lap.

And I'd advice you to give an example of one event you can't win (in each category, Lightweight, Gr.3, Gr.4, Rally), and the car you tried to use, so we can give you more hints.
Will turn on PS portal now and find a race and let you know, thanks so much in advance
 
Back