Stupid Opel Speedster Races

• Thread starter asaph
  • 3 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even after equipping an Opel Speedster with everything I still have to contend with 200-pt races in that same-make series. I actually won the first one, but only because of NOS. Is it possible to get this race under 200 points (like, say, 1 or 2 points)?

If I ever win this silly series they're probably going to give me a 1980 Opel car or something that I'll just sell anyway (and it won't be worth much).

This one's always tricky:

Buy a regular Opel Speedster, I'm told. Not the Speedster Turbo. (I used a Turbo anyhow, and I'm not that good.)

Mod the heck out of it. You'll still get 190-200 A-spec points, and that's because the AI is using more power than what a Speedster can normally get, anyhow.

You can even try a wing for downforce, but your best bet is to be very careful in the high speed turns, avoid curbs at all costs, and don't brake and downshift too harshly into a tight corner or hairpin when driving the Speedster.

Once you've gotten the hang of it, it's not all that bad a car to drive.

* The prize car isn't too shabby, but I won't give it away what it is, since you don't know what it is. Let's just say it's not the best all-round or a very, very fast car, but far from the worst. One of the easiest cars to drive, and it's actually worth some credits if you decide to sell it.

There's a lot on this subject already, please try a search; type "Opel Speedster" and select "Gran Turismo 4", and allow titles to be searched.

@ Asaph,
Welcome to GTP, may you enjoy your stay !

Yes it is possible to win this, stick some R4s on it. No its not possible to make it a one pointer. You'd need a Turbo 10 or more and those dont exist in GT4. Do the math ! (all upgrades ==> >190 Aspec points or so...)

It takes some practice, I've nailed it and I suck at this game.
If you cant do it now leave it for a while and revisit later.
Btw A search will reveal that you're not the first to ask this question.

AMG

And since you've gotten two reasonable answers to a question that's been asked many times before, I think we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back