Stupid paint names

  • Thread starter Thread starter thefraggle
  • 15 comments
  • 4,695 views
Messages
776
United Kingdom
Guildford
Messages
GTP_thefraggle
I am in the middle of painting all my Ferraris "Rosso Monza" however, there are two different paint colours called "Rosso Monza". One is darker than the other. Why the hell would you have two paints called the same thing but be different colours?
Well thought out or what?
 
Same problem with Honda Championship White as i found out when painting the wheels on my '08 CTR
 
One is the Alfa version and the other is the Ferrari version.

It happens.
 
One is the Alfa version and the other is the Ferrari version.

It happens.

Nope. Tis a very good answer but they are both listed under Ferrari paint
 
Nope. Tis a very good answer but they are both listed under Ferrari paint

Could be one from the 512 and one from one of the newer models. The shades change over the years on some paints.

Just like Blu NART and Abu Dhabi Blu are basically the same color, or should be, but that's a different situation.
 
Could be one from the 512 and one from one of the newer models. The shades change over the years on some paints.
I think there was an "original" (Rosso) Monza that was used on very early Ferrari's, more or less "borrowed" from Alfa after the split. The 599 seems to be a tick darker nowadays too.
 
I have quite a few paints that are called "White"
 
I'm sure this isn't what the OP had in mind but as far as stupid paint names go...My stupidest has to be"Sassy Grass Green"...Bought it with a Plymouth Superbird '70...That thing is LOUD!!!
 
Ferrari actually has paints that are named the same, but different shades of the color. Odd I know, but that's ferrari.
 
Well, my brother disliked there's a color called "Gunmetal Gray/Grey" for the Honda NSX. I don't think there's a such thing as a stupid color name. Just depends on what you think is appropriate for a color to be named and what it should be named after. I own enough colors to get the "Colorful" PSN Trophy, and of my many color items, there is not one that I think sounds like a stupid name for a color.
 
Well, my brother disliked there's a color called "Gunmetal Gray/Grey" for the Honda NSX. I don't think there's a such thing as a stupid color name. Just depends on what you think is appropriate for a color to be named and what it should be named after. I own enough colors to get the "Colorful" PSN Trophy, and of my many color items, there is not one that I think sounds like a stupid name for a color.

I suggest a quick read of the posts. Not really what i was aiming at :)
 
Lotus "Chome Orange"s are the same way. Each premium Elise has Chrome Orange as a color option, but they're different shades.
 
I guess that happened to me with the Chrome Orange in Lotus. Do you know, actually the Toyota FT-86 has a paint called "Chameleon Purple" (the colour of mine), and actually I though that was a TVR paint when I was going to paint a car, and when I picked Toyota and that colour appeared, I though the game hang!
 
I had Lime Green Metallic, and a separate (and identical) Lime Green Metallic. Rofl
 
I had a slightly different problem with Rosso Monza. I bought a 430 Scuderia for La Festa Howeveryouspellit, it was Monza Red (Rosso Monza... whatever) and looked sweet.

I won it and got the California. It was black so I thought, "hey, I have this Monza Red paint chip, why not paint it to match the 430?" Unfortunately, when applied to the California, it was a horrible pale rose color instead of the nice deep red I wanted.

It has since been repainted again and is now Mazda K2RED.

A similar thing I noticed, Nissan Ultimate Opal Black (from the GT-R VSpec) loses most of its purple shift when applied to another car. It looks awesome on the GTR, not so much on anything else, although the shift is still there if you look closely.
 
Back