Studio like location for photo mode

Portugal
Chesterfield
DEKOWOLF
BTS_car_studio_photography_4580_w.jpg

Such "location" (if we can call it that) is technically already available in the game. As seen when when you are visiting the dealership and in your garage (I am referring to the Gallery view option that allows to "preview" the car).

Now, I am not complaining about the lack stunning locations available at our disposal since Gran Turismo 4, however, I have always thought a studio would be perfect for when you want to capture the unique details of the car alone under the perfect light.

I understand that creating a new location from ground up would be time consuming and probably not used by many. Therefore, I would be very happy to simply have the "Gallery view" area, or even the garage background available as a photo location.

As a bonus, it would also be nice to be allowed to enter the car and open its doors. But that's another feature for another day.

Aside from a studio, here is a list of (not mandatory, but appreciated) list of features exclusive to this location.
  • Ability to open multiple/individual doors on the subject car.
  • Select wich studio lights stay on/off.
  • Change position and type of lights (e.g. reflected, direct or diffused).

That is my pitch. Please enjoy some fine examples below (provided by a google search) of how I would like to see this studio location to be implemented in the game. Thank you for reading.

0carphotogr01.jpg

DSC_8682.JPG

19-700x467.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a professional photographer and I would love this. I want to be able to turn individual lights on or off, change the position and type of light (e.g. reflected, direct or diffused) and turn their power up or down. Also change backdrops.

I'd take most of my pictures in this studio.

I very much appreciate your comment. Your ideas are surly far more complex and advanced than mine, with your permission, I would like to add them to my original post, and therefore, making a list of features.
Having the support and this type of knowledge from people who actually practice studio photography is just what we need to bring this feature some attention.

I believe we aren't asking for much. It's only a matter of being polite about it and make our request reach the team of people in charge of photography inside Polyphony Digital.

I'd like to suggest a little detailed addition.

In Forza 4, they provided some great interior photo locations, such as a Top Gear studio. Where some locations fell down is that it's almost impossible to position the camera to avoid distracting bright light elements in the background. Mostly, this was a result of limitations of camera movement.

I'd like to add something like "Provide an environment where the environment itself does not necessarily dominate the content of the photo. Distractions of viewers' focus and attention from the intended subject should be able to be avoided."

Here is an example from FM4.

I'd like to be able to turn the "Top Gear" light off. Also, below that light, you'll see a brightly lit green and white object. It's a car tilted up and floodlit.

I could not find any camera position which would hide this distraction. So it required photoshop. This is the pre-photoshop original.

image.jpg

YES!!!! That would be awesome! Studios would actually be better than the Photo Travel locations. In GT6, the locations have muddy textures and look like something from the PS2 days. I think this takes away from the realism because the cars look so real, but the environment doesn't. Also, studios are less distracting and would put more emphasis on the car itself.

Back