Stuttering cars in Sport mode. Any advice?

• Thread starter Mac117
  • 4 comments
Spain
Spain
lapalf
I had a very stuttering car in front in race C today and it was really difficult to concentrate behind him. His position "updated" every couple of tenths of second or so and it was really distracting to have a car behaving that way in front.

At some point I ended pushing him slightly because I went for the inside in the hairpin when he was on the outside and in the next "update" he appeared in front of me...

Any advice how to handle these situations?

I had a very stuttering car in front in race C today and it was really difficult to concentrate behind him. His position "updated" every couple of tenths of second or so and it was really distracting to have a car behaving that way in front.

At some point I ended pushing him slightly because I went for the inside in the hairpin when he was on the outside and in the next "update" he appeared in front of me...

Any advice how to handle these situations?

"Lag
A phenomenon in video games where the game slows down. Many gamers do not have the mental capabilities to deal with said lag, causing them to go into mentally and physically destructive meltdowns."

If I see someone lagging badly, I send them a polite message letting them know, & give them some advice on how to fix it, namely: to use a wired connection. Using a wired connection sorts out most problems with laggy racers. Then again, I've heard that some people use a Lag Switch deliberately in online gaming to gain an advantage. Also, if I hear nothing back from them then I put them on my PSN block list, that way they can't get into any more lobbies I host in the future.

VBR
If I see someone lagging badly, I send them a polite message letting them know, & give them some advice on how to fix it, namely: to use a wired connection. Using a wired connection sorts out most problems with laggy racers. Then again, I've heard that some people use a Lag Switch deliberately in online gaming to gain an advantage. Also, if I hear nothing back from them then I put them on my PSN block list, that way they can't get into any more lobbies I host in the future.

I say this message to the room when I see red bars:

"For those of you with Red Bars, please get off the McDonald's wifi and fix your damn internet connection :) "

Back