Stuttering and adaptive triggers bug after update

• Thread starter MicVic10
  • 24 comments
Romania
Romania
Hi everyone,

Just updated the game and hopped in the Porsche Cup at Kyoto.
There are some heavy stutterings on the PS5, especially during the last couple of laps, it seems to happen when you are close to or when you hit a kerb, kind of odd.
Also, the adaptive triggers randomly lose their strength, I can feel and hear the motors turning off and the resistance is gone. After a split second they come back, really distracting and crash inducing when the resistance is gone while trail braking for example. This also seems to happen when hitting kerbs, either before ar after.

Kind of weird these issues happen near kerbs considering they "reworked" them in this update. Maybe their code slows the CPU down too much or something.
Before I try reinstalling / resetting, is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Thank you!

Hi,
I noticed this too.
It even occurs when playing on remote where no other adaptive trigger feature is enabled, which leaves me guessing that is not intentional.
Ok so it's not me then, thanks!
Meanwhile I confirmed this issue on two separate joysticks but other games are fine.
If anyone else can hop in maybe we can file a bug report or something? It's really distracting for me.

Issue with triggers has been since 1.30. I thought I was being paranoid but it happened before todays update. Grand Valley does it at the finish line.

Noticed this too with the same Kyoto race. The first couple of laps were fine but there's heavy stuttering in the second half of the race.

At first I thought it might be a buggy VRR but it does the same thing with the standard non-VRR 60fps mode.

Definitely noticing a lot more noise and activity from the triggers after the update on the DS controller, more-so from the left than right, but that may be due to me having the left set stronger than the right. During the new WTC800 Nürburgring event it was happening very often, at times when I was using the trigger. It‘s like it couldn’t make up its mind if it wanted to have any resistance or not and was messing with my braking a bit at times.

Noticed this too with the same Kyoto race. The first couple of laps were fine but there's heavy stuttering in the second half of the race.

At first I thought it might be a buggy VRR but it does the same thing with the standard non-VRR 60fps mode.
Are you saying you had the same stutters with VRR enabled?
I just did the tokyo championship 3 times in row and got inconsistent results. 1st time was 100% smooth, both races. 2nd attempt was stuttering and 3rd was smooth.. (even with rain)
Weather was mostly the same and cars on screen didn't seem to make a difference.
Id suggest maybe a memory leak but the 3rd attempt was smooth sooo.. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Hope they look into it.

Last edited:
Are you saying you had the same stutters with VRR enabled?
I just did the tokyo championship 3 times in row and got inconsistent results. 1st time was 100% smooth, both races. 2nd attempt was stuttering and 3rd was smooth.. (even with rain)
Weather was mostly the same and cars on screen didn't seem to make a difference.
Id suggest maybe a memory leak but the 3rd attempt was smooth sooo.. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Hope they look into it.
Yup tried it with and without. Restarted the game inbetween. The new Kyoto race has no rain and is only 5 laps, stutters from lap 3 onwards.

I did the WTC800 race at the Ring yesterday. Felt like the difficulty has gone down quite a bit, or maybe the new physics are playing a part in me driving better, but the stutters are making me feel nauseous. Controller also does engage and disengage adaptive triggers all the time throughout the race, could not really spot a pattern when it happens.

So we have quite a few confirmed cases of both stuttering and adaptive triggers playing up :(
If anyone from PD is around here, please consider looking into this.

I’ve had no issues whatsoever - stutter or DualSense. Should note that I’m playing on my old school 1080p tv

Hi everyone,

There are some heavy stutterings on the PS5, especially during the last couple of laps, it seems to happen when you are close to or when you hit a kerb, kind of odd.
Also, the adaptive triggers randomly lose their strength, I can feel and hear the motors turning off and the resistance is gone. After a split second they come back, really distracting and crash inducing when the resistance is gone while trail braking for example. This also seems to happen when hitting kerbs, either before ar after.

Kind of weird these issues happen near kerbs considering they "reworked" them in this update. Maybe their code slows the CPU down too much or something.
Before I try reinstalling / resetting, is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Thank you!
I can confirm both frame drops and triggers on DualSense just losing it randomly since 1.31 update. Tried second controller same issue occur. Tried to change frame rate, since I am on default how it was on 4K 60 fps, no raytracing, but changing to 120 fps didnt helped, made it actually worse in both resolution and movements of pointer over menus.

Can someone who is using Edge confirm triggers issue too ?

Last edited:
Ive noticed the stutters don't need to have cars on screen. That new kyoto race (porsche cup). I got stutters with barely anything on screen going around a hairpin.
Perhaps the new physics is pushing the cpu a bit more or.. its a bug that'll get sorted.

Ive noticed the stutters don't need to have cars on screen. That new kyoto race (porsche cup). I got stutters with barely anything on screen going around a hairpin.
Perhaps the new physics is pushing the cpu a bit more or.. its a bug that'll get sorted.
what i noticed , it only lags for me when 2 laps are left in new porsche cup race in S area wheres the hotel? building in background and when i drove over S chicane there are trees on the left and they were like flickering and those caused the drops - no idea whats causing the issue , might the sun lighting or too much of something who knows

Last edited:
It stutters at the exact same locations on this track for me regardless of how many cars are in front of me on the screen at the time. I noticed this on the new WTC800 Nürburgring race too.

Hi everyone,

Thank you!
Yeah when I did that Porsche Cup at Kyoto I also noticed that I thought there was something wrong with my PS5.

I am impressed that some of you folks completed the WTC800 at the ring with stutters. I just couldn't do it. Hope they fix it before the Nurburgring endurance track debuts on World Series.

I also had some weird artifacts on a WTC 800 lap today in my 2008 NSX Gr.2, like that sometimes the car makes a small but abrupt move to the right or the left, it’s just minimal but very unnerving and takes you out of the flow, I don’t know, it’s really strange

I’ve had no issues whatsoever - stutter or DualSense. Should note that I’m playing on my old school 1080p tv
Sorry to resurrect the thread but are people still having these issues?

I am (both stuttering and DS trigger drop-out) and can confirm they also both happen when playing on a 1080p TV.

It’s extremely annoying during play so bug resolution from PD would be very welcome. Do we know if PD have even acknowledged the issue yet?!

Sorry to resurrect the thread but are people still having these issues?

I am (both stuttering and DS trigger drop-out) and can confirm they also both happen when playing on a 1080p TV.

It’s extremely annoying during play so bug resolution from PD would be very welcome. Do we know if PD have even acknowledged the issue yet?!
Hey, yes, I'm still having the same issues, all these months later...
The adaptive trigger dropout still happens at random, mostly when there are many cars around, along with the stuttering, sometimes they're related, sometimes they're not.
It's ridiculous tbh.

Back